Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Test your faith

(Read 1479 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Test your faith
     OP - February 26, 2017, 08:56 PM

You are in a car with your seriously injured child and you have no phone.
    To your left, one mile away, is a faith healer renowned for curing many people.
    To your right, also a mile away is a hospital.
    Which way do you turn, left or right?
  • Test your faith
     Reply #1 - February 27, 2017, 07:56 AM

The hospital as faith healing as never been demonstrated in a control test environment so the renowned you hear about is hearsay with no basis. Only fringe fanatics would pick a faith healers over doctors.
  • Test your faith
     Reply #2 - February 27, 2017, 11:43 AM

Oh this seems like a good chance to talk about the one situation of something seemingly supernatural happening to me where this guy who my parents believed was an angel claimed to be a doctor. We were on our way home from who knows where and got off on one of the highway exits (exit 8 I-270 northbound, rockville--if you want a map to help you visualize it) and there was a car that had run off the road into a metal fence. There was a little kid in the car who had flown through the windshield. He looked pretty badly hurt. Then this guy in a nice suit walks out of the Kings Farm area and says he's a doctor and he can help.

Now, here's the problem. The Kings Farm area, if you look at it now, has tons of houses and businesses. But back then, it was still a farm owned by a Mr. Kings. That means this guy walked out of about half a kilometer/0.3 miles of cornfield if he was walking through the short way; it'd be about 1.6 km the long way. So my parents, naturally, asked him where he had come FROM, since that's a long way to be walking through a cornfield for no reason. He said he was a doctor and was walking home from the hospital. Next problem: the hospital (Shady Grove Adventist Hospital) is 2 miles/3.2 km in the other direction. He would have had to have walked along Shady Grove Road, since the other way would have had him walking across a 12 lane highway. And like I said, there were no houses back then, just corn. So he would have had to have walked 2 miles down Shady Grove, then for no reason taken a 1/3 mile detour through a cornfield, heading towards nowhere in particular, in a suit that wasn't dirty or sweaty.

I'm still confused by that one.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »