Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Competition in building towers hadith

(Read 2212 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Competition in building towers hadith
     OP - October 01, 2016, 12:10 AM

Hello,

I once heard of a hadith talking about the Final Day, and how shepherds would compete in the building of huge towers.  If you look at modern places such as Abu Dhabi, with the Burj Khalifa for example, doesn't this make the hadith true?  60 years ago, these people were shepherds.  Now, they construct huge towers in competition with each other...

What do you think of this?
     Reply #1 - October 01, 2016, 04:14 AM

You go back far enough, every builders were shepherds.

"Prophecy" shouldn't be "normal things any human can observe". Even now, normal-non-prophet-humans can observe many things that would still be true for years to come.

Like fornication, dancing, or whatever-bad-haram-things-I-don't-like.

That, and while "huge towers" are a grandeur display of material wealth, I feel like the real reason is neglected - we build up because cities are dense and packed with many people. If we build up, we can all have bigger rooms, you just live above me. Crowded cities will naturally have taller buildings because land becomes more expensive.

There is nothing evil about it, it's natural.
     Reply #2 - October 01, 2016, 04:25 AM

This was their idea of tall buildings.
     Reply #3 - October 03, 2016, 12:17 AM

Hello,

I once heard of a hadith talking about the Final Day, and how shepherds would compete in the building of huge towers.  If you look at modern places such as Abu Dhabi, with the Burj Khalifa for example, doesn't this make the hadith true?  60 years ago, these people were shepherds.  Now, they construct huge towers in competition with each other...

What do you think of this?

People have been competing in building large and more impressive structures for millennia. This is evident just by looking at the surviving structures from antiquity. Anyone living near a major urban center would have been aware of this. The prophecy is stating the obvious. Beside modern buildings are not built by shepherds so to draw this as something about modern buildings is pure sophistry. A shepherd is occupation that has nothing to do with modern engineering and architecture.
     Reply #4 - October 03, 2016, 03:49 PM

not only high rise buildings but high rise hair doos on women. (that's what I was told) and these days its the high rise hijabs.

Reply #5 - October 06, 2016, 01:48 AM

I think shepherds in parts of old Persia were doing this long before the Arabs got involved. It was common to build a tower on the edge of your residential compound so you could see trouble coming before it arrived. That gave you time to get your people and livestock out of the fields and behind walls.
    Now they build those towers with gun slits in them, I bet.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »