Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: concealed ovulation and the case for female sexuality

(Read 1420 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • concealed ovulation and the case for female sexuality
     OP - October 23, 2016, 01:25 PM

I was reading a discussion on here about polygamy and thought this deserved its own topic. There are so many people who go on and on to justify polygamy because it's according to them 1. the nature of men 2. women need a man or else there will be prostitution, etc (which i find quite bizarre). Those kind of arguments.And those same people who make those arguments say that it's unnatural for women to have either multiple partners or engage in polyandry. They ask how would you know who the father of the child is etc.

I've always wanted to ask people what about concealed ovulation and the shape of the penis then. Humans are one of the few species that have evolved to have concealed ovulation, thereby making the date of conception difficult to determine. I find quote from a (scholarly, so it's not just me saying this Smiley ) article this interesting:

The loss of estrus in the female is regarded not as a precondition to pair-bonding, but as a means for increasing the likelihood of successful cuckoldry of the male after monogamy has been established. The human social setting of monogamous pairs in close proximity greatly reduces the costs of infidelity.

The shape of the penis is another thing that apparently evolved so that it can remove the semen of other lovers the woman had. So that means undoubtedly that the woman *had* multiple partners. That we humans and women in particular did evolve to have multiple partners too just in case the one we're with is an idiot.

I always wonder what those that argue for polygyny would have to say about this...

• concealed ovulation and the case for female sexuality
     Reply #1 - October 23, 2016, 01:52 PM

I have always found naturalistic arguments to when it comes to acceptability of sexual practices, and indeed other many other things to be extremely poor.

Conditions for human beings are significantly different than ones in which humans evolved from our primate ancestors. In fact, one also needs to recognize the ubiquity of infanticide among our primate ancestors to understand why uncertain parentage would need to have evolved. The evolution of human sexuality is a remarkably complex picture, and because hominids were also historically diverse in sexual trends, one can find evidence for the "naturalness" of all of polygyny, monogamy, and polyandry.

Ultimately, I thus think it's much more tenable to make the case for acceptability of different sexual practices on the basis of individual rights, as opposed to naturalistic argument.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »