Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My Muslim friend asked me to convert to Islam

(Read 1971 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My Muslim friend asked me to convert to Islam
     OP - November 18, 2016, 06:45 PM

Hey everybody, I haven't really on here in a while but I really could use some advice in consideration with your experiences.

I've mentioned before that I'm Assyrian and that we have the longest history alongside Muslims and Islam.

The context with my question is that I was having a meet up with my video game club in a college and, at the same time, there was an event being held by the Bible club.

The Bible club's top member gave a Christianity-specific speech and my Muslim Pakistani friend was getting mad because of the Christian-specific stuff in the speech (stuff like Jesus our lord and god, etc.) so I tried to joke to him how he got triggered.

He knows that I'm not really a believer; I told him that I'm aware of religion but I don't believe in ANYTHING except science and 'god' (my idea of god is whatever started the big bang which could be anything, not just a sentient being).

in the midst of his triggering, he asked me to convert to Islam. He kinda brushed it off as a joke but it really "cut" into me if you know what I mean.

It cut into me because this is the same religion that has resulted in the deaths of many Assyrians and continues to kill us to this day and, like many Assyrians, being asked and/or pressured to convert.

I told him no and he quickly backed off when the speech ended but I think I should consult everyone here about what I should do in the aftermath.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but I really need help on this.
     Reply #1 - November 18, 2016, 07:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I was reading news about Mosul and the assyrians, and I felt terrible for them.

Assyrians are really cool people. I would love to learn your language.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #2 - November 18, 2016, 07:42 PM

thx for your reply YOLO, learning Assyrian (really called Syriac) at a place called Rinyo which is syriac for "idea"
    Another alternative is the Syriac language classes usually done by our churches but we don't have a very large Assyrian community in the UK itself (I'm assuming you live in UK but I'm likely wrong lol)

anyways, I really advice on how to deal with this situation.

Do I simply tell him that I don't believe because science has debunked Islam and religion in general? (100% honesty approach)
    do I avoid talking about religion? What should I do?
     Reply #3 - November 18, 2016, 08:42 PM

If I were you, I'd be honest with him, tell him that your ancestors were persecuted by Muslims and the last thing you want to do is to take on the religion which did that.

If he doesn't respect that completely and absolutely, I'd stop being friends with him. Life is too short, and you're better off not having such 'friends'

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #4 - November 18, 2016, 10:38 PM

If I were you, I'd be honest with him, tell him that your ancestors were persecuted by Muslims and the last thing you want to do is to take on the religion which did that.

If he doesn't respect that completely and absolutely, I'd stop being friends with him. Life is too short, and you're better off not having such 'friends'

Yea but if I do that, it'll probably start a shtstorm and people will call and label me an Islamophobe (I live in Chicago, USA which has alot of liberals and social justice warriors)
     Reply #5 - November 18, 2016, 10:50 PM

You're better off without 'friends' like that who don't understand such a critical thing about your background. In my opinion.

Reply #6 - November 18, 2016, 11:39 PM

Do the thing which feels more comfortable to you. If it feels more comfortable to leave out your background, then that's fine, and if you want to get into that with him it's fine. Either way, if he insists or gives you trouble, then you know he's not worth much as a friend.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #7 - November 19, 2016, 01:22 AM

I abhor confrontation. I don't want to argue with or educate anyone-it's not my responsibility to teach those who offend. For friends I am fond of who are offensive I often let them fade out. I take up a hobby or something and I have less time.
    For those I want to keep I go the honest route and explain everything over coffee.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #8 - November 19, 2016, 01:55 AM

..............and my Muslim Pakistani friend was getting mad because of the Christian-specific stuff in the speech (stuff like Jesus our lord and god, etc.) so I tried to joke to him how he got triggered.

in the midst of his triggering, he asked me to convert to Islam. He kinda brushed it off as a joke but it really "cut" into me if you know what I mean.

Hello  Nergal  .,glad to see you back into the forum.,    these Pakistani fools with faith bug  in their barin where are they go they create faith problems., Well tell that guy  these two points

1).  Tell  him  to read Quran and Hadith

2).  Jews and Christians   were  monotheists similar to Muslims and they became Muslims much before the birth of Muhammad.  So there is no reason for them to convert to Islam .. THEY ARE BORN AS MUSLIMS before they knew the word "Islam"

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - November 19, 2016, 05:40 PM

thank you all for answering, I really have noticed that Pakistanis are very much the most religious of all Muslims.
    I can also argue that Pakistanis are more 'Muslim' than most of the Middle East.

Are you guys sure I shouldn't just give him a dose of good ol' Science?
     Reply #10 - November 19, 2016, 05:55 PM

thank you all for answering, I really have noticed that Pakistanis are very much the most religious of all Muslims.

I can also argue that Pakistanis are more 'Muslim' than most of the Middle East.

Cheesy Cheesy  that is true., Well  RASCALS who do  this dawh and have Pakistani background are indeed More Islamic than Middle East Arab Muslim folks .,sometimes they terrify me..

Are you guys sure I shouldn't just give him a dose of good ol' Science?

well  you seem to  be close with that guy .,  why not??  He dawahs you So you dawah him .,  

You take  his Islamic Shahada and ask him to take  your Shahada.,   ...lol..   other thing you could  do is give links of CEMB forum  to him that has ton of science folders

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »