Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

New Britain
May 03, 2024, 08:21 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Yeh but you're a girl'

(Read 33882 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Yeh but you're a girl'
     Reply #180 - May 03, 2014, 03:57 PM

WHUT!! A male doll costs like 6000 dollar :|

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #181 - May 03, 2014, 04:55 PM

Better start saving.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #182 - May 03, 2014, 05:01 PM

Nah, I still have my boyfriend Wink

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #183 - May 04, 2014, 02:24 AM

Doll would be cheaper and less hassle. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #184 - May 04, 2014, 02:44 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #185 - May 04, 2014, 08:35 AM

Would be cheaper for my bf XD
    I dont think he is so mean to leave me for a doll ;p

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #186 - May 04, 2014, 05:08 PM

Just has one stashed away for when you're elsewhere.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #187 - May 04, 2014, 05:51 PM

Even if it's a doll, I think I wouldnt like.  finmad

Maybe for if we ever break up... : D

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #188 - July 16, 2014, 10:33 PM

*Me shaking my feet*
    Mom: Dont do that! You are a girl!

*Me whistling*
    Mom: You are a girl, now stop it!

How can you remain sane with insane people? 
     Reply #189 - July 17, 2014, 02:44 AM

Reply #190 - July 17, 2014, 02:45 AM

My sister was denied a chance to study engineering because of my parents. It's the worst thing they've done.
     Reply #191 - July 17, 2014, 05:56 AM

^ Why? That's really sad.
     Reply #192 - July 17, 2014, 06:30 AM

Descent:
    That's just wrong. Why would your parents do that, especially if that's what your sister wanted to study?

It's hard enough when girls in school are pressured by other students to move away from science/maths/engineering. Women in technical subjects at university have to do more than men to prove themselves and that carries over to when they start working, especially in IT and engineering. The last thing society needs is to turn away half the population from something they could excel at.
     Reply #193 - July 17, 2014, 06:38 AM

Ah yes, because engineering is a 'guys' field of sstudy and mostly men work in it, also it 'isn't' a suitable profession for a girl

Roll Eyes

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #194 - July 17, 2014, 06:53 AM

My parents say engineering is "men's work" too but they'd never stop me from studying it if I really wanted to. 
     Reply #195 - July 17, 2014, 07:42 AM

My parents say engineering is "men's work" too but they'd never stop me from studying it if I really wanted to

Noo.. you just do what you want to do  so they gave up on telling you what you should  do...............

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #196 - July 17, 2014, 07:44 AM

yeez Cheesy

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

Reply #197 - July 17, 2014, 08:34 AM

My sister was denied a chance to study engineering because of my parents. It's the worst thing they've done.

That's so unfair. What is she studying now ?
     Reply #198 - July 17, 2014, 09:49 AM

Noo.. you just do what you want to do  so they gave up on telling you what you should  do...............

Providing they aren't the honour killing sort.

Reply #199 - July 17, 2014, 09:59 AM

Providing they aren't the honour killing sort.

whaaaaaaaaat..

you don't know Al-Alethia mother., she will kill anyone who touches her daughter.....  That girl is lucky..

Reply #200 - July 17, 2014, 10:18 AM

That's exactly what I did and it made me miserable...I can relate...my dad said for a woman it is much better to work in the hospital and become a doctor...because in other places she may be more prone to sexual harassment. So I went to medical school to get them off my back (even though my parents claim they never pushed me to it...which is very frustrating)....I hated it and was miserable...but it was also the only way I could move out of the house...but I ended up withdrawing....

My dad actually originally wanted me to be a pharmacist because for a married woman with children it is flexible work, and she would have some sort of authority/prestige and not have to worry about sexual harassment. So after I dropped out of med school I had pressure to go to pharmacy school....so I applied and got accepted...but when I told him I wasn't going to go he went into a rage and told me I was wasting my life....

And there are other odd jobs my dad would never let me do...such as a waitress...he finds that to be the lowest of the low position for a woman...it's like prostitution (my  grandma was a waitress for a long time though)...I once babysat for one of my little brothers' friends because the parents had a baby...and my brother came along...I didn't tell my dad I was going to do it....when I came home he gave me a look and told me he never wanted to see me doing that again....he thinks babysitting is like being a servant...I was 18 at the time.

There are so many more things I couldn't do that my brothers did...I always felt like I was on the sidelines (literally in some cases) watching them do things but didn't get to participate as much...it sucks....but it really is easier to just do what they want and quietly suffer inside...that's what I've been doing most of my life.

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
     Reply #201 - July 17, 2014, 10:26 AM

That's exactly what I did and it made me miserable........................

I am so sorry to hear that KoalaBear ., that response to Quod Sum Eris was specific to Al-Alethia., Each family and its dynamics is different..

But what is life if it is all filled with roses? You know we got get up, learn from what happened in the past  and start fresh  

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #202 - July 17, 2014, 10:39 AM

I am so sorry to hear that KoalaBear ., that response to Quod Sum Eris was specific to Al-Alethia., Each family and its dynamics is different..

But what is life if it is all filled with roses? You know we got get up, learn from what happened in the past  and start fresh  

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Thanks...I've been trying to do that...and am doing something I like now...I'm studying to get my masters in counseling to be a therapist...but it's not as impressive to my parents (well not impressive at all) compared to my pharmD brother and medical school brother...and I really want to move out ...but I don't have school as an excuse because the university I'm in is close enough to commute...so I'm still 30 and stuck at home because a woman can't move out unless she is married (or goes to med school as far as my parents are concerned).

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
     Reply #203 - July 17, 2014, 10:57 AM

or just gets a job and says bye and moves  Wink

Reply #204 - July 17, 2014, 12:15 PM

Reply #205 - July 17, 2014, 02:56 PM

(1/3)x^(3) +C

h3h3, the faceless stickman on the left can't tell me that I suck.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #206 - July 19, 2014, 08:25 AM

My brother, who has done his fair share of haraam things ans happens to smoke, recently found out that our sister-in-law smokes. (She's the wife of another brother.)

He went on a rant about how he couldn't understand how our brother (who smokes too) married a woman that smokes. How filthy she is.
    I pointed out that he smokes himself.

"Yeah, but I'm a guy."

Well, fuck you, too.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #207 - July 19, 2014, 08:34 AM

That's very common among the Muslims. Even those who commit adultery froth at the mouth about hijab. In my life I was asked more to don the hijab than to be regular at my prayers!
     Reply #208 - July 19, 2014, 09:48 AM

My brother, who has done his fair share of haraam things ans happens to smoke, recently found out that our sister-in-law smokes. (She's the wife of another brother.)

He went on a rant about how he couldn't understand how our brother (who smokes too) married a woman that smokes. How filthy she is.
    I pointed out that he smokes himself.

"Yeah, but I'm a guy."

Well, fuck you, too.

My current gf was so wary of my reaction  when I find out (she smokes, I don't) that she was genuinely shocked that I was ok with it. I hate double standards and I know that if it was the other way around that it'd be alot more acceptable. I dislike smoking but she doesn't smoke enough to bother me so anyone outside the relationship that objects can just go and fuck themselves (not in a good way Tongue)

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #209 - July 19, 2014, 11:18 AM

That's very common among the Muslims. Even those who commit adultery froth at the mouth about hijab. In my life I was asked more to don the hijab than to be regular at my prayers!

He's one of them. Talking about how women should wear hijab while he himself doesn't even pray regularly! It's sad, cause he is really sweet otherwise.

Kulay: poor thing thought you'd make a big deal out of it. As long as you and her are happy, it's nobody's business.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »