Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Research about ex Muslims

(Read 2117 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Research about ex Muslims
     OP - November 23, 2016, 04:14 PM

I am looking for volunteers to take part in a research project regarding the effects of leaving Islam. This is for my undergraduate dissertation.
    If you take part, I would like to conduct an interview with you to find out about your experiences of leaving Islam. Your identity would be kept anonymous. Interviews will take place through web cam.
    It is important to highlight that this research does not have a political right-wing agenda, nor does it have an agenda to portray apostates or Islam in negative light. It is simply to explore what it means to renounce Islam from personal experience.
    In a western society, religious belief is a free choice, so it may be expected that leaving Islam is an easy transition. However, in my experience of leaving Islam, it can be very isolating and far from easy. 
    I am conducting this research to gain a better understanding on the obstacles individuals face when leaving a birth religion. Please get in touch if you would like to take part.

My email is: faithfitzsimon94@gmail.com
     Reply #1 - November 23, 2016, 04:29 PM

Hey faithyfitz,

Welcome to our forum. Because of the sensitive nature of the issue of apostasy, which carries a death sentence in the penal code of some Islamic countries and is a source of harassment, violence, and intimidation in many Muslim communities, we take requests such as this one very seriously here.

If you could please provide us with more information as to who you are, what school or institution you are attending, how you intend to conduct your interviews, what will be done with the information, etc., it would be helpful for us as moderators to decide on whether or not we are comfortable with hosting your request here.

Is there a website you could direct us to or any contact information above your email address?
     Reply #2 - November 23, 2016, 07:57 PM

Hello,

I understand your concerns, I got permission to post my research on the forum by people who work  for ex Muslims uk Rayhana Sultan and Eileen McFadden via email. 

I study at University centre at Blackburn college, which is based in the UK.  I am a third year sociology  student, this research is for my dissertation.

Interviews will take place via Skype.  Participants will be kept anonymous- no names will be asked.  If wanted participants can also cover their face if they wish to further cover their identity from me( if that makes them feel more comfortable.)

Information will only be used for my dissertation,  data will be deleted after  the project is completed. Only my lecturer will have access to mark this assignment.

I am a ex Muslim myself so I see the importance of this research.

My personal email is faithfitzsimon94@gmail.com
    My university email is 20223662@blackburn.ac.uk

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »