Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Question to muslims
Today at 09:41 AM

Grooming of young white g...
Today at 03:22 AM

What music are you listen...
Today at 01:46 AM

London attack :(
by Nowt
Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Expanding universe?!
Yesterday at 02:36 PM

Are you an ex muslim?
Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Lack of morals!!! Contrad...
Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Left home and religion
Yesterday at 08:28 AM

High impact attacks, why?
Yesterday at 08:23 AM

Are blowjobs halal?
Yesterday at 07:59 AM

lets live life one Quote ...
Yesterday at 07:21 AM

Quran- Verse 51:47 Expand...
Yesterday at 06:16 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Love and compassion

(Read 1875 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Love and compassion
     OP - February 16, 2017, 08:45 AM

The prophet’s heart would be shaken to its very foundations if he saw a distressed bird that lost its babies. A wounded animal, a hungry animal, a sick animal , insects burnt, water being polluted moved his heart, too, and stirred his compassion, yet on his shoulder he onus of imparting God’s message to the whole of the world. How great is such a prophet!

How miraculous is this prophet!

He is the message of heavens to the earth, the message of mercy, the exemplary to be followed. God says in the Holy Quran what means; “you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much. (21)

Prophet Muhammad called not to kill even a frog and he said, “Its croaking is tasbeeh (praising God).” Always with this litany was capped his words” Those who are not merciful will not find mercy( on the part of God).”

Such is his mercy that inspired his followers such as Um’ar ibn Al-Kahtab to the extent that he, too, was so worried if an animal was stumbled in the far east or west and feared that he would be held responsible for it before his Lord; he says” I fear that If an animal is stumbled in the far east or west that I will be held accountable before my Lord on the Day of Judgment.”

This is Mohammed, who rebuked the tyrannies of his times including emperors, notwithstanding he would be moved for a bird that lost its babies.

It is narrated that someone took two chicks of a bird (hamra), which came in panic searching for its chicks. Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him and his house) then asked, “Who has distressed it by taking its chicks?” Then he asked them to return the chicks.

Perhaps people lavish animals with their care because of their beauty unmindful of their being entities created by God, The case is different in Islam. The following Hadith lays credence to this fact. It is narrated that the prophet once passed by a burned out anthill. When the Prophet saw it he asked, “Who has burned it?” When he was informed of who had done it, he said, “Only the Lord of Fire has the right to punish with fire.” Is there any beauty in ants?!

His mercy was not only confined to caring about animals but it goes even more, Seeing a hungry animal would move his heart so much to the extent that he would go to its owner rebuking him for not feeding his animal.

Once the Prophet passed by a camel that was so emaciated its back was one with its abdomen. Upon that, the Prophet said, “Fear Allah with regard to livestock. Ride them in a fitting way and eat them when they are in good condition.”

In his heart, everything has a portion, the distressed among people would go to him to ease their hearts even the distressed animals would do the same thing. He once entered the garden of man from the Ansar (Muslims of Madinah) and there was a camel. When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) saw the camel it froze and its eyes started watering. Then the Prophet of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) came to it and rubbed its ears so it calmed down. Then the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) said, “Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?” A young man from the Ansar told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house),”O Messenger of Allah, it belongs to me.” Then he told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house), “Do you not fear Allah with regard to this beast which Allah has let you own? It complained to me that you starve it and tire it by overworking it and using it beyond its capacity.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaClr9qEOAI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Bx80d-eSU
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #1 - February 23, 2017, 07:13 AM

The prophet was so emphatic on feeding animals; feeding animals or helping them to drink may remit your sins regardless of what great they are. Planting a tree that a wild bird may eat from will surely bring you may rewards. Starving an animal to death will be mete out with hell. There are many Hadiths in this regard, it should be noted here that the prophet is not expressing his personal opinion, his words are minute understanding of God’s word to him- The Holy Quran.

The Prophet said, “If any Muslim plants any plant and a human being or an animal eats of it, he will be rewarded as if he had given that much in charity.” – (Al-Bukhari)

The prophet, in order to urge people to feed helpless animals, says” there was a Jewish whore, who used to commit adultery, took it as craft. It happened that she passed by a well and, as she was thirsty, she came down to the well to quench her thirst. When she ascended to the brim of the well, she found a dog out of breath from the blunt of thirst.

“It must have been suffering exactly like me” she thought.

She took off her shoes and went down to the well and filled it with water and stretched her hand and quenched the dog’s thirst. When this whore died, she was let into heaven and her long series of sins were remitted because of just quenching the dog’s thirst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCh6WOni0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYhB8_GaRw
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #2 - February 23, 2017, 01:05 PM

Too bad he ordered the execution of men, women and children and allowed men to beat their wives, sisters, daughters. Too bad he either enslaved women or forced them to marry him, despite the fact that he had wiped out the entire tribe and family of said woman.

And so on, and so forth.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #3 - February 23, 2017, 01:17 PM

He's kinda like a sour patch kid, عليه الصلاة والسلام

He's sour, then he's sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV_u9EDE2Z8

"God will say, "O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Make me and my mother gods beside God?" Qur'an 5:116

"I told them clearly that I am a man...and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity." - Haile Selassie
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #4 - February 24, 2017, 02:40 PM

lol^

Hell is an absurd & wicked fiction. You're not a bad person for rejecting something that's cruel, irrational, unjust & lacks evidence. You have nothing to fear. Nothing to feel ashamed about. Enjoy your life. Do the best you can. Make yourself & others happy.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #5 - February 25, 2017, 02:37 AM

What sin did the Jewish whore commit? I don't get what she needs forgiveness for. Are we judging her by Judaism or Islam? Prostitution is legal in Israel.

I don't want to be good anymore. I want to be right.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #6 - February 25, 2017, 12:25 PM

the great Islam gave the woman her honorable value, all the Laws of in the world will not reach this high level

prophet Mohammad said:

1 - Women are the twin halves of men.
    2 - The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.
    3 - The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husband's property.
    4 - When a woman performeth the five times of prayer, and fasteth the month of Ramadan, and is chaste, and is not disobedient to her husband, then tell her to enter Paradise by whichever door she liketh.
    5 - Verily a great number of women are assembled near my family, complaining of their hubands; and those men who ill-treat their wives do not behave well. He is not of my way who teacheth a woman to stray.
    6 - Asma, daughter of Yazid, said, "Victuals were brought to Muhammad, and he put them before some of us women who were present, and said, 'Eat ye.' But notwithstanding we were hungry we said, 'We have no inclination.' Muhammad said, 'O woman! Do not mix hunger with lies.' "
    7 - Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.
    8 - Whoever befriendeth two girls till they come of age, will be in the next world along with me, like my two fingers joining each other.
    9 - Whoever befriendeth three daughters, or three sisters, and teacheth them manners, and is affectionate to them, till they come of age, may God apportion Paradise for him.
    10 - Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not bury her alive or scold her, or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise.
    11 - Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues? It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by her husband.
    12 - God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts.
    13 - Do not prevent your women from coming to the mosque.
    14 - The believers who show the most perfect faith are those who have the best disposition and the best of you are those who are best to their wives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ORuDtkAQY

\\\

Someone told me
    akay,

A question for you (sorry if I have asked before & forgotten your reply):

Some Islamophobes on this forum (and elsewhere) say Islam is suppressive towards women. Yet, it has been conclusively proven that 70% of all new converts to Islam both in the USA and in Europe are women. This would be indicative that it is not suppressive but highly solicitous of women.

What do you say to those critics who insist that Islam suppresses women in light of that fact?

If I read you correctly, you are saying that Islam provides spiritual comforts and dimensions that other religions/teachings do not. That it is more than religious teaching but includes lifestyle alteration and attitudes which is what appeals to women.

One things for sure, Islam's critics have no answer for why so many women convert to it despite all the allegations that it is a contrarian religion.

\\\\
    What were the rights of concubines?

The status was similar to that of wife. The children were exactly like the other children from the person’s legally wedded wife. They were to be given exactly the same rights as his other children. The children of the slave girl would inherit the property exactly as the other children. There was absolutely no difference amongst the children. And once any slave girl bore a child, she could not be sold to anybody else and thus became a permanent member of the household.

Then you will probably ask how is this any different from the modern days concept of a mistress/prostitution/adultery?

There is a huge difference between the slave girls of those times and the system of prostitution which is so prevalent as a disease in today’s society.

The slave girl was a social issue of the times, which if not solved by Islam would give rise to adultery and prostitution. In prostitution, the woman sells here services for a fee to anyone who is willing to pay. The slave girl was taken into a household as a full member.

In prostitution, the woman has sexual relationships with many men. The slave girl would have sexual relations only with the person she was given to; very similar to the husband-wife relationship, the only difference being that the wife came into the house through a marriage contract, and the slave girl was allotted to the person by the state.

Prostitution is a result of illegal lust, and is a huge sin in the eyes of Allah.

The allocation of slave girls was a issue of the times to envelope the woman taken as slaves in a war into the Islamic society. Prostitution and adultery do not have any responsibility attached to it. The man- woman have a one-off relationship and depart. The slave girls were a responsibility of the person, who spent on them, gave them a place to live, fed them, clothed them, and raised their children as his children.

The children from adultery and prostitution are regarded as born out of wedlock and grow up without the name and without the shadow of a father. The children of the slave girls were known as the children of the person, grew up with his other children, and had exactly the same rights and inheritance as the other offspring. The system of slave girls was accepted and respected by the Islamic society of the times. The slave girl was treated like his wife, and the children from these slave girls were treated like their children by society. No religion, no state, no moral society accepts and respects the institutions of prostitution and adultery. This is a disease of society and every moral society has tried to eradicate this disease with little success.

Despite this, it was not simply a case of forcing someone into having sex to satisfy your desires.

the Verse where Allah commands the Muslim men to not force their slave women into sex.

"Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until God gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which God has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is God, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them), (The Noble Quran, 24:33)"

Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married.

A slave woman with whom a man has intercourse is known as a sariyyah (concubine) from the word sirr, which means marriage.

This is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and this was done by the Prophets. Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) took Haajar as a concubine and she bore him Ismaa’eel (may peace be upon them all).

Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also did that, as did the Sahaabah, the righteous and the scholars. The scholars are unanimously agreed on that and it is not permissible for anyone to regard it as haraam or to forbid it. Whoever regards that as haraam is a sinner who is going against the consensus of the scholars.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”

[al-Nisa’ 4:3]
    What is meant by “or (slaves) that your right hands possess” is slave women whom you own.

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet (Muhammad)! Verily, We have made lawful to you your wives, to whom you have paid their Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), and those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses — whom Allaah has given to you, and the daughters of your ‘Amm (paternal uncles) and the daughters of your ‘Ammaat (paternal aunts) and the daughters of your Khaal (maternal uncles) and the daughters of your Khaalaat (maternal aunts) who migrated (from Makkah) with you, and a believing woman if she offers herself to the Prophet, and the Prophet wishes to marry her a privilege for you only, not for the (rest of) the believers. Indeed We know what We have enjoined upon them about their wives and those (slaves) whom their right hands possess, in order that there should be no difficulty on you. And Allaah is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:50]

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts from illegal sexual acts).

Except from their wives or the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess for (then) they are not blameworthy.

But whosoever seeks beyond that, then it is those who are trespassers”
    [al-Ma’aarij 70:29-31]

Al-Tabari said:

Allaah says, “And those who guard their chastity” i.e., protect their private parts from doing everything that Allaah has forbidden, but they are not to blame if they do not guard their chastity from their wives or from the female slaves whom their rights hands possess.

Tafseer al-Tabari, 29/84

Ibn Katheer said:

Taking a concubine as well as a wife is permissible according to the law of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him). Ibraaheem did that with Haajar, when he took her as a concubine when he was married to Saarah.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/383

And Ibn Katheer also said:

The phrase “and those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses — whom Allaah has given to you” [al-Ahzaab 33:50] means, it is permissible for you take concubines from among those whom you seized as war booty. He took possession of Safiyyah and Juwayriyah and he freed them and married them; he took possession of Rayhaanah bint Sham’oon al-Nadariyyah and Maariyah al-Qibtiyyah, the mother of his son Ibraaheem (peace be upon them both), and they were among his concubines, may Allaah be pleased with them both.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/500

The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is permissible.

Ibn Qudaamah said:

There is no dispute (among the scholars) that it is permissible to take concubines and to have intercourse with one's slave woman, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts from illegal sexual acts).

Except from their wives or the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess for (then) they are not blameworthy.”

[al-Ma’aarij 70:29-30]

Maariyah al-Qibtiyyah was the umm walad (a slave woman who bore her master a child) of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and she was the mother of Ibraaheem, the son of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), of whom he said, “Her son set her free.” Haajar, the mother of Isma’eel (peace be upon him), was the concubine of Ibraaheem the close friend (khaleel) of the Most Merciful (peace be upon him). ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) had a number of slave women who bore him children, to each of whom he left four hundred in his will. ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) had slave women who bore him children, as did many of the Sahaabah. ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn, al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad and Saalim ibn ‘Abd-Allaah were all born from slave mothers

Al-Mughni, 10/441

Al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Except from their wives or the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess for (then) they are not blameworthy.”

[al-Ma’aarij 70:29-30]

The Book of Allaah indicates that the sexual relationships that are permitted are only of two types, either marriage or those (women slaves) whom one’s right hand possesses.

Al-Umm, 5/43.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMugIylBfM
    \\\
    سألت عن الإسلام وهي تضحك فأسلمت وهي تبكي .-الشيخ ذاكر نايك
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfKA0b_GMI

• Love and compassion
     Reply #7 - February 25, 2017, 12:59 PM

To bad women are still inferior to men, and need to obey their fathers and husbands or get an ass whopping if not.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #8 - February 25, 2017, 09:30 PM

So, if one can have sex with a woman they have bought, how is that different from buying a prostitute? Still don't get why the Jewish prostitute would need forgiveness.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #9 - February 26, 2017, 08:01 PM

Sometimes I wonder if it's because if you buy a woman and have sex with her as a slave, the money goes to someone else (usually a man). You have indefinite control over her for just one sum of money, and you can do whatever you want and she has no freedom. Control. Control over her life, sexuality, reproductive organs in general, as well as financial control. When you buy a prostitute, usually the money goes to the woman and after intercourse it's over, bye. It gives the opportunity for too much freedom for the woman. Unless the prostitute is a slave under a pimp, a prostitute has far more opportunities both financial and other to live her life. That's why prostitution often was (the best) only option for women in the States when they started expanding towards west. They earned money and had a type of independence they could hardly earn in any other way. 

Free and independent women are scary and dangerous, especially for men who still dream about a romantic patriarchy that never existed for anyone besides a special group of men.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #10 - February 26, 2017, 09:35 PM

Well that is probably the whole issue. It's okay if a woman is working for a man but if she could work for herself where would we be?
    That's the entire premise behind the Christian Right in my country.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #11 - February 27, 2017, 06:30 AM

Torah and the Gospel

Punishment For Adultery

Leviticus 20:10 ESV / 16 helpful votes

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

John 8:3-11 ESV / 14 helpful votes

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” ...

1 John 3:15 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 8 helpful votes

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjqLFzv5Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piBNLeJCFjA
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #12 - February 27, 2017, 07:50 AM

I guess you do not bother to read what you cite. For example you cited Duet 22:22 as if it was 1 John 3:15. Did you even read John 8:3-11? Did you read the whole chapter? Jesus pointed out that no human has the ability to punish people for adultery as they themselves are sinful. More so he is pointing out the Pharisees, those that hold only to the law as the end all be all like yourself, are useless and lost. You own citation just refuted your point..... There is no emoticon for how hard I am laughing right now...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+3%3A15&version=ESV

Copy/paste hacks are hilarious as their own inability to analysis anything they link exposes them as the hacks. 
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #13 - March 01, 2017, 01:21 AM

This is hands down my favorite part of the Bible in regards to adultery and prostitution.

13 When Tamar was told, “Your father-in-law is on his way to Timnah to shear his sheep,” 14 she took off her widow’s clothes, covered herself with a veil to disguise herself, and then sat down at the entrance to Enaim, which is on the road to Timnah. For she saw that, though Shelah had now grown up, she had not been given to him as his wife.

15 When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had covered her face. 16 Not realizing that she was his daughter-in-law, he went over to her by the roadside and said, “Come now, let me sleep with you.”

“And what will you give me to sleep with you?” she asked.

17 “I’ll send you a young goat from my flock,” he said.

“Will you give me something as a pledge until you send it?” she asked.

18 He said, “What pledge should I give you?”

“Your seal and its cord, and the staff in your hand,” she answered. So he gave them to her and slept with her, and she became pregnant by him. 19 After she left, she took off her veil and put on her widow’s clothes again.

Genesis 38, when Judah was schooled.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #14 - March 02, 2017, 09:53 AM

Another story that the prophet narrated is a blood-curdling story for those who prevent animals from food; the prophet says” a woman entered the hell because she imprisoned a cat, she neither fed it nor did she set it free to eat.”

Burdening animals with that they could not bear also would move his heart, it should be noted that the prophet’s words concerning animals or whatever are not mere pieces of advice, the prophet’s words are rules and legislations that man should stand accountable for here in this life and the hereafter if he violates these rules.

It happened that he saw some people sitting on animals so he commented, “Keep them safe and sound when riding them and when leaving them, don’t use them as chairs for your side talks in the streets and markets. A ridden animal might be better than its rider and might remember and mention God more than its rider does.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAgqTlr_zGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QcPsKkqdLk
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #15 - March 02, 2017, 09:57 AM

تجربة تغليف الانجيل بالقرآن في نيويورك - (مترجم) ...
    فيديو عن تجربة تغليف القران بالانجيل
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff99yHW9Xzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX8K9ZfcI6I
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #16 - March 02, 2017, 09:24 PM

Akay, what are you trying to achieve? You are posting silly and stupid (and by stupid, I mean intellectually and academically they are an embarrassment). When you get response, you ignore it and continue spamming stuff nobody listens or reads. Do you know why we don't do it? Because you just have to glance through it and know that every single one of us have encountered the bs countless of times before.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #17 - March 03, 2017, 01:47 AM

I think he is trying to get into heaven by converting us. It's totally working on me. Since he started posting in here I have been consuming obscene quantities of honey and eyeing the corners I can stake as my own- Old Testament style. We haven't got any strays around here, so I suppose my kindness to animals will have to wait until I get the service dog. But yeah, I am all in. Totally influenced by akay. Making up my own Islam, where prostitution gets you into heaven and honey heals what ails you. My own little caliphate, right here in farm country.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #18 - March 03, 2017, 11:40 AM

Akay seems like a parody of Yeez as a Muslim. Does anyone else see this?
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #19 - March 04, 2017, 01:28 AM

That might account for why I feel kindly towards him.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #20 - March 05, 2017, 07:51 AM

I sure am glad that the prophet Muhammad was such a great guy towards animals, despite being heartless and cruel towards those who didn't believe in his epileptic seizure-based hallucinations (assuming we're taking the Hadiths to be factual), or who didn't want to fight in his wars, or who decided to stop believing in them. And women tended to get the shit end of the stick anyways, even if they were to be revered as mothers.

Jesus (assuming hypothetically that the New Testament was true) was a far better man than Muhammad (I was non-denominational Protestant after I left Islam but then I left that too).

Apologists are quite hilarious given how much mental gymnastics they perform regarding their own faith (excuses involving translation, context, scholars, the usual) yet when it comes to others they look at them objectively and judge the text by what it says directly.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #21 - March 08, 2017, 08:13 AM

It is a common misconception with some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force.
    The following points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.
    Islam has always given respect and freedom of religion to all faiths.  Freedom of religion is ordained in the Quran itself:
    “There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.  The right course has become clear from the wrong.”  (Quran 2:256)

The noted historian De Lacy O’Leary wrote:[1]  “History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.”
    The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book Heroes and Hero worship, refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: “The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one; in one man’s head alone.  There it dwells as yet.  One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men.  That he takes a sword and tries to propagate with that will do little for him.  You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can.”

If Islam was spread by the sword, it was the sword of intellect and convincing arguments.  It is this sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people.  The Quran says in this connection:
    “Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best.”  (Quran 16:125)
    The facts speak for themselves
    •      Indonesia is the country that has the largest number of Muslims in the world, and the majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims.  But, no Muslim army ever went to Indonesia or Malaysia.  It is an established historical fact that Indonesia entered Islam not due to war, but because of its moral

message.  Despite the disappearance of Islamic government from many regions once ruled by it, their original inhabitants have remained Muslims.  Moreover, they carried the message of truth, inviting others to it as well, and in so doing endured harm, affliction and oppression.  The same can be said for those in the regions of Syria and Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, North Africa, Asia, the Balkans and in Spain.  This shows that the effect of Islam on the population was one of moral conviction, in contrast to occupation by western colonialists, finally compelled to leave lands whose peoples held only memories of affliction, sorrow, subjugation and oppression.
    •      Muslims ruled Spain (Andalusia) for about 800 years.  During this period the Christians and Jews enjoyed freedom to practice their respective religions, and this is a documented historical fact.

•      Christian and Jewish minorities have survived in the Muslim lands of the Middle East for centuries.  Countries such as Egypt, Morocco, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan all have significant Christian and Jewish populations.
    •      Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years, and therefore had the power to force each and every non-Muslim of India to convert to Islam, but they did not, and thus more than 80% of the Indian population remains non-Muslim.
    •      Similarly, Islam spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa.  And likewise no Muslim army was ever dispatched to the East Coast of Africa.

•      An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, yearbook 1986, gives the statistics of the increase of the percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984.  This article also appeared in The Plain Truth magazine.  At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, while Christianity had increased by 47%.  During this fifty-year period, there was no “Islamic conquest” yet Islam spread at an extraordinary rate.
    •      Today the fastest growing religion in America and Europe is Islam.  The Muslims in these lands are a minority.  The only sword they have in their possession is the sword of truth.  It is this sword that is converting thousands to Islam.

•      Islamic law protects the privileged status of minorities, and that is why non-Muslim places of worship have flourished all over the Islamic world.  Islamic law also allows non-Muslim minorities to set up their own courts, which implement family laws drawn up by the minorities themselves.  The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether they are Muslims or not.
    Conclusion
    It is clear, therefore, that Islam did not spread by the sword.  The “sword of Islam” did not convert all the non-Muslim minorities in Muslim countries.  In India, where Muslims ruled for 800 years, they are still a minority.  In the U.S.A., Islam is the fastest growing religion and has over six million followers.
    In his book The World’s Religions, Huston Smith discusses how the prophet Muhammad granted freedom of religion to the Jews and Christians under Muslim rule:

The Prophet had a document drawn up in which he stipulated that Jews and Christians “shall be protected from all insults and harm; they shall have an equal right with our own people to our assistance and good offices,” and further, “they shall practice their religion as freely as the Muslims.”[2]
    Smith points out that Muslims regard that document as the first charter of freedom of conscience in human history and the authoritative model for those of every subsequent Muslim state.\\\\\\\\\\\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OpmjfA1wM

treatment of women
    "The most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman."
    - Prophet Muhammad

Literally, he rose to the high standards of leadership set by his own tradition: He was humble enough to listen to the complaints of his people and always hastened to meet their needs.

To the weakest among the people, he was compassionate, and considering the condition of women in those days, he was very responsive to their thoughts, feelings, and needs. He was particularly gentle, kind, and considerate toward them.

The Prophet always listened to women with consideration and compassion as he valued their views and opinions not only about affairs that specifically concerned them, but also about matters of wider significance.

It was because the Prophet gave such encouragement to women that there were well-known instances in early Muslim history of some of them freely speaking out for their rights.

Following the injunctions in the Qur'an, the Prophet gave women the right to education and freedom in matters related to marriage, divorce, and property rights.

"Women are your mothers, daughters, aunts."
    - Prophet Muhammad
    The Prophet described women as "the twin halves of men," which emphasized the idea that their role in society is complementary to that of men. He declared that "the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman."

He taught his followers that it is God's commandment to treat women with gentleness and affection because, he said, "they are your mothers, daughters, aunts."

Respecting Mothers
    The Prophet said, "Paradise lies beneath the feet of mothers" (Ahmad).

- Lady Aishah
    Once a man came to Prophet Muhammad and asked, "O Messenger of God, which person of all the people is best entitled to kind treatment and good companionship from me?" He answered, "Your mother." The man asked, "And then?" He said, "Your mother."
    The man asked again, "And after her?" He said, "Your mother." The man asked for a fourth time, "And after her?" The Prophet said, "Your father" (Al-Bukhari).

The Perfect Husband

The Prophet was a perfect model for humankind in every aspect of our life. He was the kindest husband and the most loving and caring partner to his wives.
    "The best among you is the one who is best toward his wife"

We should remember that those were the days when women were treated like slaves and were punished for the silliest mistakes. The Prophet stopped all that and gave women the rights equal to those of men.

For instance, Islam gave a wife the right to acquire and possess wealth and keep it for herself, and she had no responsibility to share the family expenses with her husband. And the husband had no legal right to any of her belongings.

The Prophet's mercy toward women was not surprising, because Almighty God had appointed him as a mercy for the whole of creation.

The Prophet said that the best charity (in Arabic: sadaqah) is that spent on one's wife: forgiveness in the case of disagreement, good manners, sweet words, a smiling face, a pleasing playfulness, and an amusing mien are but some facets of this "charity."

The Prophet said, "The world is delightful, and its greatest treasure is a good woman" (Muslim).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWbPSRw8rA

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Muslims believe in all of the Prophets of Allah, peace and blessings be upon them, without making any distinction between them.

Allah said:

قُولُوا آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْنَا وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالْأَسْبَاطِ وَمَا أُوتِيَ مُوسَىٰ وَعِيسَىٰ وَمَا أُوتِيَ النَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لَا نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ

Say: We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims in submission to Him.

Surah Al-Baqarah 2:136

This means the Muslims believe in all of them without saying one prophet is better than another.

Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا تُخَيِّرُوا بَيْنَ الْأَنْبِيَاءِ

Do not make the prophets better than one another.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 2281, Grade: Sahih

This is the general rule regarding our attitude towards the Prophets and Messengers, and our Prophet specifically forbade us from saying that he is better than some other prophets.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا يَنْبَغِي لِعَبْدٍ أَنْ يَقُولَ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ مَتَّى

No servant should say that I am better than Jonah son of Mata.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 3234, Grade: Sahih

In this narration, the Messenger of Allah has forbidden us from claiming that he is superior to the Prophet Jonah (Yunus), upon him be peace. In another narration, the Prophet forbade us from saying this in even stronger terms:

وَمَنْ قَالَ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ مَتَّى فَقَدْ كَذَبَ

Whoever says that I am better than Jonah son of Mata has told a lie.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi, 3245 Grade: Sahih

We should believe in the exalted status of the prophets in general, although it is true that Allah has honored some prophets with blessings not given to other prophets.

Allah said:

تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ

Some of the Messengers we favored over others.

Surah Al-Baqarah 2:253

Abraham, upon him be peace, will be the first to be clothed on the Day of Resurrection.

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

وَأَوَّلُ مَنْ يُكْسَى يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِبْرَاهِيمُ

The first to be clothed on the Day of Resurrection will be Abraham.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 3171, Grade: Sahih

Jonah, upon him be peace, was the only prophet whose entire people embraced Islam. Allah said:

فَلَوْلَا كَانَتْ قَرْيَةٌ آمَنَتْ فَنَفَعَهَا إِيمَانُهَا إِلَّا قَوْمَ يُونُسَ لَمَّا آمَنُوا كَشَفْنَا عَنْهُمْ عَذَابَ الْخِزْيِ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَمَتَّعْنَاهُمْ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ

Has there not been a single city that believed so its faith benefited them except for the people of Jonah? When they believed, We removed from them the punishment of disgrace in worldly life and gave them enjoyment for a time.

Surah Yunus 10:98

Solomon, upon him be peace, was given an earthly kingdom unlike any prophet or ruler who came after him.

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

وَسَأَلَ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ مُلْكًا لَا يَنْبَغِي لِأَحَدٍ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ فَأُوتِيَهُ

Solomon asked Allah the Exalted for a kingdom that none after him would have, and he was given.

Source: Sunan An-Nasa’i 693, Grade: Sahih

Moses, upon him be peace, was given the honor of speaking with Allah directly.

Allah said:

وَكَلَّمَ اللَّهُ مُوسَىٰ تَكْلِيمًا

Allah spoke to Moses directly.

Surah An-Nisa 4:164

Jesus and his mother Mary, peace and blessings be upon them both, were honored with being protected from Satan at the time of birth, although all other people are touched by Satan.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

كُلُّ بَنِي آدَمَ يَمَسُّهُ الشَّيْطَانُ يَوْمَ وَلَدَتْهُ أُمُّهُ إِلَّا مَرْيَمَ وَابْنَهَا

Satan touches every son of Adam on the day his mother gives birth to him, except for Mary and her son.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2366, Grade: Sahih

These examples demonstrate that some prophets were given unique honors, but this does not allow Muslims to claim one prophet is better than another. Rather, the Messenger of Allah specifically prohibited Muslims from arguing with the Jews and Christians about whose prophet is better.

Abu Huraira reported: Two people, one Jewish and the other Muslim, fell into dispute and began to abuse one another. The Muslim said, “By Him Who chose Muhammad in the worlds!” The Jew said, “By Him Who chose Moses in the worlds!” Then the Muslim slapped the Jew on his face. The Jew went to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and told him about the incident, so the Prophet said:

لَا تُخَيِّرُونِي عَلَى مُوسَى فَإِنَّ النَّاسَ يَصْعَقُونَ فَأَكُونُ أَوَّلَ مَنْ يُفِيقُ فَإِذَا مُوسَى بَاطِشٌ بِجَانِبِ الْعَرْشِ فَلَا أَدْرِي أَكَانَ فِيمَنْ صَعِقَ فَأَفَاقَ قَبْلِي أَمْ كَانَ مِمَّنْ اسْتَثْنَى اللَّهُ

Do not say I am better than Moses for mankind will faint on the Day of Judgment and I will be the first to recover, and Moses at that time will be holding the side of the Throne. I do not know if he would faint and recover before me, or if Allah will make an exception for him.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2373, Grade: Sahih

Despite the Messenger of Allah’s multiple commands to make no distinction among the prophets, some Muslims have given him the title “best of creation” (khayr al-barriyah). They cite as evidence the unique honors bestowed upon our Prophet, such as his leadership on the Day of Resurrection and his intercession.

أَنَا سَيِّدُ وَلَدِ آدَمَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَأَوَّلُ مَنْ يَنْشَقُّ عَنْهُ الْقَبْرُ وَأَوَّلُ شَافِعٍ وَأَوَّلُ مُشَفَّعٍ

I will be the leader of the children of Adam on the Day of Resurrection, and I will be the first intercessor and the first whose intercession will be accepted.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2278, Grade: Sahih

This is a great honor for our Prophet, but it was not the intention of the Messenger of Allah to bestow the title “best of creation” upon himself. In fact, the Messenger of Allah rejected the title “best of creation” for himself. Rather, he gave this title to his father Abraham, upon him be peace.

Anas ibn Malik reported: A person came to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and said, “O best of creation!” So the Prophet said:

ذَاكَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام

That is Abraham, upon him be peace.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2369, Grade: Sahih

By giving this special title to Abraham and rejecting it for himself, the Messenger of Allah showed his great humility and his love for his father Abraham. It may also have been meant to prevent bickering among the Muslims and the Jews and Christians, since all three religions have respect for Abraham.

Nevertheless, we have been warned about exaggerating the status of the Messenger of Allah.

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا تُطْرُونِي كَمَا أَطْرَتْ النَّصَارَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ فَإِنَّمَا أَنَا عَبْدُهُ فَقُولُوا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولُهُ

Do not exalt me as the Christians have exalted the son of Mary. I am but a servant, so call me the servant of Allah and His messenger.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 3261, Grade: Sahih

Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Muhammad! O master son of our master! O best of us son of the best of us!” So the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ عَلَيْكُمْ بِتَقْوَاكُمْ وَلَا يَسْتَهْوِيَنَّكُمْ الشَّيْطَانُ أَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولُهُ وَاللَّهِ مَا أُحِبُّ أَنْ تَرْفَعُونِي فَوْقَ مَنْزِلَتِي الَّتِي أَنْزَلَنِي اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ

O people, say what you must say but do not allow Satan to deceive you. I am Muhammad the son of Abdullah, the servant of Allah and His Messenger. By Allah, I do not love that you raise my status above what Allah the Exalted has granted me.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 12141, Grade: Sahih

Therefore, the safest course of action is to refer to the Messenger of Allah as the “servant of Allah” and “His Messenger” without adding any exaggerated titles to this.

In conclusion, Muslims make no distinctions between the prophets, peace be upon them all. We believe in all of them without favoring one over another. The Messenger of Allah commanded us not to say one prophet is better than another, or to argue with the Jews and Christians about this matter. Likewise, we have been warned not to exaggerate our praises of the Messenger of Allah.

Success comes from Allah, and Allah knows best.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOBvyF_0HI
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #22 - March 08, 2017, 08:13 AM

خلق الازواج كلها للدكتور ذاكر نايك مقطع رائع
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXGqjXqgJP4

بصمة الاصابع - القرآن الكريم والعلم الحديث - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx6OU_fL_pk

ملحد يسأل دكتور ذاكر نايك ثم يعتنق الاسلام بعد الاجابة Atheist And dr Zakir Naik
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSC8Mu1mHRE

مولاي صلي وسلم دائما ابدا _ماهر زين انجليزي
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZa65zrNqIw

• Love and compassion
     Reply #23 - March 08, 2017, 08:14 AM

Cheesy it never ends
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #24 - March 08, 2017, 02:22 PM

ban this crazy dude

hes clearly a muslim zombie
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #25 - March 08, 2017, 04:38 PM

He is just a copy/paste drone.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #26 - March 08, 2017, 07:51 PM

He comes across as a caricature of a muslim. i'm not entirely sure he is one though
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #27 - March 08, 2017, 11:07 PM

He is just copying apologetics from websites to the forum. I've seen it a lot over my years here and it is very typical. However at least most people attempt to engage the people here at some point.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #28 - March 09, 2017, 06:12 AM

non-Muslims said about muhammad peace be upon him
    Mahatma Gandhi
    I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind… I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.

Alphonse de LaMartaine
    If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astonishing results are the three criteria of a human genius, who could dare compare any great man in history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws, and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples, dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and the souls.

Michael Hart
    My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world’s most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the secular and religious level.
    …It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. .
    ..It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history.

Rodwell
    Mohammad’s career is a wonderful instance of the force and life that resides in him who possesses an intense faith in God and in the unseen world. He will always be regarded as one of those who have had that influence over the faith, morals and whole earthly life of their fellow men, which none but a really great man ever did, or can exercise; and whose efforts to propagate a great verity will prosper.

W. Montgomery Watt
    His readiness to undergo persecution for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as a leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems that it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad…
    Thus, not merely must we credit Muhammad with essential honesty and integrity of purpose, if we are to understand him at all; if we are to correct the errors we have inherited from the past, we must not forget the conclusive proof is a much stricter requirement than a show of plausibility, and in a matter such as this only to be attained with difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lga03OHRWNg
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #29 - March 09, 2017, 10:00 AM

Deedat and Dr Zakir are the biggest liars
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXYx5fNICy0
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »