Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi everyone

(Read 5738 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi everyone
     OP - February 10, 2017, 03:03 AM

Hi everyone !
    Firstly I want to apologise for my bad English.
    I'm from Bosnia & Herzegovina. I'm coming from Bosnian muslim background. I'm 21 years old and I became Agnostic Atheist three years ago.Forunately most people don't give a shi.t for religion so I didn't have any problems.I've never been religious person and fortunately my parents also are not religous. My brother is Agnostic too and my sister is Deist ( she says that she believes in god but she doesn't believe in religons ). I have a few friends who are atheists or agnostics and who are religous and they are open minded too. I'm sad when I see what is happening with non believers in muslim countries and I hope you'll be at safe place. I wish you all the best.
    Probably you're asking yourself what I'm doing here Wink , well, As a student of history, I would like to meet some new internet friends and I like to know more about their country, culture, society, religon, politics and etc.. I'm really interested into that. If you also wanna know more about me and my country ask me freely.

P.S. I wanna apologise again for my english. I can't express myself very well in English.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #1 - February 10, 2017, 03:19 AM

I think you did a fantastic job of expressing yourself in English. Welcome! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #2 - February 10, 2017, 03:55 AM

Thanks Smiley
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #3 - February 10, 2017, 06:11 PM

Welcome  parrot
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #4 - March 01, 2017, 10:07 AM

Are there many exmuslims in Bosnia
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #5 - March 17, 2017, 03:35 PM

hello

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #6 - April 06, 2017, 12:53 AM

Welcome  parrot

I would like to have asked about a gazillion questions about the current situation regarding Islam and Islamism in Bosnia-Herzegovina, but not hanging out here 24x7 anymore obviously has its costs...  Roll Eyes

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #7 - April 07, 2017, 10:19 PM

Are there many exmuslims in Bosnia

Yeah, but it's not such big thing over here
    Bosnia is divided country, there are muslims, orthodox christians and catholics. Religion is some part of identity. Many people think atheists are communist beacuse Bosnia was the part of Yugoslavia.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #8 - April 08, 2017, 12:02 AM

Welcome  parrot

I would like to have asked about a gazillion questions about the current situation regarding Islam and Islamism in Bosnia-Herzegovina, but not hanging out here 24x7 anymore obviously has its costs...  Roll Eyes

Well  current situation is not bad. There are two or three villages with population who follow wahabi islam but in cities it's very rare. State controls them and there's no many problems fortunately. The most people are not religious and  about 90 % of women don't wear hijab. According to census the most atheists and agnostics live where majority of people are Bosniaks, which means the most of them have muslim background. So it means that Bosniaks are the most secular ethnic group in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #9 - April 08, 2017, 07:16 AM

Welcome! Your English is good, and your story sounds interesting  Afro
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #10 - April 08, 2017, 03:31 PM

Welcome! Your English is good, and your story sounds interesting  Afro

Thanks Smiley
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #11 - April 09, 2017, 07:48 PM

parrot  bunny
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #12 - April 10, 2017, 01:10 AM

Hello Parmenion,  parrot  bunny
    But we have seen some of the worst ethnic conflicts in recent history in Bosnia & Herzegovina. Wouldn’t irreligiousness be seen as 'traitorous' to your people, you culture, your history? Or is it because people don’t hold a grudge against the communist regime anymore?
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #13 - April 10, 2017, 01:28 PM

Yeah, there was the bloody conflict during the 90's, but most people in Bosnia (and other Ex-Yugoslavia countries) have pozitive opinion on life in Ex-Yugoslavia. But nowadays there is still animosity between ethnic group in Ex-Yugoslavia. It's not huge as for example conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but unfortunately there is still animosity. It's not such traitorous, but if you're Bosniak, people expect that you're muslim, if you're Serb-orthodox christian, if you're Croat-catholic. Then if you're an Atheist people expect you're communist Cheesy , which is wrong. It's not fine to not believe in god like in western Europe, but definitely It's not bad like in the middle east at all.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #14 - April 10, 2017, 01:56 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #15 - April 12, 2017, 02:41 PM

Yeah, there was the bloody conflict during the 90's, but most people in Bosnia (and other Ex-Yugoslavia countries) have pozitive opinion on life in Ex-Yugoslavia. But nowadays there is still animosity between ethnic group in Ex-Yugoslavia. It's not huge as for example conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but unfortunately there is still animosity. It's not such traitorous, but if you're Bosniak, people expect that you're muslim, if you're Serb-orthodox christian, if you're Croat-catholic. Then if you're an Atheist people expect you're communist Cheesy , which is wrong. It's not fine to not believe in god like in western Europe, but definitely It's not bad like in the middle east at all.

stupid ppl need to but ppl in boxes to understand them better

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #16 - April 16, 2017, 03:28 PM

Welcome my Bosian friend  parrot
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #17 - July 11, 2017, 01:34 AM

Hi and Welcome....

I'm an ex Muslim Pakistani Girl from the UK....lived in England all my life

If you have any questions do inbox me... Smiley
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #18 - July 12, 2017, 05:36 PM

Thanks Smiley