Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Just discovered this thing called alcohol

(Read 2592 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Just discovered this thing called alcohol
     OP - March 03, 2017, 12:42 AM

Don't know if I'll explore further into this mysterious field. I bought a Jack Daniels whisky the other day and really didn't like it. And earlier I randomly picked out a red wine bottle. Took a gulp and it's what I imagine battery acid would taste like. Really really horrible. The juicy colour misled me! Yes yes, I'm weak.

Was a bit paranoid when picking them up that I'd be 'caught' by a family member or an old friend.
     Reply #1 - March 03, 2017, 12:53 AM

blimey ward! lol
     Reply #2 - March 03, 2017, 12:55 AM

I love the fruity smell of red wine. never tried it. but I always have a sniff when i'm out with friends.
     Reply #3 - March 03, 2017, 01:07 AM

Fruity? Is that what it's supposed to smell like? The bottle I picked up smells really acrid. It recommends having it with a 'meaty stew' so I guess it can just about be tolerable when you gulp it down with food. But bloody hell, I'm taken aback by how strong it was. Not sure if I have much patience for developing an 'acquired taste'.
     Reply #4 - March 03, 2017, 01:24 AM

lol, I don't know much about wines but the reds in the restaurants always smell nice.

I do think its an acquired taste though. takes a bit of practise. I had my drink spiked at work once. It wasn't nice.
     Reply #5 - March 03, 2017, 10:48 AM

Jack Daniel..pffft.

If you want to be stupidly drunk and wild out,Get yourself an Absolute Vodka or Sky

If you want to get confidently drunk and hit on any girl  in the club. Jameson whisky is the one for you.

Hennessey and Long Island ice tea cocktail are my favourite though

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #6 - March 04, 2017, 02:55 PM

I looooove Henne and rum/coke. I'm not much of a drinker. I prefer to smoke.

turnipovich
     Reply #7 - March 04, 2017, 03:04 PM

I got my neighbor addicted to German Cokes, and I don't even drink!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #8 - March 06, 2017, 01:31 PM

Different wines, different tastes. The thing with a wine bottle, once you open it you're supposed to drink it that same day or it'll turn sour...

I'm not a fan of red wine anyway, I prefer white. I also prefer cider over beer. And drinks that contain vodka over whisky and so on. However, my favorite alcoholic drink has to be raki/rakija, preferably made out of pear or honey. It's what I imagine booze in jannah will taste like.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #9 - March 06, 2017, 03:17 PM

I did drink it all within two days of opening it, was terribly coarse. Beer never appealed to me. People around me would joke that it resembles urine which these non believers were ruining their lives with. That kind of reaction/viewpoint set itself within me. Not quite as repulsive a reaction I have towards pork. I don't know if I'll ever get over pork food as the gag reflex seems to be truly rooted within me now. I always thought wine would somehow taste 'better' than beer because it has a more pleasant colour lol. Actually, it was cheap wine I brought, £5. Though some say there's not much difference between cheap and expensive wine but what do I know.

Anyway I'm curious about seeing what the big fuss is with hardcore drugs now...
     Reply #10 - March 06, 2017, 06:05 PM

There is big difference between cheap and expensive wine. There is also difference between one type of wine and another. I think someone told me the "sour" taste I dislike is described as how "dry" the wine is. But I could be wrong.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #11 - March 10, 2017, 04:34 PM

To me wine smells like vinegar and it doesn't taste much better. Beer stinks and tastes awful. Champagne smells alright but it tasted bitter. I've only ever tried non alcoholic cider. I drink pear Kopparberg and it tastes like pear drops. If the real stuff is that nice I'd give it a go. I think I like sweet things more, as in I don't want the taste of alcohol. Its like when I drink coffee, its a mocha or a latte with a syrup. Always sweet.

So far I have decided to not drink, but if something tasted good I'd go for it.
     Reply #12 - March 14, 2017, 09:09 PM

It sounds like the wine had gone off, you should try tasting excellent wines. Jack daniels is also not a good choice. Penderryn?

I went to a university wine tasting session, they are around.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #13 - March 14, 2017, 09:09 PM

Had a superb Madeira, took me back to my childhood and great aunts allowing me a sip :-)

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #14 - March 17, 2017, 02:55 PM

loooooooool ward end me and you are similar in soooo many ways

i never tried drinking and i never fancied it (although where i live it is easily accessible )

never tried smoking nor shisha but i do fancy shisha from time to time

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »