Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one would you pick? (sorry, no picks available)
  • Playful teddy bear faced black male - 3 (18.8%)
  • Small, alien-eyed, shy,runt, black female - 8 (50%)
  • Super calm, cozy,cream male - 5 (31.3%)
  • Total Voters: 16

Topic: I'm getting a kitten!

(Read 8702 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I'm getting a kitten!
     OP - November 01, 2008, 11:34 PM

YAY! I've been trying to convince my mom for so long and now my work has paid off.

A girl I go to school with is dying to give me one her kittens. Her cat just had 7 and I went to go check them out yesterday. They were the cutest things ever. Initially, I was set on getting a black male cat because males are supposed to be calmer and black looks cool. He turned out to be a little more hyper than I expected but he has a teddy bear face. There is also the little runt who is also black and she has the cutest little alien eyes. She's funny looking and small compared to the others but just as cuter. And there is another one I really like who is cream colored and SO calm and relaxed. Plus he is a boy. I think I'm going to pick him because black might creep my mom out. I'm still not sure. I'm just excited I can finally get one!

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
  • Re: I'm getting a kitten!
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2008, 11:35 PM

Awww.  Pick the little runt, (I'm a sucker for the sympathy vote). MSinghK

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2008, 11:41 PM

Awww.  Pick the little runt, (I'm a sucker for the sympathy vote). MSinghK

I think it's really between her and the cream one. All the female cats I know of turn out to be snooty and don't like cuddling too much. Maybe she is different.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #3 - November 01, 2008, 11:43 PM

Take them all and train them to do your bidding! You could be like Cat Woman!

Though it has no bridge,
    The cloud climbs up to heaven;
    It does not seek the aid
    Of Gautama's sutras.

- Ikkyu
     Reply #4 - November 01, 2008, 11:46 PM

Take them all and train them to do your bidding! You could be like Cat Woman!

I wish. I'm only allowed one though.  Embarrassed

Actually, I got my mom to say okay when I bought litter and a box from the mall today. Hehehe. She couldn't say no. My friend said it would work but I doubted it. 

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #5 - November 02, 2008, 06:42 AM

Get two. That way they keep each other company some of the time and are less trouble to look after.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - November 02, 2008, 09:26 AM

Congratulations. Now pick up that shit.  Cheesy
     Reply #7 - November 02, 2008, 09:34 AM

Get two. That way they keep each other company some of the time and are less trouble to look after.

Get three, put one on the freezer - just for fun Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #8 - November 02, 2008, 12:45 PM

I initially voted for the female runt because I always feel more for the small ones, but get a boy kitten, they are way more affectionate from my experience so far.

My simba is just so adorable, even if he isn't as cute on the outside as my female cat was as a kitten he more than makes up for it when he constantly snuggles up to me.   yes

And congratulations on getting your mum to let you have one.  bunny

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - November 02, 2008, 10:35 PM

Yeah. I'm just going to bring two home. Did you get yours at the same time?

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #10 - November 02, 2008, 10:39 PM

Yep. They're brothers from the same litter. Completely different personalities but they get on really well together. Funny buggers. grin12

Reply #11 - November 02, 2008, 10:40 PM

I initially voted for the female runt because I always feel more for the small ones, but get a boy kitten, they are way more affectionate from my experience so far.

My simba is just so adorable, even if he isn't as cute on the outside as my female cat was as a kitten he more than makes up for it when he constantly snuggles up to me.   yes

And congratulations on getting your mum to let you have one.  bunny

Thanks. My brother and I bought a litter box and some litter to show her we were ready. My friend said that would probably work. Mom doesn't know I'm going to get two yet.  evil

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #12 - November 02, 2008, 10:41 PM

Just arrive home with two, she can't do much about it then. dance

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #13 - November 02, 2008, 10:44 PM

Yep. They're brothers from the same litter. Completely different personalities but they get on really well together. Funny buggers. grin12

Aw. Is there a cuddly one and a more independent one?

They use the same litter box and food bowls? I'm planning on buying a litter box with a swing door when they get bigger. I heard that if one is a quick learner, the one might try to copy.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #14 - November 02, 2008, 10:48 PM

Just arrive home with two, she can't do much about it then. dance

lol. She just can't. She'll probably like the cream one and pity the runt. I'm going to post pictures as soon as I bring them home. They're irresistible.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #15 - November 02, 2008, 10:52 PM

Aw. Is there a cuddly one and a more independent one?

Sort of. One has personal space issues when it comes to humans. Not sure why. I think someone may have hurt him when he was young. You can see sometimes he wants to be friendly but he's too nervous.
    The other one is a total attention whore and very demanding. Cracks me up.

They use the same litter box and food bowls? I'm planning on buying a litter box with a swing door when they get bigger. I heard that if one is a quick learner, the one might try to copy.

They use the same bowls but there's no litter box as they have access to the outdoors. I'm in a rural area so they have plenty of space to crap and hunt mice. They came with the house. Cats don't like moving and I like cats anyway so when the previous owners asked if I minded if the cats stayed I said it was fine with me.

Reply #16 - November 03, 2008, 03:54 AM

you're right to get two , cats can get lonely and it would be a lot harder to get the cat to accept another cat later on . But I have to disagree about female cats being less friendly , that's not my experience at all . Maybe the people saying that just haven't been nice enough to their moggies ?
     Reply #17 - November 03, 2008, 06:39 AM

Git two kitties!  Kittehs get loansome, needs sumbuddy ta play wif.    Imagine if u wuz took away tu liv all bai urself, missin ur bruddrs an sistrs.  Is sad, srsly.  Do Not Want! 

Just come home with two. How can your mom send one back?

Reply #18 - November 03, 2008, 07:35 AM

They use the same bowls but there's no litter box as they have access to the outdoors. I'm in a rural area so they have plenty of space to crap and hunt mice. They came with the house. Cats don't like moving and I like cats anyway so when the previous owners asked if I minded if the cats stayed I said it was fine with me.

I can't wait til mine start crapping in nature and I can get rid of the litter box, my little boy kitten is stinking my house at.

Reply #19 - November 03, 2008, 02:41 PM

I am training mine to use the toilet. aloofandbored0

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #20 - November 03, 2008, 02:42 PM

Is his name Mr Jinksy?  Tongue

Reply #21 - November 03, 2008, 02:45 PM

Is his name Mr Jinksy?  Tongue

Nope. He isn't that ugly either.  Afro

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #22 - November 03, 2008, 02:46 PM

See, now you have gone and hurt Mr Jinksies feelings.  You bad meany.  Cry

Reply #23 - November 03, 2008, 02:52 PM

See, now you have gone and hurt Mr Jinksies feelings.  You bad meany.  Cry

Oh well...he needs a good brushing... Afro

bunny

Reply #24 - November 05, 2008, 10:34 PM

It looks like I'm just getting the one now. It accidentally slipped out that I was planning on getting two and my mother's reaction wasn't pretty. Yesterday I went to the Humane Society to check out some cats. I was even thinking about getting an older one because they just watch the kittens get adopted all day and it's sad. But was no way of getting to know the personality of the cat. The people who worked there were just too protective of the cats. I held a few but I didn't want to make any hasty and irresponsible decisions.

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #25 - November 05, 2008, 10:37 PM

If it seems friendly and healthy it's probably a good cat. Most cats are cool.

Reply #26 - November 05, 2008, 10:41 PM

There were some extremely sweet ones and they loved being pet and wanted to get out so badly. And the dogs were even sadder. I almost cried because they were all such sweet animals. Gosh!

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #27 - November 05, 2008, 10:46 PM

Well my cats came with the house and they're about fifteen years old. Still really healthy and lotsa fun. Any older cat you get will probably already be housetrained. As long as they don't claw the fuck out of everything they'll usually be fine. Kittens are fun though.

Reply #28 - November 05, 2008, 10:50 PM

There were some extremely sweet ones and they loved being pet and wanted to get out so badly. And the dogs were even sadder. I almost cried because they were all such sweet animals. Gosh!

You can't take them all, tempting as it is when you see them in need of a home.  Just pick one, and give it a good home, is all you can do.  Adult cats are often a better take than kittens, because they're already toilet trained, and you can judge their personality better before you take them home.

Reply #29 - November 05, 2008, 11:08 PM

You can't take them all, tempting as it is when you see them in need of a home.  Just pick one, and give it a good home, is all you can do.  Adult cats are often a better take than kittens, because they're already toilet trained, and you can judge their personality better before you take them home.

Both my kittens were toilet trained when I got them and mysty was only 4 and half weeks old when I got her.  Tiny little thing clambering into the kitty litter tray lol it was so sweet.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »