Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Life after Death

(Read 9654 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Life after Death
     OP - September 03, 2016, 07:59 PM

I don't believe in islams version of heaven/hell. But i also struggle with the thought of there being no life after death. I like the idea of some sort of life review/assessment after death then being given a chance to understand where we may have gone wrong. A chance to grow and learn more.

I want to be able to see my Father again. It all seems so pointless if there's nothing after this.

what do you believe? Do you think our souls live on?
  • Life after Death
     Reply #1 - September 03, 2016, 09:22 PM

You are not alone babooshka,  I strongly suspect this is one reason why so many folks cannot give up their religion.  Smiley
  • Life after Death
     Reply #2 - September 03, 2016, 10:43 PM

hey puzzleover  Smiley

Sure religion can be a great comfort and at times I  wish I had some sort of belief system that I could hold on to, but I just can't find one I believe in.

I've always been drawn to those new age hindu vids on youtube. they believe the soul does a life review and decides weather if wants to come back or not. Which seems to make more sense than just being fried in hot oil by an angry god for not living your life in accordance with their rules!

I've also been watching a lot of those near death experiences on youtube. It makes you wonder.....

• Life after Death
     Reply #3 - September 03, 2016, 11:50 PM

Hi babooshka :
    Sure religion can be a great comfort and at times I  wish I had some sort of belief system that I could hold on to, but I just can't find one I believe in.

Another reason for belief is that there is so much injustice in life.   Innocents get hurt and the guilty go unpunished.   There has to be some justice at least in the afterlife.

I've always been drawn to those new age hindu vids on youtube. they believe the soul does a life review and decides weather if wants to come back or not. Which seems to make more sense than just being fried in hot oil by an angry god for not living your life in accordance with their rules.

India must have been a land of plenty and peace in those days, that people had leisure to think and develop such profound concepts of time.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_units_of_time
    Vedic and Puranic texts describe units of Kala measurements, from Paramaṇu (about 17 microseconds) to Maha-Manvantara (311.04 trillion years). According to these texts, the creation and destruction of the universe is a cyclic process, which repeats itself forever. Each cycle starts with the birth and expansion (lifetime) of the Universe equaling 311.04 trillion years, followed by its complete annihilation (which also prevails for the same duration)

Not literally accurate, but impressive nonetheless.

Yet in the end.... ALL religions, including Hinduism. and even philosophy, blithely relegated half the earth's population to secondary status.  NOT impressive at all finmad  

Personally, I fell into disbelief many eons ago grin12 and have gradually accepted that my place in this vast and complex universe is no more special than the other creatures on this earth.  

I am grateful that I was born in a time, when my sex did not condemn me to a lifetime of domestic chores.   That i have relative freedom to explore such knowledge as is known at this time, to express my opinions freely.  

I appreciate my family.   I hope to pass on to my grandchildren my ability to take pleasure in  and have awe for the beauty of a tiny wildflower.  The interest and open mindedness to always learn.  And love freely and and wholeheartedly.   And so much more.

I have had good health, but when it is time to die, that's it.  I don't find that distressing any more.  

I don't know if this will depress you,  I hope not  Smiley far away hug
  • Life after Death
     Reply #4 - September 04, 2016, 06:17 AM

I shared my experience of a near death experience. 
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30263.0

The unreligion, only one calorie
  • Life after Death
     Reply #5 - September 08, 2016, 09:52 AM

thank you Bee, will check it out.
  • Life after Death
     Reply #6 - September 08, 2016, 09:59 AM

Hi babooshka :Another reason for belief is that there is so much injustice in life.   Innocents get hurt and the guilty go unpunished.   There has to be some justice at least in the afterlife.
    India must have been a land of plenty and peace in those days, that people had leisure to think and develop such profound concepts of time.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_units_of_timeNot literally accurate, but impressive nonetheless.

Yet in the end.... ALL religions, including Hinduism. and even philosophy, blithely relegated half the earth's population to secondary status.  NOT impressive at all finmad  

Personally, I fell into disbelief many eons ago grin12 and have gradually accepted that my place in this vast and complex universe is no more special than the other creatures on this earth.  

I am grateful that I was born in a time, when my sex did not condemn me to a lifetime of domestic chores.   That i have relative freedom to explore such knowledge as is known at this time, to express my opinions freely.  

I appreciate my family.   I hope to pass on to my grandchildren my ability to take pleasure in  and have awe for the beauty of a tiny wildflower.  The interest and open mindedness to always learn.  And love freely and and wholeheartedly.   And so much more.

I have had good health, but when it is time to die, that's it.  I don't find that distressing any more.  

I don't know if this will depress you,  I hope not  Smiley far away hug

aww, puzzlelover it didn't depress me.  far away hug

I think you have a pretty well adjusted healthy outlook on life. it took me years to get to where I am now. lots of louise hay and Abraham hicks. (some of us need stuff like that to lift us out of the shit). I still 'fall of the wagon' regularly until I find my next fix......last few years its been Eckhart tolle.

haven't clicked on the links but will do and get back.
  • Life after Death
     Reply #7 - September 09, 2016, 11:51 AM

It's just like turning off a TV, switch off and that's it. I find it very comforting.

I also see it as nature's blind way of giving uttermost forgiveness and mercy. it does make this life harder though, knowing nature is pure forgiveness and not just.
  • Life after Death
     Reply #8 - September 09, 2016, 08:21 PM

• Life after Death
     Reply #9 - September 09, 2016, 10:27 PM

I hope its like turning off a tv AND then finding yourself on another channel. there's just got to be something after this shit.
  • Life after Death
     Reply #10 - September 10, 2016, 04:52 PM

there's just got to be something after this shit.

• Life after Death
     Reply #11 - September 11, 2016, 11:50 AM

I cannot accept that there is just nothing after death,  mostly this is because I miss my family who have died.  Various spirits of my family I believe come back reborn as babies or into pets.  Others are allowed somehow to come in human form for a short time to help me.  Maybe I am weird.  I accept spiritualism and shamanism. 

• Life after Death
     Reply #12 - September 11, 2016, 12:36 PM

Hmm.,  CEMB forum does appears to have very very fierce intense faith heads .

I am  also a faith head., I do believe in certain things and   I have similar faith  like you guys but I have rationale and  logic behind faith  and my faith is this

"Every atom that is there  in my body will come back as life in different life forms  on this planet  millions of times for billions of years "  ..yeezevee

what do you guys think about my faith??  

Any ways  don't be stupid and don't try stupid things by believing  in silly  religious sayings  on "life after death"

I also  believe that  there are more women on this earth than men that are strong believers and that believe in silly things at any time of human life.,, .

..women....and their silly beliefs...   grin12      PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME  UP  FOR WHAT I WROTE ... i am just joking  Cheesy

boy this guy   seems to be  prophet of human agility and flexibility..  Well  I can call  him  as  " Human agility and Flexibility  Muhammad (PBUH)"

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Life after Death
     Reply #13 - September 12, 2016, 10:40 AM

Is a faith head like a crack head?   I hope not. 

The worst activity I do to get my fix is to read some scripture and attend some services.  I have been known to donate blood and knit hats for the homeless due to this addiction.  Even then this addiction gives me little official information about life after death. 

• Life after Death
     Reply #14 - September 12, 2016, 12:39 PM

Is a faith head like a crack head?   I hope not.

That is NOT a right word Bee.. let us get a right English word for  that..

The worst activity I do to get my fix is to read some scripture and attend some services.

reading  some scripture and attend some services  are  either  the worst  nor it is a fix dear Bee..

I have been known to donate blood and knit hats for the homeless due to this addiction.  Even then this addiction gives me little official information about life after death. 

That is not an addiction nor it will solve the problem of homelessness and all those your  activities are absolutely nothing to do with life after death. or the information that is out there on life after death.

• Life after Death
     Reply #15 - September 12, 2016, 07:51 PM

because i'm worth it?
  • Life after Death
     Reply #16 - September 12, 2016, 08:04 PM

I cannot accept that there is just nothing after death,  mostly this is because I miss my family who have died.  Various spirits of my family I believe come back reborn as babies or into pets.  Others are allowed somehow to come in human form for a short time to help me.  Maybe I am weird.  I accept spiritualism and shamanism. 

that's exactly how i feel. i miss my dad.

I still can't come to accept any one belief system though.

I've listened to numerous psychics and the things they come out with is insane. whenever they contact a spirit of a person that's passed over the spirit has nothing informative to say about what happens when we die. they come up with the most mundane things. like the button that fell off your cardi is behind the sofa. or jack says hello.

• Life after Death
     Reply #17 - September 12, 2016, 10:21 PM

"Every atom that is there  in my body will come back as life in different life forms  on this planet  millions of times for billions of years "  ..yeezevee

well, yeezevee, I like the idea of atoms coming back in different forms........very logical. what if each atom was a point of consciousness in itself? don't worry i'm not going all Deepak chopra.

here's an interesting tube though.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tKncAdlHQ

• Life after Death
     Reply #18 - September 13, 2016, 11:42 AM

that's exactly how i feel. i miss my dad.

I still can't come to accept any one belief system though.

I've listened to numerous psychics and the things they come out with is insane. whenever they contact a spirit of a person that's passed over the spirit has nothing informative to say about what happens when we die. they come up with the most mundane things. like the button that fell off your cardi is behind the sofa. or jack says hello.

This is honestly why I left the spiritiualist church.  It was the vague and mundane messages that the dead were supposedly giving.  Also the people coming in to get their "lucky" lottery numbers.  I had experienced a few times where there were some very important messages or healing bit that was rare.   But more often times these vague messages were leading one down a rabbit chase of false hopes and adventures. 

So either we as humans have lost the connection or the shamanism tradition was never very strong.  From my experience I cannot doubt that these miracles happen but anyone who claims to control their "powers" is most likely a fraud.   It is not a tap that can be turned off and on. 

• Life after Death
     Reply #19 - September 13, 2016, 01:13 PM

well, yeezevee, I like the idea of atoms coming back in different forms........very logical.

Hello babooshka ., Not only what I said is  very logical  but also I AM VERY CERTAIN that I can experimentally  prove that "Atoms from one form of life can easily be transported to other forms of life including  to human beings "

take that as allahgod revelation   Cheesy .. well that is simple common sense.  .,now coming to this IDIOT
    what if each atom was a point of consciousness in itself? don't worry i'm not going all Deepak chopra.

I am very allergic to educate fools who absolutely have no background of high school physics but talks and uses Quantum mechanics to sell their snake oil. , Really they are intelligent criminals of modern times...

any way today I am in to the music of  Yma Sumac

and I tell you I  understand NOTHING what she is singing but I still love her voice and the gist in that voice ., She was born in  1922, died in  2008),  a Peruvian soprano. Apparently in  1950s, she was one of the most famous for her  exotica music.  and..and it is same with Arabic songs..sonnets and poem..

In fact not just with Arabic . but any language  ... including birds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y 

Ha!  that is nature at its best .,  So again If you mention the names of such scoundrels as DEEP  AKCHOP ., I will  act and write posts worse than those baboons of  Islam act and write   Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Life after Death
     Reply #20 - September 14, 2016, 02:08 PM

i dont know about that souls but this energy will transform into different consciousness i think
  • Life after Death
     Reply #21 - September 14, 2016, 02:23 PM

i dont know about that souls but this energy will transform into different consciousness i think

Hello Aftab.,glad to see you here ,   glad to read you ..and how are you doing?   well when we give such statements  we need to define those three words  and their inter relationship .  Energy is such a word  it could be millions of electrons traveling billions of miles through electrical wiring all over the globe  or it could be thermal energy that stems from solar/ nuclear/ burning coal/ geothermal/ magnetic/friction between two solids  or or  burning people / burning desires or simply  it could be fever increasing temperature of the body  Cheesy

so energy  is definable, inter transferable complex system  that is difficult to  couple  to souls dolls and consciousness .. whatever they may be..  but yours also is one of the exploitable / explorable  hypothesis ...lol..

with best regards
    yeezevee

• Life after Death
     Reply #22 - September 14, 2016, 02:48 PM

I've always been drawn to those new age hindu vids on youtube. they believe the soul does a life review and decides weather if wants to come back or not. Which seems to make more sense than just being fried in hot oil by an angry god for not living your life in accordance with their rules!

helloooooo  babooshka  .,it is ok to get drawn towards something  that looks,  feels,  sounds attractive but these words
    they believe the soul does   a  life review and decides weather if wants to come back or not.

which  employs .. there is something called "SOUL DOLL" and it does a life review (I guess Past life) is a can/canard with  full can of warms .. you open it you will have to face million questions..,

So I am sorry to say., whether it is fairy tale or  brutal tale ..  they are just monkeys with tails Cheesy ., Their tails may have been taken away by biological evolution  but..but Cheesy  they are still monkeys

off course there is absolutely nothing wrong to live like a monkey  

• Life after Death
     Reply #23 - September 17, 2016, 01:24 PM

Honestly Yeezevee I give you a beautiful youtube on the double slit exp and you give me some operatic diva?

I'm in a humongous hurry right now but I will deal with you and chopra later!

in the meantime ..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nSFSzcGvA

• Life after Death
     Reply #24 - September 17, 2016, 01:59 PM

Honestly Yeezevee I give you a beautiful youtube on the double slit exp and you give me some operatic diva?

in the meantime ..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nSFSzcGvA

I love  those Malaysian, Indonesian Japanese  girly   songs   babooshka .,    Cheesy  but that Lyre bird imitation is equally impressive

I'm in a humongous hurry right now but I will deal with you and chopra later!

You mean to say I am in trouble? Huh?  Noo..no...no  babooshka  first  deal with that  Indian guy CHOP  .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-I5KYcEEPs

well that fellow is better off selling his Indian snake oil mixed with Quantum mechanics sermons to his American followers..

• Life after Death
     Reply #25 - September 20, 2016, 11:43 PM

no, your not in trouble. I had hurriedly read your comments about 'women and their silly beliefs." but I've just re-read it and you're smilies saved you!

right, on to Deepak. if you read back my comment you'll see I was just kidding. personally, I've never purchased any of his stuff and I think he's biggest mistake was to take on the smug sam harris. the thing is, its like oil and water. the two will never mix. I think dawkins also took him on. maybe he was wrong in using terms like quantum healing but he's not the first. there are plenty out there in the new age circle using the same words. he's a wordsmith. and I love the way he pronounces consciousness.

That said, I've nothing against people like Deepak chopra. there is a need out there for his types of beliefs. it fills a gap and its comforting. Its like a safety net. I've brought loads of new age stuff on my journey and I never 100% believe in any one theory. I use it as a stepping stone to........I don't know...next stage of my personal development. (or deviancy as my mother calls it).

you've gone from belief to non belief. am I right? well, some of us can't make such a huge leap otherwise we might burn up.

not sure if I've made any sense but I need to sleep now cos i'll be fighting with transdimentional monkeys in my dreams. They're intent on taking over this world. if I don't wake up it means they've got me!
  • Life after Death
     Reply #26 - November 06, 2016, 11:25 PM

this is an good vid. theres some loop glitch going on the first few seconds but do persevere - its interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Khi2mkZIs
  • Life after Death
     Reply #27 - November 09, 2016, 02:40 AM

Accepting the finality of my own existence is something I've come to terms with. I don't believe in life after death or reincarnation or any of that. I think that when I die, I will simply cease to be. All of existence is experienced only by virtue I am a conscious being. I am the universe experiencing itself, and when I die, the world dies with me. I'm not so special or unique that I should be provided a table at eternity. I'm a tiny insignificant bit of carbon and the universe owes me nothing.

Think of all the people who have lived and died. Imagine them. great philosophers and scientists and emperors and soldiers and warriors and Kings. Prophets and architects and poets and revolutionaries. Rock stars and teachers and explores and scholars. Husbands and wives. Mothers and fathers. Brothers and sisters. Sons and daughters. The billions of people just like you who are lost to history. How many of their names do you know?

Does it matter that these people are gone? They were real. They existed. They lived and loved and laughed and cried and won and lost and each and every one of them mattered. They had their time. Now we have ours. And one day the page will turn, our chapters will end and a billion new chapters of those who don't even exist yet will start, and it will say they lived and loved and laughed and cried and won and lost and each and every one of them mattered.

I'm not afraid of a life that ultimately ends, I'm afraid of a life wasted. Life is a gift none of us asked for but all of us possess, and I don't want to be an old man on my deathbed looking regretfully on a life of missed opportunities. But nor do I think often about my own death. What's the point? When I am, death is not. When death is, I am not. What matters most are lives lived, happiness gained and legacy. I can wallow in self pity about those I loved dying or I can be grateful I had the chance to know them.

I can look at the clock and count every second, see each tick as one more second of life gone, one second more closer to the end, or I can take advantage of the time I do have. You can live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person. Don't dread the clock and don't worry needlessly. Years, lovers and glasses of wine. These things should never be counted.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Life after Death
     Reply #28 - November 13, 2016, 10:30 PM

you speak wise words Quod and I can't argue with any of that. It all makes sense..........but I want to believe in a better afterlife because this life is full of shit. I lost my dad a few months ago and I can't believe i'm never going to see him again. I know I'm not the only one whos lost a parent but it hurts. This planet has got be some kind of lunatic asylum- just look around you I can't wait to get off it. I'm glad dignitas is there.
  • Life after Death
     Reply #29 - November 14, 2016, 07:50 AM

Accepting the finality of my own existence is something I've come to terms with. I don't believe in life after death or reincarnation or any of that. I think that when I die, I will simply cease to be. All of existence is experienced only by virtue I am a conscious being. I am the universe experiencing itself, and when I die, the world dies with me. I'm not so special or unique that I should be provided a table at eternity. I'm a tiny insignificant bit of carbon and the universe owes me nothing.

Think of all the people who have lived and died. Imagine them. great philosophers and scientists and emperors and soldiers and warriors and Kings. Prophets and architects and poets and revolutionaries. Rock stars and teachers and explores and scholars. Husbands and wives. Mothers and fathers. Brothers and sisters. Sons and daughters. The billions of people just like you who are lost to history. How many of their names do you know?

Does it matter that these people are gone? They were real. They existed. They lived and loved and laughed and cried and won and lost and each and every one of them mattered. They had their time. Now we have ours. And one day the page will turn, our chapters will end and a billion new chapters of those who don't even exist yet will start, and it will say they lived and loved and laughed and cried and won and lost and each and every one of them mattered.

I'm not afraid of a life that ultimately ends, I'm afraid of a life wasted. Life is a gift none of us asked for but all of us possess, and I don't want to be an old man on my deathbed looking regretfully on a life of missed opportunities. But nor do I think often about my own death. What's the point? When I am, death is not. When death is, I am not. What matters most are lives lived, happiness gained and legacy. I can wallow in self pity about those I loved dying or I can be grateful I had the chance to know them.

I can look at the clock and count every second, see each tick as one more second of life gone, one second more closer to the end, or I can take advantage of the time I do have. You can live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person. Don't dread the clock and don't worry needlessly. Years, lovers and glasses of wine. These things should never be counted.

That's so achingly beautiful Qoud

Hi
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »