Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi everyone

(Read 5093 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi everyone
     OP - November 06, 2016, 04:13 AM

Hi there to everyone I'm atheist ex christian man who has a christian family who still cares about me. my mother loves me and is so afraid that my soul will burn in hell and that hurts her deeply. I have been right wing when it comes to Islam but I'm here to get a more balanced understanding from ex Muslims who want peace and freedom yet have Muslim family who they care about as opposed to a Muslim who might not be telling me the truth.  Protection of ex Muslims who fear for there lives is something I believe is a good first step to achieving world peace because fear is what a lot of religions need to keep it's followers.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #1 - November 06, 2016, 10:24 AM

As a former christian you should be aware not only of the historical horrors carried out in the name of Christ but also the horrors being carried out today, justified by people holding a bible above their heads. The god of islam is very much the god of the old testament. The reasons you don't fear the average jew/christian are exactly the same reasons as to why you shouldn't fear the average muslim. Yes the religion teaches some fucked up shit, but the average believer is better than their god. I guarantee that the last muslim you met didn't leave that conversation thinking "Kill the kaffir" any more than the last christian you met didn't walk away thinking "Crucify the apostate".

Bashing muslims purely for being muslims isn't something tolerated on this site, and for good reason, which you seem to be aware of, however your comment "opposed to a Muslim who might not be telling me the truth" brings up red flags for me, as I'm sure it will others. You're not one of those who think taqiyya is a real thing for all muslims as dictated by the Spencer/Geller types are you? I hope not.

Criticising texts and individuals, is fine, and I hope you have a good time doing it, but I do feel the need to ask your thoughts on muslims in general.

Apart from that, welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #2 - August 12, 2018, 02:47 AM

Sorry I haven't looked at this post for a while. I don't think Richard Spencer and Pamela Geller believe every Muslim practices taqiyya I know I don't believe that but some muslims do practice it and I would be naive to think otherwise and yes I've been lied to aswell . but there are a lot of peaceful Muslims that don't know some of their religious texts other do and choose to ignore them the problem is it is hard to distinguish between them. The bible's violent old testament is made obsolete by the more peaceful new testament while more violent verses of the koran are later revelations abrogating the earlier peaceful ones. I wouldn't want to live amount Christians in the 10th century but today is different and they have evolved into better people and I hope Muslims can evolve to and not be a threat to the rest of humanity because lets face it at the moment there are alot more Muslims declaring war against unbelievers than there christian counterparts . You may choose to take offence but It isn't my intention to do so. You could ban me if you like or you can help me bring feasible alternatives  to the far rights contemplated warfare and banishment solution.  stopping sharia, intimidation, extremist activity and 10th century christian practices to the infidel world is what I want how about you.
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #3 - August 12, 2018, 05:00 AM

Just so we're clear, you know that taqiyya is a shia practise which says that if a sunni or sunnis are threatening your life, you can lie and say you're a sunni yourself, right? If someone was going to murder me unless I said I as XYZ, I'd say I was, and keep pretending until I was away from them.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #4 - August 12, 2018, 08:37 AM

yes I often hear it's a shia thing using in the instance you described. but if he was a sunni that intended to kill you and you family only sparing your wife and daughters to take as sex slaves would he tell you his intentions in front of 20 of your friends or pretend to be peaceful and wait till your in a vulnerable position? I'm really interested in your opinion on this because some Muslims in African towns have lived in peace with others that consider them to be friends. then one day out of the blue they kill them all. doesn't the Koran say why except peace while you have the upper hand? I can google it i guess. 
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #5 - August 13, 2018, 08:21 AM

Are you on about verse 47:35?

• Hi everyone
     Reply #6 - August 16, 2018, 02:35 AM

I can't remember the verse number but I will look it up. Terrorists win theological debates all the time regarding their religious obligations. muslims ignore violent passages in order to live a peaceful life but they aren't really religiously justified in doing so unfortunately.   
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #7 - August 16, 2018, 02:23 PM

If you view the texts literally it's easy for terrorists to sway people, but that really does depend on a specific mindset. You need the right sect, the right mentality, the right views, ect. And, let's be honest, we're all influenced by our upbringing/environment/culture. I've known muslims who defend Mo fucking a nine-year-old, and sunnis saying they'd smack anyone who said Mo fucked a nine-year-old.

• Hi everyone
     Reply #8 - August 17, 2018, 08:16 AM

I'm struggling to see how that can't be taken literally. I glade to hear that some Muslims don't believe their so called perfect prophet have sex with a 9 year old and I hope that they can win debates on this subject. the truth is as much as i wish it wasn't true I don't think they would be able to win such a debate. Did you know that I thought Robert Spencer was a lair once and I become depressed to find out I couldn't debunk the things he was saying? 
  • Hi everyone
     Reply #9 - August 22, 2018, 05:42 PM

Well with the pedo thing it's not that they don't take it literally, it's that they don't believe those hadiths are vaild.  No mention of the validity of the rape hadiths though. For instance: https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23145.0

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »