Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zineb El Rhazoui's new book

(Read 3388 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Zineb El Rhazoui's new book
     OP - October 19, 2016, 10:21 AM

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2016/10/18/zineb-el-rhazoui-charlie-hebdo-survivor-discusses-why-the-world-needs-to-destroy-islamic-fascism/
    She leads a clandestine existence, on the move and under 24-hour guard as France’s most protected woman. Yet Zineb El Rhazoui, the Charlie Hebdo journalist who happened to be in Casablanca on January 7 last year, the day terrorists “avenging the Prophet” massacred nine people at the satirical magazine in Paris, believes she has a duty to defy Islamists desperate to silence her.

Shaken but undeterred by the fatwas and relentless, precise death threats issued via social media to “kill the bitch” since she helped produce the publication’s first survivors’ issue following the attack — and spoke about it in Arabic for the Arab press — the Moroccan-French writer refuses to assume an anonymous identity. Fleeing Paris or abandoning her human rights activism, and her unforgiving critiques of the religion she grew up with, are also out of the question.

Detruire Le Fascisme Islamique (Destroy Islamic Fascism), being released in France this week, takes the battle of ideas directly to the ideologically-driven zealots who inspired the assassins of her dear friend Charb (Stephane Charbonnier), late editor of Charlie Hebdo who preferred “to die standing than to live on my knees.”

Obtained exclusively by Women in the World, the book dedicated to “Muslim atheists” is an unapologetic strike against the strict application of Islam by imitating the first Salafists or “pious ancestors.”

The essay-length book is in the grand French polemical tradition of Emile Zola whose J’accuse denounced the anti-Semitism of the French state and establishment during the Dreyfus Affair, on the eve of the 20th century. El Rhazoui, who holds Moroccan and French citizenship, takes aim at a very 21st-century phenomenon: what she abhors as the “intellectual fraud” of Islamophobia, which pretends to be about anti-racism but in her reckoning is used as a weapon to silence all critics of Islam and the ideas behind it as automatically hostile towards all Muslims. Epitomized by the French Collective Against Islamophobia (CCIF), this deliberate strategy vilifies as Islamophobic voices such as El Rhazoui’s who dare question the religion the CCIF and fellow travelers define only through the prism of their own fundamentalism.

Reply #1 - October 19, 2016, 11:08 AM

zeca  opens a folder for Zineb El Rhazoui and her new book

zeca   thanks for opening  a folder on Zineb El Rhazoui .,  thank you.,   I wondered what happened to her after that Islamic heroes  MASSACRED  ISLAM HATERS ., ISAMOPHOBES   in that French silly satiric (or SATANIC??) magazine office Charlie Hebdo.   I wrote  some time back  I called her as " Jewel of Humanity"
    And  that Franco-Moroccan Zineb el Rhazoui is a Jewel of Humanity ..  

Now I wonder whether she is Jewel of humanity or  DEVIL OF HUMANITY...  because she is in AMRIKA., writing in to AMRIKHANO news papers and magazines .,   makes lot and lots of money from right wingers ,neocons,   Islamophobes and Islam haters.   Anyways.. As zeca opened this folder for her and her book ., let me scribble something in it with her recent video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_MzNti8BU

Published on Oct 18, 2016

Former Charlie Hebdo journalist Zineb El Rhazoui, who was out of the country in January 2015 when Islamic militants stormed the offices of the satirical magazine in Paris and fatally shot 9 people. El Rhazoui, described as the 'most protected woman' in France, visited the New York City office of Women in the World and spoke with Emma-Kate Symons about her experiences and her incendiary new book titled 'Destroy Islamic Fascism.'

Former Charlie Hebdo journalist Zineb El Rhazoui, who was out of the country in January 2015 when Islamic militants stormed the offices of the satirical magazine in Paris and fatally shot 12 of her colleagues. El Rhazoui, described as the 'most protected woman' in France, visited the New York City office of Women in the World and spoke with Emma-Kate Symons about her experiences and her incendiary new book titled 'Destroy Islamic Fascism.'Former Charlie Hebdo journalist Zineb El Rhazoui, who was out of the country in January 2015 when Islamic militants stormed the offices of the satirical magazine in Paris and fatally shot 12 of her colleagues. El Rhazoui, described as the 'most protected woman' in France, visited the New York City office of Women in the World and spoke with Emma-Kate Symons about her experiences and her incendiary new book titled 'Destroy Islamic Fascism.'

That is what she says and it is from Oct-18th 2016 .. ha!  So dear zeca  I greatly appreciate  few words of your opinion on that interview

Now  I wonder that she may turn in to some one that is worse than Ayaan Hirsi Ali  and I wonder how she is going to play in to these TERRIFYING AMERICAN POLITICS ..   Monkeys in power  with thousands of Atomic weapons is a dangerous to the world....  but lucky the world.,    the country still has its wonderful constitutional freedom  and free speech.. elections every four years and even in the middle of a that 4 year term.,  Americans can kick out their presidents.,   

Anyways So Zineb El Rhazoui....
    Zineb El Rhazoui is a Morocco-born French journalist. She is a columnist for Paris-based satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.[1] She did not attend the |editorial meeting of 7 January 2015 when terrorists burst in and murdered people in attendance, as she was in Morocco at the time.
    She is the magazine's religion expert and a passionate critic of Islam.[2] Since the killings, she has become a prominent secularist and human rights campaigner, speaking publicly around the world about Islam and free speech.

She has been accused of “Islamophobia,” a term she rejects, describing it as having first appeared in Iran “a few years ago, as a way of silencing critics of that country's government"

Zineb El Rhazoui was born on 19 January 1982 in Casablanca, Morocco.  She is, in her own words, a “blédarde, born in Morocco to an indigenous father and French mother,” and thus a dual French and Moroccan citizen. Growing up in Morocco, she routinely asked critical questions about the subordinate status of women under Islam.

In secondary school, she made a point of wearing black nailpolish and low-cut blouses to school, where her teacher was a conservative man with a long beard. “As a woman in a male-dominated country, you sooner or later face a choice. You can comply, let yourself be cowed, and shut up, or you have to fight"

After graduating, she worked for a semester as a teaching assistant at Cairo University. At the library she read early Islamic writings, which she found to be more thoughtful and open to critical analysis than contemporary Islam. She wrote a master's degree on Muslims in Morocco who convert to Christianity. “I wanted to understand how they first could put out the enormous intellectual effort that it takes to escape from one form of brainwashing, only to voluntarily join another religion,” she later explained

Rhazoui began her career as a journalist in Morocco working for a weekly paper that was shut down by the regime in 2010.  She published a number of articles about religious minorities in the journal Le Journal Hebdomadaire, which was banned by the Moroccan government in 2010.

She is the founder of several organizations, including the pro-democracy, pro-secularism movement MALI, which he co-founded. She was arrested three times by the Moroccan government for criticizing it.

One of the crimes for which she was arrested was a protest picnic in 2009, which involved her eating lunch in a public park during Ramadan. She was eventually forced into exile in Slovenia.

She later went to Paris to study, and became a spokeswoman for the feminist organization Ni Putes Ni Soumises, for which she worked helping Muslim women in oppressive family relationships. At the Sorbonne she studied Arabic, English, and French.

On 7 January 2015, Rhazoui was at her home in Casablanca, Morocco, having had her Christmas holiday extended. She sent an article about ISIS's views of women to her editor at Charlie Hebdo and then went back to bed. Two hours later she was awoken by her ringing phone. It was a friend telling her about the massacre at the magazine's offices. During the next few hours, she would learn that twelve of her friends and colleagues had been murdered. She later told Aftenposten that she believed herself to have been one of the terrorists' main targets. “Those of us who are alive,” she said, “are alive only because of small coincidences

She contributed to Charlie Hebdo issue No. 1178, which was published the week after the killings.

After the massacre, extensive security routines became a part of Rhazoui's life. She avoids eating at restaurants or taking the train.

“Those who defend the violence [against Charlie Hebdo] or who think we've all but asked for it ourselves,” she has said, “I place...in the same category as the Islamists. Many of those on the left, in several countries, are so scared of being accused of racism or Islamophobia that they accept oppression and abuse of women and children, 'among the others.' They don't dare get involved. I think that's exactly what racism is – approving differential treatment...

zee..... My goodness gracious ., she is bloody hater and "The Devil incarnate" to preach hate against Islam. I don't want to write Anything more  ABOUT  HER  .. and earlier I wrongly said about her as "Jewel of Humanity"  .,   Well I do many wrongs.,     She is BRAIN DEAD ISLAMIST HATING FUCKING ZEBRA., finmad finmad     I hope allah doll forgives me and still keeps the place in that jannah.

So  zeca  and friends,   I wonder about the opinion  of CEMB readers and members about her ..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - October 19, 2016, 11:59 AM

TED TALK from that Islam hater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6ZRstYlgw

Zineb,a few months after the attack at Charlie Hebdo that shocked the world came to TEDxKalamata for a powerful speech. At her talk, is going to share her point view towards human rights, racism and freedom of speech.

Zineb El Rhazoui is a Moroccan-born French human rights activist and a columnist for the satirical weekly magazine Charlie Hebdo. She published several articles on religious minorities in the journal Le Journal Hebdomadaire, an independent publication banned by the Moroccan government in 2010.
    She co-founded the pro-democracy, pro-secularism movement MALI before joining Charlie Hebdo in 2011. After being arrested three times by the Moroccan government, El Rhazoui was eventually forced into exile in Slovenia. In 2013, she co-authored the comic book “The Life of Mohamed” with the slain Charlie Hebdo editor Stéphane Charbonnier.

let me also add this link

Terrorism doesn't justify insulting Islam  By Sally Kohn

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - October 22, 2016, 02:41 PM

I watched the Ted Talk video and find nothing disturbing about it.

Yes, she criticizes Islam but she also has a lot of reasons for that. Her friends were killed by radicals and her way of life is threatened. 
    She has to walk with bodyguards. Several fatha's are made against her, several death threats. Everyone who is facing such a hate would be very negative with the opinion of Islam.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »