Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Question

(Read 1826 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Question
     OP - January 04, 2017, 12:25 PM

about doing bad thing like killing. If there is no religion,can we know whether killing is a bad thing to do?

Thanks.

Weirdo and introvert.
  • Question
     Reply #1 - January 04, 2017, 12:32 PM

about doing bad thing like killing. If there is no religion,can we know whether killing is a bad thing to do?

Thanks.

Hello miss_m  ..killing what? Killing who?? and KILLING FOR WHAT?

Yes ...  The answer is clearly Biiiiig  "yes" ..if ..if (Biiiiiiig  IF ) the human being/s is well educated with his/her origins  and understands origins of life on the planet earth  and understands how he/she evolved form where and what.... 

I can answer as  "yes"  for such people

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Question
     Reply #2 - January 04, 2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks.

Of course. Ethics is not a religious concept
  • Question
     Reply #3 - January 04, 2017, 11:43 PM

My kids knew instinctively what was wrong and right when they were just learning to walk. They didn't even talk, much less understand god or religion. People are born with morals. We are social creatures, we live in groups. It only makes sense that we would understand and have instinctive social rules so that our groups can get along and we as a species can survive.
    Religion does not teach that. Religion often teaches the opposite: your parents can beat you, your husband can kill you, your kids are your possessions. These sort of distorted beliefs are damaging to societies and individuals. There are many good things being taught by religion, but those things are also taught in kindergarten.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Question
     Reply #4 - January 05, 2017, 01:08 AM

I can't help notice the phrasing of your question. You didn't ask why is killing wrong, but how can we know it's wrong without religion. Are you asking why we have ideas of right and wrong or something else? Can you explain how religion fits in with it?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Question
     Reply #5 - January 09, 2017, 02:08 AM

Because I had an argument with my friend,she said if there is no religion,we will become immoral. And yeah the ideas of killing too bugging me.not sure this is about religion or philosophy thingy.I know that is not right and i just dont know how to answer that. Now i have the answer here.

Weirdo and introvert.
  • Question
     Reply #6 - January 09, 2017, 02:47 AM

killing is a bad thing to do?

Morals and ethics have nothing to do with religion.There is nothing like absolutely morality.Morality is relative concept.
    But as a human society we have set some norms, and killing is evil for us. But again there is nothing like evil.
    we as humans, set our own rules and norms, we don't need old text books to teach us living codes.Killing people have bad consequences, you might face jail or death punishment.
    But I admire religions, they helped build societies on some level of moralities,But at the same time condemning sex is very damaging for any individual. So religions do have merits and demerits.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • Question
     Reply #7 - January 11, 2017, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Do you guys believe in ghost? I had experience with ghost/spirit/genie before. If you are an atheist,do you believe this is just a science thing or what? If you believe in ghost,why cant you believe in god? Or maybe you think god is the same level as ghost/spirit/genie?

I had a discussion with my atheist friend(im agnostic)
    He said its a science thing and maybe it was just an illusion. I dont think it was an illusion.

If you had experience with ghost,can share with me.

Weirdo and introvert.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »