Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Need ideas for Reggae themed birthday

(Read 9581 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Need ideas for Reggae themed birthday
     OP - October 19, 2008, 06:15 AM

So I'm having a Reggae themed birthday party and need some ideas on dress code (aside from the dreadlocks and jamaican beanie)...and on generally decorating the hall.

I'm going all out, pinning up Jamaican flags and playing heaps of Reggae music...but what else could I put around the hall to give it a Jamaican atmosphere.

I'm also going to be putting invites on little flip flop and pineapple keyrings attached to a paper invite with the details on it.

Just need ideas on how to set up the hall. Google hasn't been that helpful :s
  • Re: Need ideas for Reggae themed birthday
     Reply #1 - October 19, 2008, 07:58 AM

So I'm having a Reggae themed birthday party and need some ideas on dress code (aside from the dreadlocks and jamaican beanie)...and on generally decorating the hall.

I'm going all out, pinning up Jamaican flags and playing heaps of Reggae music...but what else could I put around the hall to give it a Jamaican atmosphere.

I'm also going to be putting invites on little flip flop and pineapple keyrings attached to a paper invite with the details on it.

On every table a big bowl of good African weed, king size rizla's, bongs, etc.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #2 - October 19, 2008, 09:18 AM

If that's on offer, send me an invite  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - October 19, 2008, 01:24 PM

If that's on offer, send me an invite  Cheesy

A reggae party without weed would be like a rave without E's Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #4 - October 19, 2008, 01:27 PM

I know, so next time you make the rav let me know and I'll bring the e.  bunny

Reply #5 - October 19, 2008, 01:31 PM

I know, so next time you make the rav let me know and I'll bring the e.  bunny

The last rave I attended was in 1994, I don't think I could handle it these days. The reggae party (as longs as the weed's there) sounds good to me. I do think we need to establish exactly what consitutes 'reggae' these days, I mean the US versiion seems to be based on the output of Chaka Demus and Pliers and 'Woooah, I'm going to Barbados'. Let's see the playlist  Afro

Ha Ha.
     Reply #6 - October 19, 2008, 01:36 PM

The last rave I attended was in 1994, I don't think I could handle it these days. The reggae party (as longs as the weed's there) sounds good to me. I do think we need to establish exactly what consitutes 'reggae' these days, I mean the US versiion seems to be based on the output of Chaka Demus and Pliers and 'Woooah, I'm going to Barbados'. Let's see the playlist  Afro

Cheesy

Well honestly I wouldn't know, I'm indie rock and roll these days, and we never called it reggae when I used to listen to it, we called it ragga, less bob marley and more Buju banton.

Reply #7 - October 19, 2008, 01:37 PM

Some reggae reggae sauce, reggae reggae sauce. Tastes good with your fried chicken. Makes burgers finger likcin, and rice and peas and fish- put some reggae sauce on your lips
     Reply #8 - October 19, 2008, 01:46 PM

Some reggae reggae sauce, reggae reggae sauce. Tastes good with your fried chicken. Makes burgers finger likcin, and rice and peas and fish- put some reggae sauce on your lips

yeah, that's more like it - real reggae!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #9 - October 19, 2008, 01:47 PM

yeah, that's more like it - real reggae!

Yeah- Levi Roots
     Reply #10 - October 19, 2008, 01:48 PM

Don't forget to serve curried goat, ackee and saltfish with fried dumplings (my absolute fav meal of all time) and a pinada shaped like a cannabis leaf with bags of tens inside would be so awesome  Cheesy

Reply #11 - October 19, 2008, 01:54 PM

or reggae reggae sauce
     Reply #12 - October 19, 2008, 03:33 PM

Wouldn't mind the weed except for it would affect my aviation career adversely Wink
     Reply #13 - October 19, 2008, 04:25 PM

[
    Wouldn't mind the weed except for it would affect my aviation career adversely Wink

Yeah, tricky. Those tests are rather annoying. I had to forget about being a test pilot, ah well.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #14 - October 19, 2008, 04:27 PM

Oh hey cool, now you I can admire, you have your head screwed on just right.   Afro

Isn't it cool that you were born in a day and place in which women are actually allowed to be pilots and stuff?  I think we are damn lucky to be born when we were born and of course where.  dance

Reply #15 - October 19, 2008, 04:48 PM

Oh hey cool, now you I can admire, you have your head screwed on just right.   Afro

Isn't it cool that you were born in a day and place in which women are actually allowed to be pilots and stuff?  I think we are damn lucky to be born when we were born and of course where.  dance

Yeh, although I have a 60 something year old female instructor who has hundreds and thousands of hours, she is amazing. I admire her experience and skills. It makes me proud to be a woman when I see women like her!

JT: Being a test pilot is soo tough. I'm doing commercial so to stay in my comfort zone because I don't think I want to be screwing with crazy g-forces.
     Reply #16 - October 19, 2008, 04:54 PM

I don't think I want to be screwing with crazy g-forces.

Sounds the safer option Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #17 - October 19, 2008, 10:33 PM

Limbo dancing, rum punch and Bob Marley. 

Those are my memories of the one and only reggae themed party I ever was at.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »