Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Random Islamic History Po...
Today at 01:36 AM

Man kills his 16 year ...
Today at 01:27 AM

Heretic's Guide to the Bi...
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 08:57 PM

CEMB Twitter account
by FBY
Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Was Muhammed an Epileptic...
Yesterday at 05:55 PM

so I got my DNA done and ...
by zeca
Yesterday at 05:35 PM

Asylum Guidelines on Apos...
Yesterday at 04:57 PM

Agnostic Muslim Facebook ...
Yesterday at 03:16 PM

That is funny news.. Suad...
Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Who is better?
Yesterday at 07:38 AM

Orientalism - Edward Said
April 27, 2016, 08:59 PM

Donations

Kitty is lost

Theme Changer

Topic: Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims

(Read 58075 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 22 23 24« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims
     Reply #690 - December 09, 2015, 10:43 PM

It is not due to the stories but the idea that w/o God no one has an basis to use for their moral compass. They are unable to think outside of the carrot (reward) and stick (punishment) mentality which is ingrained within many religions. They are unable to think of reasons against incest so assume and project their inability on to other people. However the argument fails when one looks at history in which ideas, customs, acts, etc, are considered immoral now even when past believers and even scripture thought it was moral.

Yes bogart, I'm aware. It was an attempt at tongue-in-cheek humour. Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #691 - December 09, 2015, 11:58 PM

According to the Quran, we should all be slaughtered.
     Reply #692 - December 10, 2015, 01:53 AM

Actually that's not true. According to hadith. Quran never says kill the apostate. Though it does say slay the unbelievers wherever you find them, but there's a lot of contradictions in that book.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #693 - December 10, 2015, 04:39 PM

Actually it does: yes

Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought* against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

*Fighting can mean speaking out, questioning rule etc

Qur'an (4:89) - "They wish that you should disbelieve as they disbelieve, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."
     Reply #694 - December 10, 2015, 04:46 PM

The above could be viewed as talking about oath breakers, those who break treaties rather than simply ex-muslims. Right after that it says:

4:90 "Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them."

4:91 "You will find others who wish to obtain security from you and [to] obtain security from their people. Every time they are returned to [the influence of] disbelief, they fall back into it. So if they do not withdraw from you or offer you peace or restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you overtake them. And those - We have made for you against them a clear authorization."

• Previous page 1 ... 22 23 24« Previous thread | Next thread »