Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Manifesto of the Council

(Read 58918 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Manifesto of the Council
     Reply #60 - December 11, 2007, 11:50 PM

not only are they obsessed with morality - they are obsessed with only ONE area of morality - sex!
    As any good confessor knows - that is a VERY minor area when it comes to ethics.

Heresy! Start collecting the brushwood!

We can only imagine what a good confessor knows...  Like doctors, lawyers and whores they are deontologically sworn to secrecy. But I do imagine that he hears heavier stories than doctors, lawyers and whores. But again, that is only imagining, and so the Jesuit Council of Rosemary and Sages, must condemn you.

Unless of course you recant. (we'll leave it to the secular powers to decide the necessary methods of persuasion).

Sic transit Gloria Swanson
     Reply #61 - December 12, 2007, 09:29 AM

Heresy! Start collecting the brushwood!

We can only imagine what a good confessor knows...  Like doctors, lawyers and whores they are deontologically sworn to secrecy. But I do imagine that he hears heavier stories than doctors, lawyers and whores. But again, that is only imagining, and so the Jesuit Council of Rosemary and Sages, must condemn you.

Unless of course you recant. (we'll leave it to the secular powers to decide the necessary methods of persuasion).

We know what confessors are TAUGHT, though, don´t we? There are written teaching materials for confessors-to-be.
    Anyway - what heresy have I been committing? Am always willing to learn from Saint Ioshka!
     Reply #62 - April 08, 2009, 07:50 PM

I have no problem with athiests - in fact I swing from Agnostic to Athiest and back quite often.

It's the fact that they only allow Athiests into the inner sanctum.

If that is true - then they should re-name their council "The Council of Ex-Muslim Athiests of Britain"

I just don't like the 'exclusivity' of it!

you can take the boy out of islam, but you can´t take islam out of the boy... just swap the "najis kafir" phobia to "faithhead-phobia" and you get the picture... sad.

if you don't like the term faithhead, then stop believing in mythology, believing a man survived inside the belly of a fish.  I don't like the Marxist slant of the council but I do like the exclusivity factor, you can call us logicalheads or rationalistheads if that will make you feel better...   
     Reply #63 - April 10, 2009, 03:38 PM

Nevermind, deleted.

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #64 - April 10, 2009, 10:04 PM

Give it a rest, Aksel.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #65 - April 11, 2009, 04:33 AM

Give it a rest, Aksel.

You're right, my post was uncalled for.

What I mean to say is, calling someone ____head is offensive, as it implies there is something wrong with their brain.

Can you think of one example where it doesn't? Smackhead, pinhead, dickhead... They are all insulting terms. So is "faithhead"

"It may happen that the enemies of Islam may consider it expedient not to take any action against Islam, if Islam leaves them alone in their geographical boundaries... But Islam cannot agree to this unless they submit to its authority by paying Jizyah"

-Sayyid Qutb, Milestones
     Reply #66 - April 11, 2009, 07:27 AM

Give it a rest, Aksel.

You're right, my post was uncalled for.

What I mean to say is, calling someone ____head is offensive, as it implies there is something wrong with their brain.

Can you think of one example where it doesn't? Smackhead, pinhead, dickhead... They are all insulting terms. So is "faithhead"

]

Don't worry Aksel, when these guys come up with their Atheist trash talk they only intend to insult Christians and Jews, as someone in a "protected species" religion you don't need to worry.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #67 - April 11, 2009, 11:00 AM

You can all us rationalistheads, we don't mind, if you don't want to be defined by something you follow or find it insulting then don't follow it. As for me, I will call a theist a faithhead.
     Reply #68 - July 14, 2011, 11:23 AM

bump *oldest thread competition*
     Reply #69 - July 14, 2011, 12:35 PM

Its an oldest necro competition, and 2009 is FAIL

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #70 - April 14, 2012, 05:59 AM

bump *oldest thread competition*

Its an oldest necro competition, and 2009 is FAIL

Actually, given the fact that on the first page we got people getting really concerned over communists in Western Europe, I'd suppose this thread was written in 1956.

fuck you
     Reply #71 - April 14, 2012, 06:41 AM

Who are all these strange people who used to populate this forum before we arrived?

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #72 - April 14, 2012, 06:47 AM

These, Time Traveller, were the Eloi, a peaceful race of gentle-minded, child-like banal creatures who used to live on the surface until we (the Morlocks) wiped them out.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #73 - April 14, 2012, 06:48 AM

Cheesy I read that book when I was a kid, made me cry so hard!

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #74 - June 09, 2012, 11:51 PM

You forgot the last lines.
    Ex-Muslims of the World Unite!
     Afro
     Reply #75 - June 10, 2012, 12:35 AM

who you?^

Cheesy I read that book when I was a kid, made me cry so hard!

shta2tilak ya zgheer... b3adni bfakir feek.. ya rayt ba3dak ma3na ..  far away hug
     Reply #76 - June 10, 2012, 02:50 PM

Dafuk barosh
  • Manifesto of the Council
     Reply #77 - January 13, 2015, 05:08 PM

JE SUIS CHARLIE, JE SUIS JUIF, J'ÉTAIS MUSULMAIN
    A SECULAR ISRAEL. Don't let Netenyahu seize the Paris massacre agenda.
    Israel and Palestine should work towards a "one-state" solution by slow confidence-building measures. A two-state proposal would tend towards the recurrent conflicts of Pakistan- India. The secular state would guarantee security for any community asking for it (atheists, Jews, Arab Muslims, Armenian Christians …) but maintain a strict separation between religion and state (cf the French constitution). Government would forbid religious symbols in parliament and court, classify Jerusalem sites as museum areas (cf Ataturk & Hagia Sofia), allow multiple holy days. "The land given by God to the Jews" would be redefined or disallowed as a policy objective.
    The achievement of trustworthy police force is essential to peace-building. See the police force of Northern Ireland.  Internal security would be enforced by police with parallel institutions at first. Officers would have baccalaureate (i.e. A-level) qualifications in police procedures, good command of Hebrew, Arabic and English and proficiency in "history of ideas" (see Grayling): this would include Greek philosophy, the three monotheisms, plus some science-based ethics, e.g. evolutionary theory and cosmology. Other ranks of police would show lower proficiency. Training within a specific religion would be allowed only out of school and within a religious establishment. Salaries and scrutiny would reduce the possibilities of bribery. Promotion would be demonstrated record of non-partisan application of law. The Israel-Palestine parallel police forces would show these proficiencies and  have equal opportunities recruitment. 
  • Manifesto of the Council
     Reply #78 - January 24, 2017, 10:59 PM

I'm an ex-Muslim, Humanist & atheist, feminist.Ex Muslims manifesto is the written words of my heart. I'm proud to be a member of CEMB.Mariyam Namazie and colleagues doing great job.This world needs more forum & organisations like this to get human nation out of religious hypocrisy.Religions are poisonous for the world peace & equality. All the Ex-Muslims & Atheists and humanists are united under same principles. Vision of a world without religions for peace,love & equalities

No religion no war, No religious justification no discrimination.Free thinking & humanism is the way forward for global peace establishment.One law for all human being.
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »