Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Two assailants took hostages in a church in France

(Read 4562 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Two assailants took hostages in a church in France
     OP - July 26, 2016, 09:49 AM

Two men who took several people hostage in a church in France's northern Normandy region have been "neutralised", the French interior ministry said Tuesday.

Police sources said between four and six people had been held by the assailants in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, a southern suburb of Rouen located 128 kilometres north-west of Paris.

It was not immediately clear if the assailants had been killed or taken alive during a police operation.

One hostage had been killed, according to police.

RTL radio quoted emergency services as saying several people had been injured in the incident.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160726-assailants-take-hostages-church-near-french-city-rouen
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2016, 10:58 AM

Both assailants are dead. They killed one of the hostages, a priest (allegedly beheaded, over the age of 80)

http://www.euronews.com/2016/07/26/french-police-kill-assailants-after-hostages-held-in-normandy-church

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #2 - July 26, 2016, 11:31 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/two-men-with-knifes-take-hostages-in-normandy-church/
    Knifemen 'slit priest's throat' in Normandy church
    Attackers had taken 86-year-old priest, two nuns and others hostage
    Police shot both assailants shortly after

ha! they slit the throat of a  priest who  was  86  yer old.,  that is Jacques Hamel, 86

Ha!  that is classic act of  BRUTAL RABID DOGS OF ISLAM to cast terror in the heart of those who are priests of other faiths or even other sects with in Islam. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - July 26, 2016, 12:10 PM

Sick bastards.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - July 26, 2016, 01:30 PM

With all these events I am afraid of backlash against innocent and stupid ignorant muslims who are good people but just too busy doing daily prayers and rituals to apostate themselves.  Yeah?  Some people's family here?  Could have been some of my stupid family in that church.  If the violence continues to escalate then everyone is at risk. 

How to stop it? 

The unreligion, only one calorie
     Reply #5 - July 26, 2016, 02:17 PM

With all these events I am afraid of backlash against innocent and stupid ignorant muslims who are good people but just too busy doing daily prayers and rituals to apostate themselves.

that is where the problems comes to me also  "in criticizing Islam personal faith which will hit normal Muslim folks and criticizing Islam, a political religion,faith of   baboons,   preaching idiots along Islamic politics ..

Yes criticizing Islam is a double edged sword..  and one has select right words at right time.   

If the violence continues to escalate then everyone is at risk. 

How to stop it?

No..no.. no you are wrong Bee., It will stop   it is just that people like you have to work at it   every moment of life 

Reply #6 - July 26, 2016, 02:39 PM

Everybody is already at risk.  I can foresee some American nut carrying out a massacre at a Sikh temple in the near future thinking he's sticking it to the muzzies.   Europe probably won't react as violently, but there's no doubt the extreme right will benefit.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - July 26, 2016, 03:57 PM

ARIFKASAMabout 2 hours ago

This is not understandable why would a terrorist take hostage and get killed, three people can kill number of people and run away, in my opinion it is a plot to degrade Muslims either By ISIS or somebody using their name, as Islam teaches us to be nice to its enemies also. Most of the terrorist are non practicing Muslims with criminal backgrounds

http://www.dawn.com/news/1273318/elderly-priest-killed-in-french-church-two-attackers-neutralised

well between 2001 to   2011   I used to read so many of such responses on similar news  fromland of pure  but now in 2016 I am reading only one out of 15 or so responses and that i think is a great progress ..Thanks to US of A for eliminating the heros  of Islam Osama bin Ladens and his types

Reply #8 - July 26, 2016, 04:24 PM

A Catholic priest was forced to kneel by two men armed with knives before they slit his throat, according to a nun who witnessed the deadly attack.
    The killers of 86-year-old Father Jacques Hamel also filmed the murder at the parish church in Normandy.

http://news.sky.com/story/slain-priest-forced-to-kneel-before-throat-cut-10512914

Soldiers of Daesh apparently.  Worthless scumbags, I wish there was a hell so they could rot in it.

Reply #9 - July 26, 2016, 05:38 PM

With all these events I am afraid of backlash against innocent and stupid ignorant muslims who are good people but just too busy doing daily prayers and rituals...

That's precisely what ISIS are hoping to cause and it sadly does seem they will get what they want.

How to stop it? 

No way to stop it in the short term, I'm afraid. We're in for more of this barbaric madness.

But ISIS will lose in the long term. Of that I have no doubt.
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2016, 08:38 PM

I think they want people to retaliate to their terror. would it be a good idea if there wasn't so much news coverage? they thrive on attention.
     Reply #11 - July 26, 2016, 08:40 PM

I can't believe what what human can do to another.
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2016, 08:40 PM

THE FACE OF EVIL The vilwith in Islam ., it is 19 year old teen

A 19 year old teen ‘filmed himself forcing Catholic priest, 84, to kneel before cutting his throat after performing sermon in Arabic’. Adel Kermiche was tonight named as one of two men who recorded the sickening murder while repeatedly shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ at the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, near Rouen.  A nun was also left fighting for her life after the attack during which 84-year-old Father Jacques Hamel was made to kneel before his throat was slit with a knife.

A third suspect was arrested after the ‘bearded’ attackers were shot and killed while emerging from the Catholic church at 11am. Grisly images emerged this evening of an attacker’s body lying in the church grounds guarded by a police officer. Emerging pictures of Kermiche – who was a well-known extremist to French authorities – wearing a hat bearing an Algeria emblem.

well that is one face

The second attacker who was shot dead alongside Kermiche as not yet been identified.,Another face

Police arrest a man during a raid after the church slaying

well those are the heroes of Islamic state ?
    Are they really trained by those rogues of Islam that wander around Syria and Iraq?
     I am not sure .,   

well this is what link says
    Supporters of the depraved death cult are celebrating the horrific attack at the church which was reportedly on a terrorist ‘hit list’ which it is claimed French police have known about since April 2015 – following the arrest of an extremist in Paris last year.

The astonishing revelation – made on French news channel I-Tele – claims one of the terrorists lived close to the church and fled to Syria in 2015 to join the Islamic State, but was arrested in Turkey.

He was jailed for terrorist offences following a short trial in France, before being released on March 2 this year.

Bail conditions included returning to live with his parents, wearing an electronic tag, and reporting to his local police station. French president Francois Hollande – who was born in nearby Rouen – arrived in the town following the attack and said the men “claimed to be from” ISIS and reiterated that France is at war with the terror group.

Reply #13 - July 26, 2016, 08:44 PM

I think they want people to retaliate to their terror. would it be a good idea if there wasn't so much news coverage? they thrive on attention.

No that i snot a good idea  babooshka.,  problems  don not get solved by assuming that there are no problems.,

these are  stupid 18 year old kids., one must explore and expose the root causes that made them to do this and eliminate that cancerous brain inside their skull..

Reply #14 - July 26, 2016, 08:59 PM

Father Jacques Hamel: 'A good priest … who did his job to the very end'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmrRH7bKpM

Described as modest, dedicated and always available for his parishioners, Father Jacques Hamel, 86, who was murdered in his Normandy church while celebrating morning mass, had been retired for nearly a decade.

He still officiated regularly as auxiliary at the church in St Étienne-du-Rouvray, near Rouen, and in neighbouring Elbeuf, local media reported, stepping in when the parish’s regular priest, Father Auguste Moanda-Phuati, was busy. Born in the same département of Seine-Maritime in 1930 and ordained in 1958, Hamel spent most of his working life in north-west France, including more than 30 years at St-Étienne. He celebrated 50 years in the clergy in 2008.

After officially retiring at 75, he had asked to remain in the parish and continue to help when necessary, the archdiocese of Rouen said. “This man was a good man,” said the president of the regional council, Hervé Morin.

Parishioners said they were devastated by the murder. “My family have been here for 35 years and we have always known him,” the manager of a beauty parlour down the road from the church told L’Express magazine.

Reply #15 - July 27, 2016, 12:22 AM

That's precisely what ISIS are hoping to cause and it sadly does seem they will get what they want.

No way to stop it in the short term, I'm afraid. We're in for more of this barbaric madness.

But ISIS will lose in the long term. Of that I have no doubt.

It is also what xenophobes that are against "foreigners" that are not like "us" enough want. All their supposed views become justified due to the acts of a few.

It is horrible how many can see some sort of benefit/support for their goals from human suffering. Human suffering becomes a "talking point" or worse their "meal ticket"
     Reply #16 - July 27, 2016, 11:32 AM

I wonder how much of this type of terrorism is due to youth being groomed online. 

Reply #17 - July 27, 2016, 11:52 AM

I wonder how much of this type of terrorism is due to youth being groomed online.  

How can any one groom online if it is not there in the original religious rubbish?? first these religious bums need to clean their books .,  for that the first step is  educating the school kids with a simple statement that many here and that  CEMB Hassan often says .

"that these so-called scriptures  are NOT word of god/allah/some voodoo doll .,these religious books are books of their time with some silly stories and with some real history attached to them"

But this case really a negligence on part of French Governance  telegraph.co.uk

that stupid brutal  rogue Adel Kermiche was on a watch list as a potential threat to national security

One of the terrorists who cut the throat of a village priest in an attack claimed by Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (Isil) had been turned back from Syria and was under police supervision, wearing an electronic tag.

French police and intelligence services were last night under intense scrutiny, after it emerged that one of the killers, named as Adel Kermiche, was known to have been radicalised and was on a watch list as a potential threat to national security.

It was also last night reported that the church had been on a “hit list” found on a 24-year-old Algerian jihadi who had planned attacks last year in a Parisian suburb. Sid Ahmed Ghlam, a computer sciences student, was arrested by French police who are investigating whether he was directed to carry out attacks on churches by Isil.

Kermiche, 19, began making contact with radicals on the internet after the Charlie Hebdo and kosher supermarket attacks in January 2015 and came to authorities’ attention when he tried to help a teenager from Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray join Isil.

He also twice attempted to go to Syria himself, but was arrested once in Munich and later sent back from Turkey to Geneva, where he was charged with “criminal association in connection with terrorism”.

He was returned to France and held in custody for 10 months. In March this year, he was released and tagged, after the public prosecutor appealed unsuccessfully against his release.

there is so much tell tale sign with this rogue and French Authorities do nothing??

Reply #18 - July 28, 2016, 09:00 PM

The mother of one of them said her son was "not the monster.  He was soft".  Did she fail as a parent?

More about the family.  They are educated. His sister is a doctor and the mother is a professor.  Their son and brother turns out to be a murderer.  He tried to run off to Syria using the ID of other people in his family.  The family tried to stop him from going to Syria. 

Was the family supposed to supervising him as a surety?  The mother said she thought he was going to stay with a cousin.  So really they were unable to supervise him properly even if he had a monitoring device on him it only worked for part of the day. 

The judicial and prison system is mostly fair but it is expensive.  It also assumes that  people want to reform.  This youth had a second chance and now he is dead. 

Tragic. 

Reply #19 - July 28, 2016, 09:13 PM

Anyone who knows Muslims knows how some (not all) can hold really nasty views despite being gentle and educated.
     Reply #20 - July 28, 2016, 10:05 PM

The mother of one of them said her son was "not the monster.  He was soft".  Did she fail as a parent?

More about the family.  They are educated. His sister is a doctor and the mother is a professor.  Their son and brother turns out to be a murderer.  He tried to run off to Syria using the ID of other people in his family.  The family tried to stop him from going to Syria. 

Was the family supposed to supervising him as a surety?  The mother said she thought he was going to stay with a cousin.  So really they were unable to supervise him properly even if he had a monitoring device on him it only worked for part of the day. 

The judicial and prison system is mostly fair but it is expensive.  It also assumes that  people want to reform.  This youth had a second chance and now he is dead. 

Tragic. 

At time parents are blind to the person they children actually becomes. Many still see their children in a stage of innocence or a mental image of what the parents wants their children to be rather than what they are 
     Reply #21 - August 06, 2016, 02:10 PM

So  on   that news of BRUTAL ROGUES OF ISLAM slitting the throat of   86 year old  Christian priest Father Jacques Hamel, ,   the news  says

Thousands attend funeral of Father Jacques Hamel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssED5_BUok

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36950521

The attackers - Abdel Malik Petitjean and Adel Kermiche - had both pledged allegiance to so-called Islamic State.  The pair, both aged 19, were shot dead by police after taking hostages.

A cousin of Petitjean has been arrested on suspicion of knowing he was planning the attack. Another man has been put under formal investigation for allegedly attempting to travel to Syria with Petitjean.
    The attack on Father Hamel at a place of worship stunned France. It came shortly after the Bastille Day attack in Nice which left 84 people dead.

As part of its fight against radicalisation, the French government has announced the closure of 20 mosques. It is also planning a new foundation to provide alternative funding for Islamic places of worship, amid concerns about the influence of Saudi Arabia's ultra-conservative Wahhabi version of Islam.

A group of prominent Muslims backed the plan, writing in the Journal du Dimanche (JDD) (in French) that "we must speak up now because Islam has become a public issue and the current situation is intolerable". "A Foundation for Islam in France was set up more than 10 years ago and now it is time to reactivate it," they said.

"It has never worked properly... but now it should be empowered to collect donations."

well  i  will wait another 10 years to see the results of  group of  that prominent Muslims  but you prominent Muslims at least watch that video ..  it is good to learn  from others and other faiths...

Reply #22 - August 07, 2016, 12:56 PM

This terrible violence has negatively affected so many people's lives: the victims, their families, friends, the community, the attackers and their families.  These youths will be locked up for how many years?  They have thrown their lives away.  The people who are killed will never have their lives back.  Their families lost them. 

Read also what the Dali Lama says about war.  Every soldier killed causes at least twenty or more other people to suffer. 

Blame the Saudi wahhabis but other muslims were tolerating their teachings.  The Bosnian muslims do not want them.  The amhadyi muslims do their own. 

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »