Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An Open Letter to Ed Balls

(Read 4862 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An Open Letter to Ed Balls
     OP - October 16, 2008, 04:05 PM

An Open Letter to the Secretary of State for Education Ed Balls

The debate over the trajectory of the western sociopolitical system and its strained relations with Islam is the most pivotal of our time.  Muslims are in one of the most difficult phases of their history when malicious attacks including allegation of terrorism are being made on Islam and Muslims all over the world. The malicious campaign against Muslims is politically motivated. The world is obsessed by Islam. Anti-terror measures are ruining lives of Muslim youths. If you go around arresting young Muslims, you are going to find that you are going to ostracise this community. Young Muslims don’t need to be ostracized, they need to be engaged. According to the Arch Bishop, Rowan Williams, acceptance of some facets of Sharia not only “seems unavoidable”, but could actually improve social cohesion. Muslims should be able to choose to have marital or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia Court. Such courts should therefore be incorporated into the British legal system as a constructive accommodation with Islam.  Schools are being asked to help “win hearts and minds” in the battle against violent extremists on both sides. British born Imams should go into schools to supplement the teaching of RE, PSHE and Citizenship so that all pupils can learn about the Holy Quran and Islam in the context of a multicultural society. OFSTED must make sure that their services should be fully utilised by the schools, otherwise, it will be waste of public money.

The British Establishment is wrong to assert that Imams and Masajid have been radicalising Muslim youths.  The roots of extremism are in the British society and schools where institutional racism is at its peak. The racism within schools has got little media coverage. The school attended by 7/7 bombers in a part of Leeds known for its history of racial tension between British Asians and native Brits. Leeds council was so worried about the violence that it had to call in Foundation for Peace, a government funded peacekeepers who were used to keep Catholics and Protestants from killing one another in Northern Ireland. True message of Islam should be promoted because British media and society have always portrayed Islam in a negative way since Crusades and the siege of Vienna in 1683.  School Curriculum should be used to convey a deeper understanding of Islamic faith, history and culture. Prison is not the answer of those who are vulnerable to, or are being drawn into violent extremism unless they have clearly committed an offence.

The greatest challenge to humanity is learning to live in a crowded and interconnected world that is creating unprecedented pressures on human society. The rector of Oxford’s largest Anglican Churches has called a Muslim call to prayers from the main Masjid “un-English”. This is a clear case of intolerance. Gibraltar is a British colony. Five Pound currency note has a queen image on one side and on the other side there is an image of the Muslim Conqueror with a sword in his hand. There is more hatred of Muslims seduced by the Western media, education system and church leaders like Bishop Nazir Ali. Catholic nuns have worn veils for centuries, with no public controversies arising. There is no reason why any girl’s school uniform can not now be modified to include a veil. Wearing a veil to school or to work must be a matter of choice for all.
    Iftikhar Ahmad
    www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk

• Re: An Open Letter to Ed Balls
     Reply #1 - October 16, 2008, 04:23 PM

There is no reason why any girl’s school uniform can not now be modified to include a veil.

Quite, if they want to look stupid and have the piss taken out of them on a daily basis, why not? Personally I'd hate my kids to go through that, but then, I'm not mental or absorbed in a pile of bullshit masquerading as a belief system.  Ed Balls will probably listen to you, what with his hair and his funny ears, not to mention his name, he knows what it's like to be ridiculed and I reckon he would have worn a veil and a hijab if he could've.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #2 - October 16, 2008, 08:20 PM

I see Ishtar is doing the monthly hit and run barf again. Might ban the nong for spamming at some point.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - October 17, 2008, 06:25 AM

I am all for banning this biological spambot.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #4 - October 17, 2008, 08:59 AM

Could always chuck him in the pit for spamming. Just a thought.

Reply #5 - October 17, 2008, 10:23 AM

I see its that time of the month again. Roll Eyes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #6 - October 17, 2008, 11:07 AM

Is PMS so bad for you Iftikhar?  Wink
    I see its that time of the month again. Roll Eyes

Reply #7 - November 02, 2008, 11:48 AM

It is easy to say" Go back to where you came from",but do not forget that British Muslims are actually born and educated here. They are in the unenviable position of trying to combine two diffent worlds. That is no easy.

Multiculturalism is not about separation, ghettoisation or balkanisation. It is, instead, a recognition of both diversity and the need for common ground, mutual espect,and cultural engagement.

Muslims all over the world never opposed English as a language what they did was opposition of the English culture and their system of education. In Pakistan, the medium of instruction is English and the official language is both English and Urdu. Pakistan is going to send English teachers to Korea for the teaching of English language.

Muslim parents would like their children to be well versed in standard English to follow the National Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. Majority of Muslim children leave schools with low grades because state schools with monolingual teachers are not capable of teaching English to bilingual children.At the same time, they need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural roots and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry.
    I am concerned with the education of the Muslim children. It is nothing to do with integration or segregation. Those state schools where Muslim children are in majority, in my opinion, may be designated as Muslim community schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as roel models.

Reply #8 - November 02, 2008, 08:05 PM

Right, so what you're advocating is turning state schools into state-funded faith schools. Really? So by the same logic would you be in favour of state schools that are not in Muslim majority areas being designated as Christian community schools with monolingual Christian teachers, even if they had a sizeable proportion of bilingual Muslim students?

If you would not be in favour of this consistent application of your logic please explain why. Kthnx.

Reply #9 - November 02, 2008, 10:05 PM

I had no idea Ed Balls was on this forum, I assume he'd have a different user name though Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #10 - November 02, 2008, 10:08 PM

Ok, I confess.  I am Ed Balls in disguise.  Thank you for your letter Iftikar, I have instructed my secretary to file it under "religionist whining/special pleading", she'll fire off the standard response to you first thing in the morning. Afro

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #11 - November 02, 2008, 10:16 PM

I knew it!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #12 - November 03, 2008, 04:48 AM

Not a single successful society in 1400yrs and you want the brits to adopt the islamic culture. How about you go fix the culture first before submitting people to it again.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »