Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why I will never compliment a Hijabi again

(Read 2474 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why I will never compliment a Hijabi again
     OP - August 19, 2016, 01:19 PM

I was at the mall.  I am used to seeing hijabis where I live, all sorts.  I dislike the niquab or any face covering. I got hissed at by some woman wearing a traditional mask niqab.  I have honestly seen women wearing what looks like an old dyed diaper on their head as a scarf, raggy, stained, no self respect or they just hate the hijab so much.  Take it off then.

I did see this one woman who looked really put together.  She was wearing an attractive colourful headscarf and long embroidered coat.  I smiled and complimented her on her coat.  It was so beautiful I wanted to know where she bought it.  She responded by having a total rant at my clothing a knee length skirt, tshirt and I usually wore some type of hat in those days.  I told her my husband was fine with what I wore.  She ranted on and the store clerk called over security.  She quickly left.  The security guard looked at me like I was doing something wrong.  I asked the store clerk if she heard what I said and what the woman said to me.  So I just left then. 

The unreligion, only one calorie
     Reply #1 - August 19, 2016, 03:02 PM

Lol she hissed. What is she a snake?

I do find that a lot of them are condescending, on a horse and have the general cognitive dissonance. But the hijab and the derivatives of it are almost fashion statements now.

Not all hijabis are the same sister!!

For example:

http://imgur.com/a/3jKvW

&

http://i.imgur.com/rv2qi3t.jpg

Reply #2 - August 19, 2016, 05:20 PM

Well if I met a hijabi wearing a burberry headscarf, with henna tattoo, a nose ring and drinking and smoking, I might want to be friends with her.  She might not want to be friends with me because I don't drink or smoke, don't have henna tattoos and don't have nose ring.  I don't even wear a headscarf.

For women forced to wear a headscarf (because husband or family would really freak out) and really an ex-muslim at heart, please get some nonmuslim friends.  I would really like to be friends with you. 

Reply #3 - August 19, 2016, 05:47 PM

Lol she hissed. What is she a snake?

I do find that a lot of them are condescending, on a horse and have the general cognitive dissonance. But the hijab and the derivatives of it are almost fashion statements now.

Not all hijabis are the same sister!!

For example:

http://imgur.com/a/3jKvW

&

http://i.imgur.com/rv2qi3t.jpg

That's how you compensate "modest clothing"   Cheesy

Reply #4 - August 19, 2016, 06:27 PM

That's how you compensate "modest clothing"   Cheesy

https://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/10/04/121210.html

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - August 20, 2016, 01:29 AM

I was at the mall.  I am used to seeing hijabis where I live, all sorts.  I dislike the niquab or any face covering. I got hissed at by some woman wearing a traditional mask niqab.  I have honestly seen women wearing what looks like an old dyed diaper on their head as a scarf, raggy, stained, no self respect or they just hate the hijab so much.  Take it off then.

I did see this one woman who looked really put together.  She was wearing an attractive colourful headscarf and long embroidered coat.  I smiled and complimented her on her coat.  It was so beautiful I wanted to know where she bought it.  She responded by having a total rant at my clothing a knee length skirt, tshirt and I usually wore some type of hat in those days.  I told her my husband was fine with what I wore.  She ranted on and the store clerk called over security.  She quickly left.  The security guard looked at me like I was doing something wrong.  I asked the store clerk if she heard what I said and what the woman said to me.  So I just left then. 

That woman ought to be ashamed of herself, wearing an attractive coat in public. She knew she had done something wrong as soon as you complimented her. That was her fear of the fire driving her rant. She had no haya, haya nishta.  She ought to try to be like those diaper headed women. If she is going to leave the house at all she ought to cover her adornments.
    So I have been told.

Some of that was sarcasm, and some of that was the voice of my former ummah.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #6 - August 22, 2016, 11:07 AM

Trying not to attract attention or particularly the attraction of men, some of these women wear the most eye makeup, painted nails, tight clothing although their hair is covered, non-opaque headscarves.  It is rather the headscarf, niqab etc are symbols of islam rather than about modesty.  If people do not want to stand out as in "not attracting attention"  then they would wear boring versions of whatever one else is wearing or "not diaper head".   

The manner in which people interact with others is more about what modesty is about than how people dress.  Nonverbal communication is used in flirting between prospective sexual partners than what colours people wear. 

Reply #7 - August 23, 2016, 01:58 AM

Common sense and religious tradition are rarely in accordance, though. You are espousing common sense. This is very rarely applied by Muslims to the issue of women´s clothing.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »