Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Opening the door

(Read 4267 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Opening the door
     OP - March 22, 2017, 03:46 PM

Hello my friends. I have been meaning to join this forum for a few years now but I couldn't for one reason or another. My memory on that topic is rather hazy. Let me give you a short account of how I became an atheist.

I was born to a Muslim family in Pakistan and I spent a few years at a madrassah to become a hafiz. During that time I read a great many Islamic texts: parts of the sihah sitta, tafseers, books on fatwas and so on. When I went back to school and started reading about the scientific method and the philosophy of empiricism, I could no longer retain my absolute faith in the religion of Islam. However, I would be remiss if I do not mention the humanizing influence of the kind of fiction I read during that time. Even before I left school to go to the madrassah, I used to read a great deal of Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie among others.

The threads started to unravel slowly and in time I came to see that my belief in God was irrational. I was seventeen at the time and losing my faith in Islam threw me into deep well of nihilism and depression. It took me years to climb out of that well. Looking back, I consider myself lucky that I was well acquainted with the doctrines of Islam for that allowed me to see the problems with those very doctrines.  I guess you can say that I have found the silver lining.

Anyway, let's not dwell on the past. I am no longer living in Pakistan although I might have to go back one day. I haven't told my parents and I don't think I ever will. Our relationship will not survive that revelation I fear.

I am looking forward to getting to know the wise people of this humble dwelling.

So long and thanks for all the fish. 
  • Opening the door
     Reply #1 - March 22, 2017, 10:26 PM

Welcome!  parrot
  • Opening the door
     Reply #2 - March 23, 2017, 01:46 AM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Opening the door
     Reply #3 - March 23, 2017, 06:49 AM

Welcome!  parrot
  • Opening the door
     Reply #4 - March 23, 2017, 07:23 AM

Thank you. I have a question. Does the parrot mean something? I was listening to the The Rolling Stones' "She's a Rainbow" and that's what it reminds me of.
  • Opening the door
     Reply #5 - March 23, 2017, 08:22 AM

Welcome https://mobile.twitter.com/lindseybieda/status/842529432480964610/photo/1
  • Opening the door
     Reply #6 - March 23, 2017, 02:24 PM

Thank you. I have a question. Does the parrot mean something? I was listening to the The Rolling Stones' "She's a Rainbow" and that's what it reminds me of.

It's a divine order as revealed below. The original sunnah was to share rabbits and parrots side by side together, as was commanded. Unfortunately, many members have forgotten this sunnah.

Suratul-Parrot:

1.The Parrot
    2. What Parrot?
    3. And what shall make ye know what constitutes a parrot?
    4. Surely, thy lord hath blessed it and filled it with merit
    5. And hath made it taste like chicken when cooked, thus do we compare it.
    6. And the rabbit he hath blessed, and made it love the carrot.
    7. So when thou seeth a furry rabbit, try not to scare it
    8. And when new members join the forum, offer them rabbit and parrot
    9. Dancing side by side together, thus shall ye share it
    10. Surely, those who deny parrots and rabbits, we have prepared for them a dunce cap and we shall force them to wear it
    11. For only a few minutes, and just for laughs really, thus does your lord declare it

And welcome!  parrot bunny
  • Opening the door
     Reply #7 - March 26, 2017, 07:08 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Opening the door
     Reply #8 - March 26, 2017, 09:08 PM

Welcome norwegian_wood, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Opening the door
     Reply #9 - March 26, 2017, 09:52 PM

Thank you for the rabbits and the parrots. My room is now full. I'll start searching for a new apartment promptly for I know now what constitutes a parrot.
  • Opening the door
     Reply #10 - April 03, 2017, 09:19 AM

Hi, welcome  parrot
  • Opening the door
     Reply #11 - April 03, 2017, 07:55 PM

Hello my friends. I have been meaning to join this forum for a few years now but I couldn't for one reason or another. My memory on that topic is rather hazy. Let me give you a short account of how I became an atheist.

I was born to a Muslim family in Pakistan and I spent a few years at a madrassah to become a hafiz. During that time I read a great many Islamic texts: parts of the sihah sitta, tafseers, books on fatwas and so on. When I went back to school and started reading about the scientific method and the philosophy of empiricism, I could no longer retain my absolute faith in the religion of Islam. However, I would be remiss if I do not mention the humanizing influence of the kind of fiction I read during that time. Even before I left school to go to the madrassah, I used to read a great deal of Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie among others.

The threads started to unravel slowly and in time I came to see that my belief in God was irrational. I was seventeen at the time and losing my faith in Islam threw me into deep well of nihilism and depression. It took me years to climb out of that well. Looking back, I consider myself lucky that I was well acquainted with the doctrines of Islam for that allowed me to see the problems with those very doctrines.  I guess you can say that I have found the silver lining.

Anyway, let's not dwell on the past. I am no longer living in Pakistan although I might have to go back one day. I haven't told my parents and I don't think I ever will. Our relationship will not survive that revelation I fear.

I am looking forward to getting to know the wise people of this humble dwelling.

So long and thanks for all the fish. 

This is weird. I was seventeen when i became a vegetarian and realized that I was an agnostic. My nihilism and depression had started since i was fifteen, though.  mysmilie_977
    I am a Pakistani too with a Muslim family. I fear the exact same thing.  yes
  • Opening the door
     Reply #12 - April 06, 2017, 12:59 AM

Welcome parrot

I'm Danish Dane with more Danish on top but I follow the Ex-Muslims of Norway on Facebook. They seem to be a bit too cranky for me though.

Here in Denmark we have finally gotten a few hidden Ex-Muslim Facebook groups going.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »