Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump's team 'discussing plans for Muslim registration system'

(Read 2564 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump's team 'discussing plans for Muslim registration system'
     OP - November 16, 2016, 02:53 PM

Donald Trump’s policy advisors are discussing plans to establish a registry for Muslim immigrants in the US, a man believed to be a key member of the President-elect's transition team has revealed.

Kris Kobach, the secretary of state for Kansas, said the President-elect’s advisors were looking at how to implement a proposal suggested by the billionaire businessman that would force immigrants from Muslim countries to register on a database.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html

Trump has already started to backtrack on The Wall, but it looks like he does plan to make good on his promises regarding Muslims. Note that his policy about banning Muslim immigrants, which was taken off his website after it was rightly criticized before the election, is back up.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1 - November 16, 2016, 08:26 PM

I think it would be successfully challenged in court especially  if it targets just one group.
     Reply #2 - November 16, 2016, 08:28 PM

You mean there isn't already such a database?   Roll Eyes

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #3 - November 16, 2016, 10:18 PM

I'm sure there's a database the NSA has somewhere, however accurate it might be.

A registry seems to imply that it would be something in the public record, that people would be required by law to sign into and keep current, and would be potentially a part of the public record. This idea is fucking shitty shit shit.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - November 17, 2016, 04:13 AM

You mean there isn't already such a database?   Roll Eyes

There is, or was. It was partial, though. Only certain residents/aliens from certain countries were on it, and they were required to do regular check ins. It was just after 9/11 and I don't recall that it lasted beyond a few years.
    The countries I recall being on it were: Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, perhaps Sudan, and I know there were more.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #5 - November 17, 2016, 04:14 AM

I'm sure there's a database the NSA has somewhere, however accurate it might be.

A registry seems to imply that it would be something in the public record, that people would be required by law to sign into and keep current, and would be potentially a part of the public record. This idea is fucking shitty shit shit.

Yeah. We had this going on.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #6 - November 17, 2016, 01:22 PM

There is, or was. It was partial, though. Only certain residents/aliens from certain countries were on it, and they were required to do regular check ins. It was just after 9/11 and I don't recall that it lasted beyond a few years.
    The countries I recall being on it were: Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, perhaps Sudan, and I know there were more.

Which makes sense, because any of those countries residents were hijackers who perpetrated 9/11. (Hint: They weren't)

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #7 - November 17, 2016, 01:58 PM

Here's an article from Vox :
    Donald Trump’s proposed “Muslim registry,” explained

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13649764/trump-muslim-register-database
    Apparently -
    Under NSEERS, certain “foreign citizens and nationals” in the US had to come into immigration offices for fingerprinting, photos, and interviews — and then had to check in again at designated intervals.
    But this “special registration” system was selective. It only applied to people on non-immigrant visas (including tourism and work visas). It only applied to men over the age of 16. And it only applied to people from a list of countries the Bush administration considered “havens for terrorists.”
    There were 25 countries on the “special registration” list. Twenty-four were majority-Muslim countries. The 25th was North Korea.
    Over the next decade, more than 80,000 men were put into NSEERS “special registration” database — Muslims and non-Muslims from suspected countries alike. But to Muslim American and civil rights groups, the fact that the Bush administration was responding to 9/11 by ordering thousands of Muslim men to show up to register with the government was de facto discriminatory.

Reply #8 - November 17, 2016, 05:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-77wzLGmU

let me watch that again.,  that is from April,,,

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - November 18, 2016, 02:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC7RlZVsqV8

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - November 23, 2016, 06:08 PM

Yeezevee you will have to register if you still have a Muslim name.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #11 - November 23, 2016, 06:46 PM

Pfft.  Yeezevee would walk right up to Donald Trump and scream his identity into his face before making him watch twelve You Tubes on the subject of identity and Islam.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »