Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unwrapped candy

(Read 12161 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Unwrapped candy
     OP - July 18, 2016, 03:03 PM

Ever heard the hijab described as wrapping up candy?  The unwrapped candy gets covered with flies and filth.  Would you want to eat that?

I have autism so I tend to visual these concepts graphically. So I just asked to the man why he wanted to lick me.  He went away. 

The unreligion, only one calorie
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #1 - July 18, 2016, 03:08 PM

Ever heard the hijab described as wrapping up candy?  The unwrapped candy gets covered with flies and filth.  Would you want to eat that?

hmmmmmmm...

did Bee do this??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #2 - July 18, 2016, 03:14 PM

I would not have to do an experiment to understand that candy can get sticky if that is what you are asking. But more likely that lollypop gets covered with ants than flies.  Meat on a stick gets covered with flies.

I got told the fresh meat and cats story for hijab too.  But i told the man that Men are not cats and I am not a piece of meat.  Comparing women to meat is just degrading whether they are covered or not.  So I had to wonder if when his wife took a shower if all the neighbourhood cats were gathering around their windows because of her meat smell.  She could not leave the house because all the dogs would chase her. 

My autistic brain is very entertaining. 

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #3 - July 18, 2016, 03:36 PM

Watch this Bee (btw he's my son in law):

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fqomNUAS6ac
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #4 - July 18, 2016, 06:36 PM

The video was not too funny.  I should look at some other videos he has made.

Maybe take the hijabi and roll her around in the dirt and see what sticks.  Get this new teflon coated hijab cloth, nothing sticks.  No dirt on that lollypop.  Just ask if you can have a lick from those sexy hijab covered women. 

I hate fuzzy kiwis.  Some guys should shave their faces and some other parts.  Some naked kiwis are breath-taking. 

Seriously.  I am for choice.  If women feel better dressing modestly and even covering their hair, fine.  Not forced to do that.  Then I do see these young women with the big headscarf and their thong underwear sticking out the back of their jeans.  There is some contradiction there. 

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #5 - July 18, 2016, 07:58 PM

The candy wrapper comparison is a really bad one!

Normally when you wrap candy, you use a colorful and inviting wrapper that presents the delicious morsel as interesting as possibly.

Any food that is delivered in a big black bag, is likely to be spoiled and meant for the dogs or the pigs.

Nuff said!
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #6 - July 18, 2016, 08:18 PM

The candy wrapper comparison is a really bad one!

Normally when you wrap candy, you use a colorful and inviting wrapper that presents the delicious morsel as interesting as possibly.

Any food that is delivered in a big black bag, is likely to be spoiled and meant for the dogs or the pigs.

Nuff said!

No..no..........noooooooooooo...

any food including meat  that is delivered in a big tough  black bag, evacuated from oxygen and no bacteria enters it .. sealed perfectly will stay for a long time.. all most forever  ., that is how astronauts pack their food...

The problem is NOT individual who prefer to wrap themselves in burqa or a black tent.,   There are other untold problems they create in these modern times...   and that Burqa is nothing to do with Islam ., or that original preacher Muhammad., since beginning  of Islam Idiots like this one popularized it with their thoughtless stubborn thinking against the norm of society along with preachers of Islam that acts like 7th century baboons

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #7 - July 18, 2016, 10:30 PM

So what is the difference between Islam and 50 Cent's song "Candy Shop"? They both objectify women into candy.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #8 - July 18, 2016, 10:59 PM

If I hear another man describe a woman as a piece of candy, I will punch him.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #9 - July 18, 2016, 11:31 PM

So what is the difference between Islam and 50 Cent's song "Candy Shop"? They both objectify women into candy.

Bogart, you're not seriously equating a major 1400 year old universal religion, with a rapper ?   Huh?
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #10 - July 18, 2016, 11:43 PM

Correction: I'm equating it with a song, not a rapper. Maybe Mo is the rapper.

And I'm not bogart.
  • Re: Unwrapped candy
     Reply #11 - July 19, 2016, 12:32 AM

Correction: I'm equating it with a song, not a rapper. Maybe Mo is the rapper.

And I'm not bogart.

Sorry, Absurdist, my apologies; what was I reading Cry

Anyway,  I've heard of 50cent, but have never listened to any of his songs. I know rap has a bad rap {poor pun  Wink )of being misogynistic, and no doubt misogyny is alive and well world wide,   That being said, such a comparison IMHO, sets the bar low for a major world religion.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #12 - July 19, 2016, 12:35 AM

A major world religion that reduces women to candy.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #13 - July 19, 2016, 02:33 AM

Misogyny I think is incredibly widespread, even beyond Islam. Even though it is an appalling analogy to make, similar ones are made by people who aren't Muslim when it comes to things like "modesty", "purity", etc that are necessary when one makes a commodity of women. And of course there's the other end of the spectrum of objectification, in which women are reduced to the hedonic value they create for men. Disgusting throughout.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #14 - July 19, 2016, 10:48 AM

Yes we've all heard the candy analogy. Disturbing as ever.

Even as a child I was able to ask "why are you comparing women to candy?"
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #15 - July 19, 2016, 01:02 PM

Bogart, you're not seriously equating a major 1400 year old universal religion, with a rapper ?   Huh?

sorry to delete your words and correct you  puzzlelover..

It is NOT universal religion., it is stupid faith., there is NO universal religion.,and that goes to even humanism if it becomes a faith of future ..

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #16 - July 19, 2016, 01:05 PM

A woman is an orange. You need to peel her, in order to release the juicy contents.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #17 - July 19, 2016, 01:08 PM

A woman is an orange. You need to peel her, in order to release the juicy contents.

huh! what??  did you do that?   what are you INcePtion??

thanks allah.. thanks gaood.  you didn't  say word "SQUEEZE"  in that statement along with juice

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #18 - July 19, 2016, 02:07 PM

Yes we've all heard the candy analogy. Disturbing as ever.

Even as a child I was able to ask "why are you comparing women to candy?"

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #19 - July 19, 2016, 02:08 PM

Misogyny I think is incredibly widespread, even beyond Islam. Even though it is an appalling analogy to make, similar ones are made by people who aren't Muslim when it comes to things like "modesty", "purity", etc that are necessary when one makes a commodity of women. And of course there's the other end of the spectrum of objectification, in which women are reduced to the hedonic value they create for men. Disgusting throughout.

True, but I was surprised that Absurdist made it.  His posts are usually have more depth.   That's a compliment Absurdist !  Smiley
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #20 - July 19, 2016, 02:10 PM

sorry to delete your words and correct you  puzzlelover..

It is NOT universal religion., it is stupid faith., there is NO universal religion.,and that goes to even humanism if it becomes a faith of future ..

It makes the claim for itself, so one should use the claim to hold it to a higher standard.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #21 - July 19, 2016, 02:30 PM

True, but I was surprised that Absurdist made it.  His posts are usually have more depth.   That's a compliment Absurdist !  Smiley

I don't have an obligation to meet some kind of post quality standard.

Besides, the comparison works for what it is. I didn't equate Islam with a song in everything, or even in everything to do with women. But Islam treats women like they're candy, and the song treats women like they're candy. And that's exactly what I said.

The shock factor is part of the reason I made the comparison. I want people to take it in and realize how fucked up Islam is in its treatment of women, about as fucked up as a disgustigly misogynistic and degrading song.

You don't even have an argument besides "You can't compare a major world religion to a song." Well I did. So I'm not sure if your argument is against me or how fucked up Islam is in its treatment of women.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #22 - July 19, 2016, 02:31 PM

It makes the claim for itself,    so one should use the claim to hold it to a higher standard.

no..no.. you can not do that and you should not do that ., that appears as if you are using it to Insult Islam...

who claims?  the book or the baboons of Islam? I know that book doesn't say that directly.,  and  I don't think any smart well educated Muslim guy/girl says  that ..

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #23 - July 19, 2016, 03:40 PM

Islam is not on its own when it comes to treating women as objects to be owned and controlled, and even Islam doesn't say that women should be wrapped up like candy.

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do.
    And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigor, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.
    (Quran 24:30-31 Pickthall)

Which, loosely translated, means cover your boobs, and don't make 'em jiggle when you walk, but you can show them to your dad or brother, and almost any other male or female family member, slave, or elderly attendants.

However, it's the people who have gone the complete wrong way in this, and imposed their misogyny upon the translations to force women into wrappers.

Dammit. You guys got me defending the Quran. Not something I do often 001_tongue

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #24 - July 19, 2016, 03:50 PM

.............Dammit. You guys got me defending the Quran. Not something I do often 001_tongue

envixer  as a book of  Arabic songs, sonnets, poems.  and stories for children  and..and book of its time i will defend that book all the time ., So it is ok to defend it

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #25 - July 19, 2016, 05:10 PM

The candy analogy is just that. Most of us heard it from some bearded dawah giver or some 'inspirational' quote online.

I don't think anyone said it was from the Quran, correct me if I'm wrong of course.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #26 - July 19, 2016, 05:22 PM

Nor did I say it's from the Quran. I'm taking Islam to mean the religious practice of Muslims. If a dawah dude says something, that's a part of Islam. Your dawah dude is 50 Cent.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #27 - July 19, 2016, 05:51 PM

no..no.. you can not do that and you should not do that ., that appears as if you are using it to Insult Islam...

who claims?  the book or the baboons of Islam? I know that book doesn't say that directly.,  and  I don't think any smart well educated Muslim guy/girl says  that ..

Unfortunately, yeez, the voices which seem to dominate the news nowadays are not the nice folk referred to in the bolded type.   

• Unwrapped candy
     Reply #28 - July 19, 2016, 05:54 PM

Islam is not a monolith. When I say Islam teaches this or that, in no way am I implying that that's what all Muslims teach or believe in.
  • Unwrapped candy
     Reply #29 - July 19, 2016, 06:23 PM

envixer  as a book of  Arabic songs, sonnets, poems.  and stories for children  and..and book of its time i will defend that book all the time ., So it is ok to defend it

Yeah. It's definitely a book of it's time. Smiley

The biggest problem with Muslim societies today is that most of them have twisted the rulings of the Quran to make Islam something it's not. It was frustrating when I was a Muslim, and it's frustrating because I know many good people who are Muslims who struggle with trying to shoehorn their lives into an ever decreasing list of things that are allowed.

Makes me mad.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »