Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: London attack :(

(Read 5946 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • London attack :(
     OP - March 23, 2017, 12:19 AM

Death toll has risen to 5, and among the dead is PC Keith Palmer.

The attacker has not yet been identified.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505
     Reply #1 - March 23, 2017, 01:45 AM

I am terribly sorry.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - March 23, 2017, 07:46 AM

Driving into crowds seems to be the new MO for terrorists.
     Reply #3 - March 23, 2017, 02:13 PM

yup, here we go again. its insane.
     Reply #4 - March 23, 2017, 05:18 PM

And it looks like the standard:

Homegrown, named "Khalid Masood", criminal career...... then finds allah, repents and celebrates the joy of a religious identity by trying to kill as many people as possible.

The only thing out of the ordinary seems to be, that he was 52, not in his twenties or early thirties.
     Reply #5 - March 23, 2017, 06:19 PM

Hope everyone in the UK is doing okay.
     Reply #6 - March 23, 2017, 10:38 PM

And it looks like the standard:

Homegrown, named "Khalid Masood", criminal career...... then finds allah, repents and celebrates the joy of a religious identity by trying to kill as many people as possible.

The only thing out of the ordinary seems to be, that he was 52, not in his twenties or early thirties.

Piece of shit  finmad
     Reply #7 - March 23, 2017, 11:26 PM

I'm really annoyed at some of my Facebook friends whose instant reaction was "this will make Islamphobia worse!" I understand being worried about yourself and your family but can't you also spare a thought for the people who died?

And don't even get me started on the likes of Stephen Yaxley Lennon and Donald Trump Jr, who wasted no time exploiting the tragedy for their own political gains.
     Reply #8 - March 23, 2017, 11:33 PM

Attacks are getting worse anyway.  What is the solution?  Surely, its to stop pretending everything is fine within 'moderate' Islam and start to educate people?  "Ex muslim because" was a great idea but the liberal media can't possibly promote anything anti-Islam.  What do people think? 
     Reply #9 - March 24, 2017, 12:31 AM

does khalid Masood sound like a moderate muslim to you?
     Reply #10 - March 24, 2017, 12:39 AM

I'm really annoyed at some of my Facebook friends whose instant reaction was "this will make Islamphobia worse!" I understand being worried about yourself and your family but can't you also spare a thought for the people who died?

I agree.

I haven't been on facebook for years. sometimes they just behave like sheep on facebook.

can't believe that killer was in his 50s
     Reply #11 - March 24, 2017, 12:45 AM

does khalid Masood sound like a moderate muslim to you?

I didn't say he was.  I'm saying the solution to the problem would come from 'moderate' Islam.  Via an Islamic enlightenment, maybe? 
     Reply #12 - March 24, 2017, 01:20 AM

This is rather sad. Thoughts to all the victims. Cry

His age is even more worrying, as it seems weird to hear of a middle aged man committing such a senselessly destructive act.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #13 - March 24, 2017, 08:28 AM

it is really sad ....
    i truly wish that they dont succeed in scaring people out of life

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #14 - March 24, 2017, 08:34 AM

The prospects for reform from the moderate side don't look great.  The trend seems to be people either leaving/and or becoming secular, or doubling down and becoming more conservative.
     Reply #15 - March 24, 2017, 12:15 PM

People have no innate sense of proportion or risk. Deaths from terrorism in London in past year 5, road accidents 130, sudden heart attacks ~ 10,000 (and the latter two numbers are on a falling trend). Such global publicity and panic for a trivial risk is insane and aids the terrorists. Far more were killed by the IRA in the 70s and 80s (no Muslims involved...) . Yes of course there is always the risk of a bigger event such as Nice or Bataclan, but if you tried to avoid all conjectural risks, then none of us would do anything (you couldn't even move around the house, as that is where most accidents happen).

The most stupid thing in this country in the past year was done largely by native white people - voting for Brexit (although Londoners are not guilty).

The attacker was a 52-year-old believed to have been living in the West Midlands but born in Kent. Not on the terrorist radar but had a string of convictions included GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences. A muslim convert, he was born Adrian Elms in Dartford, Kent. Such a loser nutter would probably have joined any violent extremist sect - if Jihadism had not been available, could just as well have been a neo Nazi.
     Reply #16 - March 24, 2017, 12:53 PM

Nowt
     Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

am astonished you compare a deliberate terrorist threatening the parliament  to death by heart attacks .

i doubt that i even want to argue with this type of thinking  lipsrsealed

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #17 - March 24, 2017, 02:28 PM

Nowt you seem to forget, because you are clearly looking for excuses, that most terrorist attacks are prevented.  If it were not for the 7 Billion (don't quote me on that) we spend each year on Islamic anti-terrorist measures, we would have these types of attacks all the time. 

And there is huge difference between a death by an accident and an act of mass/multiple murder. 

Reply #18 - March 24, 2017, 04:41 PM

Terrorist attacks are deliberate. Heart attacks, as far as I understand them, usually aren't. Jihadism comes with a political and religious ideology. Road accidents do not. Terrorist groups recruit people to wage war on our liberties for they find them abhorrent. Electrical appliances do not. We don't need to talk about native white people. Ideas that lead to these attacks do not care about your skin colour if you believe in them.
     Reply #19 - March 24, 2017, 05:19 PM

Andrew Neil's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPIH4ipM6s

"Keith Palmer had been a copper for 15 years, a husband, a dad, brother, uncle, public servant. Before joining the police, he’d been in the army, defending our nation.

Yesterday he was murdered defending our democracy, defending the very heart of our democracy from a barbarian at the gate.

Just doing his duty, reminding us of something we badly needed reminding, that the most important people in this country are not the rich, the powerful, the famous but those who run to confront the enemies of our civilisation while the rest of us are running away. First responders like PC Palmer.

Brutally stabbed to death by a jumped-up jihadi, not fit to breathe the same air as the man he killed.

Now I know there are still some ‘Jihadi Johnnies’ out there who think they will eventually triumph because their love of death is greater than our love of life.

Do you have any idea who you’re dealing with?

This is the country that stood up alone to the might of the Luftwaffe, air force of the greatest evil mankind has ever known.

If you think we’re going to be cowed by some pathetic, Poundland terrorist in an estate car with a knife, then you’re as delusional as you are malevolent.

Yes, you have the power to hurt us. Sometimes the hurt is more than we can bear - but you cannot defeat us.

Because for every brainwashed, brain dead Islamist you send to do us harm, we have thousands upon thousands of Keith Palmers. You find them in every walk of life and in every part of the land, they come in all shapes, all sizes, all colours, all faiths. They are the British people and against them you will never prevail."

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #20 - March 24, 2017, 07:52 PM

Nowt
     Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

am astonished you compare a deliberate terrorist threatening the parliament  to death by heart attacks .

i doubt that i even want to argue with this type of thinking  lipsrsealed

I was just trying to make the point that the risk in this country of being killed in a terrorist attack in this country is extremely small. If you are less upset by a comparison with human evil rather than natural causes there were 109 murders last year in London.
     Reply #21 - March 26, 2017, 02:35 AM

There is a time and place for condemning other incidents of violence. This sort of whataboutery is rather distasteful.

No one is saying that we shouldn't also be looking for ways to reduce murders.
     Reply #22 - March 27, 2017, 10:19 AM

People have no innate sense of proportion or risk. Deaths from terrorism in London in past year 5, road accidents 130, sudden heart attacks ~ 10,000 (and the latter two numbers are on a falling trend). Such global publicity and panic for a trivial risk is insane and aids the terrorists. Far more were killed by the IRA in the 70s and 80s (no Muslims involved...) . Yes of course there is always the risk of a bigger event such as Nice or Bataclan, but if you tried to avoid all conjectural risks, then none of us would do anything (you couldn't even move around the house, as that is where most accidents happen).

The most stupid thing in this country in the past year was done largely by native white people - voting for Brexit (although Londoners are not guilty).

The attacker was a 52-year-old believed to have been living in the West Midlands but born in Kent. Not on the terrorist radar but had a string of convictions included GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences. A muslim convert, he was born Adrian Elms in Dartford, Kent. Such a loser nutter would probably have joined any violent extremist sect - if Jihadism had not been available, could just as well have been a neo Nazi.

Comparisons with the iRA are not relevant imho.  The IRA had a limited objective - end of British rule in Northern Ireland.   The aims of the Jihadis are the overthrow and subjugation of non-muslim populations.  True that in terms of statistical probability the average westerner has more chance of being struck by lightening than being killed by a terrorist.  Barack Obama made this point several times.  But this ignores the cultural impact - injecting fear and intimidation to limit freedom of speech.   Many in the media and politics are self-censoring cowards already.   The IRA had no objections to free speech in the UK, only on their own patch.

Reply #23 - March 31, 2017, 09:36 AM

London terrorist's defiant daughter rejected dad's orders to wear burqa and went to prom in revealing dress

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/london-terrorists-teenage-daughter-rejected-10106471

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3173464/london-terror-attackers-daughter-converted-to-islam-changed-her-name-and-wears-a-burka-sparking-bitter-battle-with-ex-partner-who-dumped-him/

why people with criminal records feel more related to islam
    if he still alive i would love to ask him about the moment he felt that is it this is the religon i want to be in

Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »