Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: awakened new member hello every one

(Read 5705 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • awakened new member hello every one
     OP - December 21, 2016, 06:56 PM

Hello guys  Smiley
        I been thinking of posting for a while now.
        Am female late twenties , living in middle east , started to lose faith in Islam due to domestic violence (unhelpful police and court due to Islamic reasons ) and in general huge disappointment in humanity in my surrounding (my main argument would be if it is a really good faith why people here are so violent , ego , proud and lack compassion ). Huh?
       It is a very long story, am on the run due to domestic violence, yet the fact that am interested in Buddhism is not known to my family nor the government YET .
      Due to domestic violence I been (and still ) fighting depression and as I don’t have access to any therapy nor help I used mediation and philosophy as a way of coping and only around a year ago I knew that I simply find more peace and love and happiness in Buddhism than  I find in Islam , it opened my eye on how simple life is and how I should take it simply , refrain from harm , tame your ego , and control greed and look for happiness in simple things as there is always hope .
      Few months ago I became vegetarian, am also have great respect for minimalism (although I don’t awe much now but am not planning to in the future)
       Am looking forward to receive and give support in this forum in order to help each other survive as I know that most of us here have very few that we can speak to as most of the families and former friends won’t understand .
      I would like to know if any other members in the form converted from islam to Buddhism? , or other religion? (I still believe in higher power form of god , regardless it might be karma or whatever , yet am open to learn more from others )
     I have a lot of questions that pop to my head as am planning my way out to a safer place but here is the first one that come to my mind now :
       Q) Those who went through refugee process in other Europe , do you avoid people from your region who properly be Muslims ? , do you lie about your origins to them for example?
     See once am in Europe clearly I don’t look like European, when people ask me where are you from (people in here always say where are you from second question after what your name I hate that question as they treat you different deepened on it) I would hate to say my origin country as there is no Buddhist there so it would be clear am a convert , even if I told a non muslim I will be worried that he meet a person in my country and say ooooh I met XXX you should meet her , and then later that other person get to know am convert . I have to say I get a very bad vibes about people from my country (and arabs in general ) (I know I shouldn’t judge passed on race and am working on it am working on to love and forgive but I need to be safe first  to do that from a place of strength )

Admins : Another thing is in my country I can’t access the main three  topics in the main page as it is panned and am truly interested in the cover your tracks page
     thnkyu

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #1 - December 21, 2016, 07:05 PM

According to Buddhism life is all about suffering.
    Buddhist also believe in rebirth.
    So you will be continously getting back into life and suffer.
    Meditation is another kind of escape from reality.
    There are other numerous ways also to increase your mental focus and strength.
    I do believe we will have some Buddhists here.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #2 - December 21, 2016, 07:56 PM

Yes it is depressive.
    islamic culture is depressive.
    it can make any one mental patient.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #3 - December 22, 2016, 01:14 AM

Welcome! I am also a vegetarian and a victim of domestic violence. I am on a sort of permanent run. I hope that you are safe and have means to remain so.  parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #4 - December 22, 2016, 11:22 AM

Hello every one and thank you for your welcome am glad to be among people who are open minded and can understand where am coming from .

abidali2018240 : yes in Buddhism life is suffering you need to understand it and  acknowledge it not deny it yet  look for means of happiness as long as you live (qout from Buddha : You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy) ,

Yet once someone reach a certain level of wisdom and lack of attachment (to belonging , past pain , loved ones , self-ego .. etc , just live the moment to the fullest and let it go happiness and sadness all come and go ) then you stop the cycle of suffering (some call it incarnation , some have different views on it  )

Although am not one hundred percent sure about incarnation but I don’t mind having a second chance of life am almost thirty now and my life never been happy so far so another happy childhood won’t bother  whistling2 (but this is not the point ).
      Regarding Islamic culture the thing is am coming from main cities where Islam is moderate ( where it is just deepened on your family to be extreme or not ) I grew up thinking that it is just my family who are bullies but once I stood up and asked for help from outside I recognized that the society (including police and court ) are supportive to this behavior regardless of how much pretty posters on the street that deny women and child abuse  , my eyes where opened to the fact that Islam failed to raise a society that human people lack a lot of ethics around here am really disappointed .

Hello three: am glad that you are safe now and I hope that you begin new life which is full of happiness, I also which that you are able to forgive and forget
    (quotes :
    1-   forgiveness is giving up all hope of having had a better past
    2-   Sometimes you have to forgive and forget. Forgive them for hurting you and forget they even exist.
       Am also glad that I fond another vegetarian here maybe we can exchange recipes, I don’t have means to cook at the moment but I loooove cooking and am surviving from vegetarian Indian restaurants as they are everywhere here lucky me (recommend a good dish though).

Regarding me I think I will be caught up soon as things are though at the moment (am from the middle est , living in another middle eastern country with my family and ran so I guess soon the police will deport me to my country due to expired  of visa if that happened then I will try to manage it from there ( hate both countries though ) ) , but I know am a strong woman and I will handle it I been strong for too long cant give up now .

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #5 - December 28, 2016, 03:11 AM

My latest favorite dish from the subcontinent is what was introduced to me as Punjabi eggplant. Maybe it is called baingan bharta. Everything is in English translation here, and it can be frustrating when trying to be specific.
    If there is a woman's advocacy group in the country you feel you will be deported to, perhaps you can contact them ahead of time and see if they can accept you into a safehouse? So that way if you are deported you have a place to go that does not make you vulnerable to your family.
    Make more than one plan, actually. Plan for any eventuality the best you can.

Reply #6 - December 28, 2016, 03:32 AM

Welcome awakened! I am sorry I can not provide much useful advice, but I hope you find that of others to be helpful.

The rabbit for you!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #7 - December 28, 2016, 04:02 PM

Punjabi eggplant. Maybe it is called baingan bharta.

baingan bharta is indian dish.
    Punjabi baingan bharta is one of the type of baingan bharta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baingan_bharta

what is punjabi eggplant ? Cheesy

American Sundi  Cheesy
    American sundi hits Punjab cotton belt

http://www.dawn.com/news/118171

Reply #8 - December 29, 2016, 02:32 AM

Unfortunately all I can do is read the package and then use those words to look it up on recipe.com and read the comments in hopes of someone giving the proper name. The package said Punjabi eggplant. It took me about two years to figure out what methi was in English, and I STILL couldn't find it in a store within sixty miles.

Reply #9 - December 29, 2016, 03:41 PM

Come On three, you are modern woman.
    Learn from evolution.
    Adapt Adapt Adapt

If you are living alone, you should cook the local food which is easiest for you to cook.
    I wouldn't say that one should completely assimilate, but yes we should always try to assimilate as much as possible.
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do definition. When visiting a foreign land, follow the customs of those who live in it. It can also mean that when you are in an unfamiliar situation, you should follow the lead of those who know the ropes.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/when-in-rome--do-as-the-romans-do

How to use Fenugreek/Methi. Indian Recipe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLyWafOYgs

Reply #10 - December 29, 2016, 07:51 PM

Unfortunately my friend I haven't got much choice in the way of local foods. I am unable to digest meats other than fish and my children are all lactose intolerant.
    This makes us very odd in a place of burgers, milkshakes, and fries.

Reply #11 - December 30, 2016, 12:58 AM

Unfortunately my friend I haven't got much choice in the way of local foods. I am unable to digest meats other than fish and my children are all lactose intolerant.
    This makes us very odd in a place of burgers, milkshakes, and fries.

Ooh okay now I understand why you were into Methi.
    But meat is very necessary for kids,if they are young. Sometimes you have to force them to eat.
    I remember how my mom and aunt use to feed me.
    They use to tie me to chair,and feed me meat and cheese forcefully, I wasn't free until I finish my meal, I use to cry but had no choice.

Reply #12 - December 30, 2016, 04:14 AM

Oh my. I am very sorry that used to happen to you. I would actually never do that to my kids, because they are cunning and they know where I sleep. My children are quite friendly with revenge, so I treat them with caution. What I do instead is I make them their favorites quite often and encourage them to try a bite of this or that before they can get more rice or pasta or dessert.
    I am a methi fan because it is an essential ingredient in ghormeh sabzi, which used to be the only way I could get my kids to eat red meat when they were toddlers. However, their palates have changed, and now they hardly eat any of it when I make it for them. So what was once a very urgent matter (scoring methi) is now not so at all.

Reply #13 - December 30, 2016, 08:05 AM

thank you three , asbie , abidali2018240 for the support  Smiley

three actually either here or back home there is no such a thing as women shelters nor any type of support , and I better stay away  from asking for help as from my experience it is better to look tough and stand by your own rather than allowing people to take advantage of the fact that you are an alone woman ( you know the stereotypes ) , any way I hope that I will be allowed to fly directly to any other country without passing by my home . I might contact woman organizations at my destinations though .

oooh I love indian dishes (I just need to remind them every time to slow down on the chilli other ways  furious )

I will try to order that dish you mentioned it seems nice and I agree with abidali2018240 I think any pratha is indian dish and in general any pratha  is ummmy (aloo (potato ) , paneer (cheese) )  dance

my favorite dishes are vegetarian cuscos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSOeIoCQABw

and Paneer Curry , btw this girl in the video make nice vegi dishes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzU6VnMhCnw

regarding Fenugreek  yes it is very good for the stomach especially for me as I have IBS , here is a fantastic sweet recipe using that herb I hope you can read Arabic other ways I will try to translate it for you (give it a try especially in winter it is warm sweet and goood )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HandrZJo4BE

Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #14 - January 01, 2017, 12:39 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #15 - January 02, 2017, 05:49 AM

thank you for the parrot  Quod  Smiley

BTW I love your signature ( Alice in wonder land is one of my favorites  )

Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
     Reply #16 - January 05, 2017, 01:32 AM

Ah, a woman of taste. Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #17 - January 06, 2017, 06:47 PM

Welcome.  Smiley

I have been reading a book about Buddhism recently which might interest you depending on your English reading ability:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Buddhism-Second-Teachings-Practices/dp/0521676746/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483728309&sr=1-2&keywords=Introduction+to+Buddhism

I am surprised by the depth of the book as it is only an introduction but very good and long one. Some of it is hard to understand due to the ancient Pali/Sanskirt language but there are some amazing things you can learn from the book.  Afro
     Reply #18 - March 17, 2017, 01:29 PM

thank you breaker of vows I did download the book and I will definitely read it

I downloaded few other books to read at the moment including the selfish  gene and the god delusion ( of course we never thought that at schools and I was never into biology to search it my self )

the thing I would like to say is that at this moment am at a stage where am questioning every thing I like Buddhism philosophy and spirituality but I have a loooot of research to do regarding its culture and history .

although am 100% sure that I can no longer follow Islam as am convinced that it is not divine/ ethical  enough to be from god or human enough to be followed by sane human being ,  I have strong attachment to god (who ever that is)  therefor i would lable my self more as agnostic .

Robert Frost

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »