Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Nahed Hattar The Jordanian Islam critic Shot Dead says news

(Read 1820 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Nahed Hattar The Jordanian Islam critic Shot Dead says news
     OP - September 25, 2016, 11:48 AM

Nahed Hattar The Jordanian Islam critic Shot Dead  fro Blasphemy says news

A Jordanian writer charged with offending Islam after allegedly sharing a satirical cartoon on his Facebook page has been killed. Nahid Hattar, a Christian, was hit by three bullets outside the court in the capital Amman where he was standing trial, state news agency Petra said.

Mr Hattar's killer was arrested and police are investigating the killing, TV reports said. The writer was detained in August for 15 days on charges of insulting God.

The cartoon he shared depicts a bearded man lying in bed with two women and smoking, asking God to bring him a drink. Mr Hattar was attacked on social media for being anti-Islam. He said he had not meant to cause offence and wanted to expose radical Islamists' view of heaven. But the authorities said he had broken the law by sharing the cartoon.

Well That is the news.,  Many knew him as Jordanian  Christian  critic of  fanatic faiths/religions   but very few knew he was also a Bedouin  born in Christian Faith.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - September 25, 2016, 01:53 PM

So why  Nahed Hattar was killed in front of the  court room?  

WHAT DID HE DO ?  

DID HE NOT DO SOMETHING WRONG LIVING IN ISLAMIC STATE ?

ACCORDING TO ISLAM Islamic preaching and Islamic scriptures should he killed? or should he be jailed?

Being Islamic state  should Jordan not impose Sharia Laws?

So many questions.... So Murrad at Jordantimes.com gives someanswers
    Nahed Hattar got killed because he shared something, not created it.

He posted something in his Facebook and following the social media outrage, he removed it.

He was charged and he voluntarily turned himself to the authorities.

He showed up at the Palace of Justice, getting ready to attend a court hearing session that is being prepared to prosecute him.

But he failed to attend the section because someone stopped him.

So who caused a greater damage and who is most deserving of punishment? I think it's the killer.

Is Murrad of Jordan right?  I am not certain he is right according to Islam... and If he follows Islam.  any way let us read the news on that from Jordan Times..

So Nahed Hattar  did this cartoon

and a little comment on his/that  fucking  face book/twitter ..whatever   on August 12th 2016  Nahed Hattar charged over that so-called offensive cartoon two days later   on  14 AUGUST 2016 and arrest warrant has been issued.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/jordan-nahed-hattar-charged-offensive-cartoon-160814145922313.html

An arrest warrant has been issued for a Jordanian writer after he allegedly shared a cartoon on social media that was deemed highly offensive to Muslims.

The warrant for writer Nahed Hattar was issued on Friday after he failed to appear for questioning over the cartoon posted on his Facebook page. It is not known who produced the cartoon, which shows a fighter from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) sitting next to two women and asking God to bring him a drink.

'Did not mean to offend'

The backlash against Hattar was immediate with Jordanian social media users lambasting the writer for sharing the cartoon and accusing him of being anti-Islam and purposely causing offence to Jordanian Muslims.

Social media users also called on the government to question and arrest Hattar, and some attacked him for being Christian and a secularist. Attempting to explain his motive for sharing the cartoon, Hattar said that he did not intend to cause offence to Muslims and wanted the cartoon to "expose" ISIL and the Muslim Brotherhood.

"I did not mean to offend the believers. Instead, I was trying to expose how terrorist Daesh [the Arabic acronym for ISIL] militants and the Muslim Brotherhood envision God and heaven," Hattar said in one explanation.

In a second explanation, Hattar said that "as a non-believer" he respected "the believers who did not understand the satire behind the cartoon".

However, Hattar's comment about Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood, an organisation that was founded in 1945 as a political and religious group and whose members have served in the country's parliament and government, could be considered libellous, which is a crime under Jordanian law. Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood issued a statement in response to Hattar's comments that called on the government to take strong measures against those who publish seditious material that undermined national unity.

ISIL is considered a foreign illegal group under Jordanian law, and expressing any form of support for it is illegal.

'A big mistake'

"This whole controversy was politically motivated by Hattar and his opponents who took advantage of this issue to take revenge against him for his controversial and often offensive political stances," Jordanian writer Fahad al Khitan said.

Khitan described Hattar as a "fool" for "making a big mistake".

Hattar is an outspoken supporter of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and has described those who oppose the Assad regime as "terrorists" or "terrorist sympathisers". Hattar has also been an outspoken advocate of depriving Jordanians of Palestinian origin of their legal and civil rights in Jordan. He has called for an exclusive, East-Bank Jordanian identity without its Palestinian component.

Reem al Jazi, a well-known Jordanian civic activist, said Hattar had caused offence to "everyone, not just Muslims. "Hattar is a racist and bigoted individual," Jazi said, but opposed attacking the writer for being secularist or Christian.

"Hattar is not claiming to write from a Christian perspective, and is a self-proclaimed 'non-believer'," she said. "If he is to face legal consequences for his actions, it should be for accusing the Muslim Brotherhood organisation of terrorism, a libel under Jordanian law, not for sharing a cartoon," she added.

So that is his side of story?   The question is about the words of THIS LADY    Reem al Jazi,  the so-called Jordanian civic activist,  who said

"Hattar is a racist and bigoted individual,"

Was this  Nahed Hattar  A BEDOUIN  BORN  ARAB GUY A RACIST?? or did we loose  the definition and meaning of Racism?  

Well anyways.,   the end story is that cartoon is the reason why he was killed and   it appears  the end of Jordan is also near.  These IDIOTS... KINGS AND GENERALS AND DICK TRAITORS..... in Islamic land do not realize if you don't develop strong democratic institutions  ISLAMIC INSTITUTION WILL QUICKLY TAKE OVER  and move the society towards 7th century ..

Reply #2 - September 28, 2016, 01:07 PM

Jordanian cartoonist's killer confesses to murder, faces execution   says News from Dawn

AMMAN: The assailant of Jordanian writer Nahed Hattar is facing execution after confessing to shooting the victim, Alarabiya.net reported.

49-year-old Riyad Abdullah gave himself up to police after he killed Hatter, who was facing prosecution for offensive cartoons.

Abdullah was remanded for 15 days and charged with premeditated murder, a crime that is punishable by death in Jordan. After Hattar's killing, Jordanian authorities have vowed to crack down on incitement to violence on social media, AFP adds.

Jordan's Justice Minister Bassam Talhuni, quoted by official news agency Petra, said that “anyone who uses social media to spread hate speech” would face charges.

“Certain acts of incitement to hatred could be defined as terrorist crimes... and we will deal with them in accordance with anti-terrorist laws,” he said.

Earlier on Monday, hundreds of protesters took to the streets calling on the government to resign over its failure to prevent Hattar's murder.  His family says the authorities were warned of threats to Hattar's life, including from his assailant, and of personal attacks on social media but had failed to take action.

The interior ministry said Tuesday an unspecified number of arrests had been made in connection with incitement to “hatred and confessional discord” on social networking sites.

They included a social media user who set up a Facebook page campaigning for the release of Hattar's killer, who gave himself up to police at the scene and faces a charge of premeditated murder.

So Jordan is arresting people for writing in support of Nahed Hattar

News at https://www.naij.com/982009-sad-prominent-christian-killed-today-imam-insulting-islam-photos.html   with thir picture says

– Popular Jordanian writer has been shot dead by a suspected Islamist gunman

– According to reports, Nahed Hattar’s death appeared to be a religiously motivated attack

– Nahed was shot outside the courtroom where he was due to stand trial for insulting Islam by sharing a cartoon on Facebook

“It mocks terrorists and their concept of God and heaven. It does not infringe God’s divinity in anyway”

Mr Hattar said the cartoon was intended to mock jihadists and their twisted interpretation of Islam but
    Jordan’s government charged him with insulting the faith and “provoking sectarian rifts”. The writer rejected the charges and planned to fight the case.

“I am mocking the terrorists and their conception of hell and heaven,” Mr Hattar wrote shortly before his death. “I’m not insulting the supreme Allah, at all, on the contrary, I’m against the type of God that the terrorists worship

well that is the news ., at the end Jordan lost one of the prolific writers and cartoonist.. Apparently that Bearded Islamic  hero also preaches Islam in Jordan

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »