Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Yeh but you're a girl'

(Read 32408 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Yeh but you're a girl'
     Reply #210 - July 20, 2014, 05:53 AM

It's taboo for women to smoke in our culture too. Such BS. If a boy smokes, it's teen rebellion. If a girl smokes, it's serious moral decay. 
     Reply #211 - July 20, 2014, 09:48 AM

On this "its culture" thing, it is not.  My sister was the first to go to university by herself away from home in our whole extended family, and spent a gap year abroad.  This was the early 60's.

My grandparents were miners and steel workers.

Look up about women in Britain during ww2.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #212 - July 20, 2014, 03:40 PM

My sister was denied a chance to study engineering because of my parents. It's the worst thing they've done.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/20/female-engineers-forget-damsels-in-distress-british-industry

If British industry is to recover, we must convince more girls to study science and take up engineering jobs and apprenticeships

Persuade your parents to let your sister do that - it is never too late.  Do they not want a good retirement with security?  Your sister can do that!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #213 - July 20, 2014, 04:50 PM

Parents can be such idiots. My sister just got home yesterday from the US with a PhD from UCLA and all my mother would do is not talk to her because she has some parts of her hair dyed green. Wtf I love my mom but she can be so irrational at times. I'd be parading and bragging about her shamelessly if I was her.

GGAAAAAHH  finmad finmad

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #214 - July 20, 2014, 04:57 PM

She can't show off a flawed trophy daughter can she kulay?
     Reply #215 - July 20, 2014, 04:58 PM

Eww, that mentality. Burn it with fire.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #216 - July 20, 2014, 05:06 PM

She was crying and broke my heart. What made it worse that we both know that if it was me instead, she wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #217 - July 20, 2014, 05:09 PM

That's upsetting :(

turnipovich
     Reply #218 - July 20, 2014, 06:02 PM

Parents can be such idiots. My sister just got home yesterday from the US with a PhD from UCLA and all my mother would do is not talk to her because she has some parts of her hair dyed green. Wtf I love my mom but she can be so irrational at times. I'd be parading and bragging about her shamelessly if I was her.

GGAAAAAHH  finmad finmad

Instead of being proud of her, she is upset because she dyed her hair green?
    Argh..
     Reply #219 - July 20, 2014, 06:08 PM

Do people seriously have no clue what love is?
     Reply #220 - July 20, 2014, 06:20 PM

I have wondered about that.  The stories I have read make me think it is all a mad comedy parody of games people play and similar books.

Emotional blackmail instead of emotional intelligence.

Is there a computer game "drama queen" I missed?

Dali and the surrealists would love it!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #221 - July 20, 2014, 07:11 PM

This is from a woman who accepted (didn't approve but didn't give him shit either) her gay son when he came out to her

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #222 - July 20, 2014, 07:19 PM

Wow kulay. Your mother is an oddun.
     Reply #223 - July 20, 2014, 07:25 PM

This is from a woman who accepted (didn't approve but didn't give him shit either) her gay son when he came out to her

Shocked Shocked What??!

turnipovich
     Reply #224 - July 20, 2014, 07:59 PM

Did she want to get a phd herself and was stopped?  There seems to be conflict about something!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #225 - July 20, 2014, 08:17 PM

No, it's more about my sister not being a "proper" girl, and standing out.

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #226 - July 20, 2014, 08:17 PM

I hope my mum doesnt get mad when I get home from an exchange of 5 months.. In a neigbour country..
    What i expectis that my dad ll stalk me, to check if my bf does or doesnt come

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #227 - July 20, 2014, 08:18 PM

Kulay: tell ur mum that everyone does her hair, green, blond, black, pink xD

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #228 - July 20, 2014, 08:22 PM

No, it's more about my sister not being a "proper" girl, and standing out.

Wanting a cookie cutter trophy like a golden globe.
     Reply #229 - July 20, 2014, 08:27 PM

Wanting a cookie cutter trophy like a golden globe.

Exactly, you just described it better than I have. 

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #230 - July 20, 2014, 08:31 PM

I hope my mum doesnt get mad when I get home from an exchange of 5 months.. In a neigbour country..

Don't arouse him too much or he might just cum!
     Reply #231 - July 20, 2014, 08:35 PM

Just found out guys, the awesome Emma Thomson would probably support you.

"I'm an atheist; I suppose you can call me a sort of libertarian anarchist. I regard religion with fear and suspicion. It's not enough to say that I don't believe in God. I actually regard the system as distressing: I am offended by some of the things said in the Bible and the Qur'an and I refute them."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/acting-on-outspoken-beliefs/story-e6frg8n6-1111117752031?nk=0411f365c9359579466b22ae249997bc
     Reply #232 - July 20, 2014, 08:58 PM

Good for her.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #233 - July 21, 2014, 08:25 AM

Kulay: tell ur mum that everyone does her hair, green, blond, black, pink xD

No, if a Bangladeshi dyes her hair black hair golden blonde she is called a motherfucker. Personal experience:D.
     Reply #234 - July 21, 2014, 08:55 AM

far away hug

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #235 - July 21, 2014, 09:15 AM

Thanks QSE. It's OK.
     Reply #236 - July 21, 2014, 10:09 AM

The comment in the article about her daughter Gaia age 8 threw me as I had seen her and her teenage daughter a year or so back in a live show!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #237 - July 21, 2014, 11:16 AM

From article

Taking the role of Lady Marchmain has probably strengthened her convictions.

"I've never played anyone as extreme," Thompson agrees. "I think she was brought up by people who withheld all affection in lieu of the love of God, damaging her emotionally, which she then carried into her own parenting, and her children are damaged, too.

"She means well, though," Thompson says, leaping instinctively to her character's defence. "She really does.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #238 - July 21, 2014, 11:33 AM

Very good quote from the article moi!
     Reply #239 - July 21, 2014, 08:14 PM

Cheesy

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »