Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islam and Food

(Read 2540 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islam and Food
     OP - January 21, 2017, 01:35 PM

** Why some of the food is forbidden in ISLAM

Islam is a religion who forbidden to eat certain foods that are considered to be good for the body, according to scientists. But basically Islam forbids most of those foods, which is not dreadful for our health. If God create the whole creature of the world, as stated in Islam, why he banned some animal and some not. Why do these differences between the creatures?Huh??

I am turning to atheism and abandoning the religious ways of my parent in response to radical Islam and extremism, as those ideologies inspire atrocious acts against others, including other Muslims. I seek better life where religion does not trespass into my private lives.
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #1 - January 21, 2017, 07:04 PM

** Why some of the food is forbidden in ISLAM

Islam is a religion who forbidden to eat certain foods that are considered to be good for the body, according to scientists. But basically Islam forbids most of those foods, which is not dreadful for our health.

If God create the whole creature of the world, as stated in Islam, why he banned some animal and some not. Why do these differences between the creatures?Huh??

Hellooo  Amin   I question your conclusions  on Islam the faith.,

What food the rules of Islam forbid  that is not forbidden in other faiths which  were present before the birth of Islam?  List me names some foods that are forbidden in Islam  please..

Frankly speaking Islam has forbidden nothing and it produced NOTHING NEW,  NO NEW  RULES FOR HUMAN SOCIETY ... I mean new  rules on anything ...  be it   economic, be it political, be it religious, be it family rules  ..and..and that includes even this

EVERYTHING IS COPY PASTED INTO ISLAM  ..good stuff as well as bad stuff.,   The  only  difference between  Islam  and other faith  followers is .,  Majority of Muslims appears to be  lot stricter following their faith rules than the followers of other faiths

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Islam and Food
     Reply #2 - January 22, 2017, 01:53 AM

Islam has a lot of ridiculous bans, but I fail to see how pork is good for your health. I have no use for it; it is full of fat and ridiculously greasy. The same goes for alcohol; very bad for your health and since late last year, I  only drink it every 3-4 months, if that. There are so many things that cause potential health risks these days, I have no use for consuming the ones that I didn't used to consume just because everyone else is doing it.

That's the only thing that I am grateful to Islam for, to be honest.
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #3 - January 22, 2017, 07:45 PM

I don't eat pork. Nor does the kiddo. Maybe I'll eat something like once every 6 months. Like last time I ate pork was when I was at a restaurant and had a pizza with salami Milano. Their only non-pork alternatives were not to my taste, so I was basically "forced". The thing is that I don't like making my life difficult because of some stupid restrictions. That's why I had my rebellious phase and wanted to force myself to do all the harami stuff I had avoided because I was afraid of Allah. Then I grew up, emotionally, and went on with my life. I'll still call myself a non-practicing, really not believing, Muslim, and if someone has anything to say about that they can fakk off.  Smiley

But I do drink alcohol without restriction and commit zina without a regret in the world. It's something about the pork that just makes it extra haram for anyone to process Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #4 - January 25, 2017, 12:44 AM

1 Meat from swine - pork, ham, gammon, bacon, etc

2. Pork-based products and by-products - sausages, gelatine etc

3. Animals improperly slaughtered, or already dead before slaughtering is due to take place

4. Animals killed in the name of anyone other than Allah.

5. Intoxicants

6. Most carnivorous animals, birds of prey and land animals without external ears (i.e., snakes, reptiles, worms, insects etc.)

7. Blood and blood by-products

8. Foods contaminated with any of the above products

Haraam - Angler See: Goosefishes

Haraam - Basa (Pangasius bocourti)

Haraam - Beluga See: Sturgeons

Haraam - Billfishes (Family Istiophoridae). Including fishes (Istiophorus species); Marlins and speishes (Tetrapterus species, Makaira species).

Haraam - Blowfish See: Puffers

Haraam - Bullhead See: Catfishes

Haraam - Burbot See: Freshwater Cod

Haraam - Cabezon See: Sculpins

Haraam - Catfishes (Order Siluriformes). Including: Channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus); Basa (Pangasius bocourti, Tra (Pangasius hypophthalmus)

Haraam - Cutlassfishes (Family Trichiuridae) including: Cutlassfishes (Trichiurus species) Scabbardfishes (Lepidopus species)

Haraam - Dogfish See: Bowfin, Sharks

I am turning to atheism and abandoning the religious ways of my parent in response to radical Islam and extremism, as those ideologies inspire atrocious acts against others, including other Muslims. I seek better life where religion does not trespass into my private lives.
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #5 - January 26, 2017, 01:24 PM

I don't eat pork. Nor does the kiddo. Maybe I'll eat something like once every 6 months. Like last time I ate pork was when I was at a restaurant and had a pizza with salami Milano. Their only non-pork alternatives were not to my taste, so I was basically "forced". The thing is that I don't like making my life difficult because of some stupid restrictions. That's why I had my rebellious phase and wanted to force myself to do all the harami stuff I had avoided because I was afraid of Allah. Then I grew up, emotionally, and went on with my life. I'll still call myself a non-practicing, really not believing, Muslim, and if someone has anything to say about that they can fakk off.  Smiley

But I do drink alcohol without restriction and commit zina without a regret in the world. It's something about the pork that just makes it extra haram for anyone to process Grin

I had pork a couple of times for the sake of rebelling but it was way overrated. I have gone back to my pescetarian diet  Smiley

Alcohol can be fun, so I don't cut it out completely. But since I already grew up eating pork and it's no good for ones health anyway, I don't see the need. There are better ways to defy Allah's laws such as zina (as you mentioned) and blasphemy.
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #6 - January 26, 2017, 01:24 PM

1 Meat from swine - pork, ham, gammon, bacon, etc

2. Pork-based products and by-products - sausages, gelatine etc

3. Animals improperly slaughtered, or already dead before slaughtering is due to take place

4. Animals killed in the name of anyone other than Allah.

5. Intoxicants

6. Most carnivorous animals, birds of prey and land animals without external ears (i.e., snakes, reptiles, worms, insects etc.)

7. Blood and blood by-products

8. Foods contaminated with any of the above products

Haraam - Angler See: Goosefishes

Haraam - Basa (Pangasius bocourti)

Haraam - Beluga See: Sturgeons

Haraam - Billfishes (Family Istiophoridae). Including fishes (Istiophorus species); Marlins and speishes (Tetrapterus species, Makaira species).

Haraam - Blowfish See: Puffers

Haraam - Bullhead See: Catfishes

Haraam - Burbot See: Freshwater Cod

Haraam - Cabezon See: Sculpins

Haraam - Catfishes (Order Siluriformes). Including: Channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus); Basa (Pangasius bocourti, Tra (Pangasius hypophthalmus)

Haraam - Cutlassfishes (Family Trichiuridae) including: Cutlassfishes (Trichiurus species) Scabbardfishes (Lepidopus species)

Haraam - Dogfish See: Bowfin, Sharks

But which of these are actually good for your health?
  • Islam and Food
     Reply #7 - January 26, 2017, 07:51 PM

dear A_GD.,   All foods I  see in that Amin's list  are good  as long as you eat responsibly  but when you start eating  irresponsibly every food is bad....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Islam and Food
     Reply #8 - January 30, 2017, 01:40 AM

Dear A_GD,
    YEEZEVEE is absolutely right. Any food of the world if you eat irresponsibly then its turn out wrong. For example poor dieting system. 

• Islam and Food
     Reply #9 - January 30, 2017, 02:52 AM

Sturgeon eggs are good for your health. So is beluga. So is the meat of bullhead-which around here taste really good. I do like catfish if it is done right, but have heard criticisms about how healthy it is.
    I haven't eaten the rest of the list, but I think pork is a decent source of protein, especially if you need your meat to be priced affordably.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »