Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: High impact attacks, why?

(Read 1665 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • High impact attacks, why?
     OP - March 24, 2017, 02:40 AM

It appears that 'all' the recent religions attacks by Islamic extremists are high profile, high impact.  Why is this?  Was the bar set very high by 9/11, or is there some other reason?  You never hear about, for example a care worker, slipping a granny something that will push her over the edge that bit quicker.  Or do these lower profile attacks happen? 
     Reply #1 - March 24, 2017, 03:29 AM

There's something basic you're not getting about terrorism - its designed to cause terror.  Their aim is not to get away with it, Dr Shipman style, but to cause fear among the general population.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - March 24, 2017, 05:08 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1_rNT3k2ZXB-f9z-2nSFMIBQKXCs&hl=en_US

It depends on what you classify as terrorism and what you classify as just crime. There have been a lot of attacks that were done by Muslims. That map is interactive and is of crimes by people who came during the migrant crisis in 2017 as reported or confirmed by police, I count more than 40 homicides or attempted homicides (each of those represents a specific attacker on the rampage and may include more than one victim). If you select just terror, I see an additional 26.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #3 - March 24, 2017, 08:23 AM

There's something basic you're not getting about terrorism - its designed to cause terror.  Their aim is not to get away with it, Dr Shipman style, but to cause fear among the general population.

they cause terror , anger , disappointment , media attention , other Muslims questioning and eventually apostasy after the truth is reviled

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »