Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Manga/Anime Thread

(Read 32094 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #90 - January 25, 2017, 03:01 AM

If any of you decide to watch the classic that is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, you're in for a treat. But be warned: your standards may rise to the point that every other anime that you watch after it will seem shit.

A very good series tacking a lot of topics. One I do like is how they expose how the more free society fails due to corruption from the very top it never addresses. While the more restrictive society succeeds due to strong leadership taking charge when corruption became a serious issue. Sorry I do not remember the two primary character's names but both hold similar values but act in different ways. The Republic hero ignores the issues of the government at it's core only attempting to correct the symptoms as the nation crumbles around him. While the monarch hero resolves the issue itself which is government which changes the society itself for the better.
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #91 - January 26, 2017, 01:19 PM

Watching the inauguration yesterday, I couldn't help but expect Job Truniht to come out to the FPA anthem. Ah well, guess Trump can't be much worse.  wacko

Grin

A very good series tacking a lot of topics. One I do like is how they expose how the more free society fails due to corruption from the very top it never addresses. While the more restrictive society succeeds due to strong leadership taking charge when corruption became a serious issue. Sorry I do not remember the two primary character's names but both hold similar values but act in different ways. The Republic hero ignores the issues of the government at it's core only attempting to correct the symptoms as the nation crumbles around him. While the monarch hero resolves the issue itself which is government which changes the society itself for the better.

I second this. It was an incredibly well thought out plot  Afro
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #92 - April 01, 2017, 04:45 PM

The first episode of Attack on Titan S2 is here!
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #93 - April 02, 2017, 02:22 AM

Wow, got to see that. OMG, OMG!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #94 - April 02, 2017, 11:54 AM

It's pretty brutal, and I had forgotten how creepy the Titans were  yes
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #95 - April 03, 2017, 01:43 PM

What do you mean, they're always smiling. What's nicer than that!  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #96 - April 03, 2017, 01:55 PM

I used to work in a youth club that was especially for the disabled. You'd think the titans were modelled on some of them. There was a huge variety of physical and mental disabilities and seeing the portrayal of the titans was slightly uncomfortable for me that reason. I distinctly remember going on a group trip and my aunt picking me up to give me a lift home. I got off the bus, introduced her to a few of the people I was friendly with. She as visibly uncomfortable (not in a nasty way, in a "these poor people way") and when we got in the car she had tears in her eyes. This was from watching people get off the bus and spending at most five minutes with them. I was thinking about that while watching the show. I honestly don't know if the creator modelled his monsters off of the disabled, but fuck me, some of the titans look and move like animated versions of the kids I worked with. If this was deliberate part of me wants to punch him.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #97 - April 03, 2017, 02:47 PM

I doubt it's intentional.

Unless there are a lot of youths that look like Richard Stallman these days.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »