Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unconscious fears/guilt, fears of diseases, pregnancy etc.

(Read 4418 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Unconscious fears/guilt, fears of diseases, pregnancy etc.
     OP - November 27, 2016, 04:53 PM

Hello everyone!

Something like a year ago I posted about things I learned about sex (post-apostasy) and how everything is normal and dandy.
    Now a year later, after having had 6 UTIs in 6 months, going to a urologist, having to admit that they were all caused by having sex, getting antibiotics to take after each sexy time, having tried 4 different birth control methods and having most not work propertly and now starting to get yeast infections... I am kind of reconsidering the dandiness of it all, because I just feel broken. I feel like I don't work properly, I always have some issue, I always fall into the 1-5% of unlucky people for most things.

I just got into a new relationship (3 months) and the guy is absolutely wonderful, we get along so well, we have so many projects, we can't get enough from each other, he is also super caring, kind and since he struggles with depression and anxiety he has a lot of empathy and is very open about his feelings. The only thing that is a bit inhibited is sex, because despite me not having any UTI when I take an antibiotic afterwards, I still feel very tense down there at the beginning, even though after a while it's fine and pleasurable. But sometimes it also burns and hurts so I am right away super worried about having some infection or other condition... Since so many things have gone wrong since I started having sex, I am just constantly worried that SOMETHING will go wrong again, it's starting to eat me up inside.

I am starting to think that maybe, despite me having thrown all the sex negative ideas of Islam and Abrahamic societies in general out of the window (I live in Europe btw), there could unconscious fears still remaining somewhere inside... When I was a Muslim I was very obedient concerning all that, I had never even french kissed a guy before, I would never have been able to have sex because I had scared myself away from it by telling myself that no birth control is a 100% efficient and that I could still get pregnant and get very bad side effects, also all sorts of diseases. Now that I am finally sexually active (started last year, I was 25), all these things happen in such a short period of time and sometimes I have a little voice telling me "You wouldn't have all that if you didn't have sex, you know? You kind of brought it on yourself", I sort of imagine that someone could tell me that, that I don't deserve to have a happy sex life, that that's just the way it is for women. It is in a way what doctors tell me, that "some women are just prone to UTIs and we don't know why, that's just how it is, I am sorry". The mere fact that I have to take medication to have sex makes me feel guilty, because I am harming my body on the long term, just so I can have sex... I feel frivolous, as if I shouldn't... Yet I know that I have the right to a normal sex life, but maybe part of me still doesn't really believe it...

Has anyone else had something similar? Did you have fears regarding sex the first years (pain, pregnancy scares, fear of diseases, fear of inadequacy, body issues...)?
    Since this subjects makes me tear up instantly when I talk about it, I decided to call in planned parenthood tomorrow, because they have counselling  for a variety of problems, including sex related anxieties. I want to get rid of my fears and hopefully stop getting ill so frequently. I want a normal sex life and not feel guilty for even thinking about wanting that.
     Reply #1 - November 27, 2016, 07:21 PM

I had always feared sex for moral reasons when I was muslim. Fear of punishment in grave and hell. But now we know grave and hell punishments are BS stories.
    I am 26 male asexual by choice , after reading so much negative about sex and remains of Islam inside me I still fear sex.
    STDS are real, but one can have protection against those thing.
    Counseling will help you.
    But for me personally sex is useless thing.
    It drains energy from both male and female.
    I rarely get sexual emotions now.
    But deep inside me I fear sex and I am anxious about it too.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #2 - November 27, 2016, 07:21 PM

I wish you healthy life.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #3 - November 27, 2016, 07:49 PM

Since this subjects makes me tear up instantly when I talk about it, I decided to call in planned parenthood tomorrow, because they have counselling  for a variety of problems, including sex related anxieties. I want to get rid of my fears and hopefully stop getting ill so frequently. I want a normal sex life and not feel guilty for even thinking about wanting that.

This is a very good idea. Hoping the best for you.  far away hug

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - November 27, 2016, 08:08 PM

I had always feared sex for moral reasons when I was muslim. Fear of punishment in grave and hell. But now we know grave and hell punishments are BS stories.
    I am 26 male asexual by choice , after reading so much negative about sex and remains of Islam inside me I still fear sex.
    STDS are real, but one can have protection against those thing.
    Counseling will help you.
    But for me personally sex is useless thing.
    It drains energy from both male and female.
    I rarely get sexual emotions now.
    But deep inside me I fear sex and I am anxious about it too.

I used to think I might be asexual too, when I was still a muslim though, because I never allowed myself to be attracted to anyone. If that choice is ok for you it's great, but makes sure it is really a choice (not fear) or you might miss out on something really great. Since I discovered it I love it and it feels amazing, it's just the fear afterwards and all these problems I got that make me anxious now... and before I was scared that it might hurt and that I'll bleed the first time.
    Me and my boyfriend got both tested for STIs, so now that's not a fear anymore. It's just all the crap that comes with having a female body, as if I didn't have enough problems accepting my body already, now I got to have urinary tract infections, yeast infections... just great. I never had any of these before and now I am constantly having vagina/bladder issues  Cry

Thank you, I hope that counselling will help me too. I hope you will get rid of your fears also, so you can truly be asexual by choice, if that's what you need to be.
     Reply #5 - November 27, 2016, 08:41 PM

I know I am missing a lot in my life. It's a messed up life. I don't know if it's fear that stops me from being sexual.
    Though my circumstances are different, still I think I have accepted my life as it is.

Taking stress and feeling not good being a woman won't help you overcome this problem.
    There is lot of negative self talk taking place, what it seems to me.
    Counseling is a great plan. Don't stop counseling.
    Keep taking medication.
    If you have performance anxiety, general anxiety or depression I would recommend a secular psychiatrist also.
    Sometimes chains are in head.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »