Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Challenge

(Read 27595 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Challenge
     Reply #90 - June 27, 2016, 05:56 AM

You can't prove that a higher being exists which created the universe. Nor can you disprove it. When science advances to the point where we have concrete answers in relation to existence, if it ever does, it does not mean that some being did not set the ball rolling then sat back and watched passively (the closest modern belief system to that is Deism). There is no real basis for ANY of it. It all boils down to belief and skepticism. The only thing that can be argued about is scripture and dogma, really. For that, there are a plethora of threads on this forum that do just that. Notice the search bar located within the top toolbar of the forum:

It's OK to not know.

Yes.  Afro

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • Challenge
     Reply #91 - June 27, 2016, 09:31 AM

Seven thousand years ago, you might have gazed at the volcano and said, "The God of the Mountain definitely does exist. If you take the God of the Mountain out of the picture, explain the eruption and the cloud of smoke and the earthquakes." But today, we understand plate tectonics and the flow of magma beneath the earth's crust.

Six thousand years ago, you might have waded through the aftermath of a tsunami and said, "The God of the Sea definitely does exist. Without the Sea God, explain a wave of such epic and wrathful proportion." But today, we understand the role of undersea quakes and plate movement in creating giant waves.

Five thousand years ago, you might have taken shelter from a tempest and said, "The God of the Sky definitely exists. What alternative exists to explain the darkening of the sky, the terrible flashes of lightning, the angry echoes of thunder, the horrific funnel-shaped cloud that obliterates everything in its path?" But today, we understand meteorology, cold fronts, low pressure systems, tornadoes.

Four thousand years ago, you might have looked upon an eclipse and said, "The God of the Moon definitely exists. If not, what is the alternative? What else could cause the moon to blot out the sun?" But today, we understand the orbital dynamics of objects in our solar system.

Three thousand years ago, you might have said, "The God of Nature definitely exists. If you take the God of Nature out of the picture, explain the origin of all these plants and animals. From the beginning." But today, we understand evolution.

Two thousand years ago, you might have said, "The God of Earth definitely exists. Who else could have created the planet Earth?" But today, we understand how our solar system formed following the Big Bang.

Today, you say, "The God of the Universe definitely exists. If you take a creator out of the picture, explain the origins of the Universe - from the beginning."

Just because we don't have the answer now, it doesn't mean God is the answer, and it doesn't mean we will never have the answer. It's OK to not know.

Interesting comment. Thanks for that. However, you are discussing how things happen in nature. For e.g. "we understand evolution", - we know it happens because this happens, etc, but where did the first particle come from? Creation couldn't have came from ex nihilo.

How did everything that you have mentioned acquire these specific properties for them to work?

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
  • Challenge
     Reply #92 - June 27, 2016, 09:36 AM

You know, it's funny. I remember this stage quite distinctly. When I first consciously found myself overwhelmed by suppressing my doubts about Islam, I expressly remember going through the arguments again in my head and trying my best to sort out and dismiss the ones I felt were based on my own emotion.

Muhammad's marriage to Aisha, Muhammad's capture of Safiyya, Muhammad's massacre of the Jewish tribe, Muhammad's attacks on unarmed civilian enterprises, etc. I tried telling myself that my revulsion to these sorts of things were emotional, and that Allah must have known better. So I stuck to the historical, scientific, and literary arguments against Islam.

Then, something clicked. I realized that no matter what I came across that did not make sense, no matter what I knew that simply did not match  with my own sense of morality, I was actually being controlled by my own emotion: fear.

Fear of the violence, eternal bodily harm and physical pain that the Quran threatens its detractors with page after page. That fear was paralyzing. As I continued reading through the Quran with a fresh set of eyes, I realized this was the only case it made for itself: be afraid.

I began thinking what I would actually believe if I weren't so hindered by my own fear. Then, I realized that even my "emotional" arguments against Islam were sound, it was just that my fear was overriding any other emotion, to the point that I would not allow myself to feel anything else.

I was doing something I see you doing now,  defending a 54 year old marrying a 6 year old because I was afraid. Probably just like you are now, I'd interject, "but he waited until she was 9 to have sex with her!" As if that made it any better, and as if I truly believed that 6 was an acceptable age to enter into a sacred, lifelong union, or that a nine year old playing with dolls should ever be bedded by a man in his 50s.

That fear is a powerful thing.

Islam feeds on it. It embeds it deep into your psyche. It even has a  name for it and considers it a praiseworthy thing. Someone who is pious is someone who is afraid. Khawf. Taqwa. Rahb. It's a means to  mental slavery. Al-ubudiyyah. It's crazy that even the terms themselves don't hide what's actually going on.

Breaking through that fear is indeed a mighty task.

But if you can, I'd like to propose a little exercise. Close your eyes, focus your mind and your breathing,  and get in touch with your inner self. What questions would you ask if you were not hindered by fear? If you were not afraid, what things would you actually believe? What things about Islam would actually trouble YOU? What would you truly want to be doing with your life if there was no Jahannam?

Are you happy with knowing that the only thing holding you back is  your own fear?

Get over that fear and you can begin to feel your other emotions too. They are a part of what make you human.

Everything that you have talked about, which is probably your main reasons for leaving Islam as you have mentioned them, I have went through already. It has not affected my beliefs when I critically analysed them.

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
  • Challenge
     Reply #93 - June 27, 2016, 09:46 AM

If the universe needs a creator, then so does God. And God has to be more complex than the universe for him to create the universe, which means his creation was much less likely.

God is not apart of creation.

Muslims don't believe in a created God.

If God A was created by God B, then God B would have been created by God C, and so on. With an infinite regress amount of Gods, how could have the Universe been brought into existence? There's always a bigger God in authority and power then the other which came after another God. If there were more than one God, we definitely would not have a creation. This is because God A would have to ask God B, and so on, for permission to create the Universe and things within it. This would go on forever, so there would be no creation as a result. But, as we know, the Universe exists.

What links in with this is quite theoretical. Tell me what you think about it. God A is all-knowing and God B is trying to hide something from God A. Will God B be able to do so? Do you see the problem?

Allah tells us in the Qur'an, 21:22 - ''Had there been within the heavens and earth gods besides Allah, they both would have been ruined. So exalted is Allah, Lord of the Throne, above what they describe.''

• Challenge
     Reply #94 - June 27, 2016, 10:12 AM

Read my message again Shit brains.

I said what is MORE IMPORTANT IS FOR YOU TO PROVE THE DIVINITY OF THE QURAN.

Like I said before Scientific Inaccuracies are LESS IMPORTANT, because even if we discuss the science in the Quran, even if you could convince me there is no error, I could not become a muslim.
    This is because the most important issue you need to rectify is how to establish Divine Origin.

If you could prove Divine origins of the quran I would be willing to discuss Scientific errors, until YOU PROVE THE QURAN CAME FROM GOD, any other discussion is fruitless.

Once again WE HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OR UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS DIVINE BECAUSE WE ARE STUCK IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD. How will you prove Divinity, You believe Quran is from God, I am saying "I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOD IS, CAN YOU DESCRIBE GOD WITHOUT LENDING TO ISLAM AND USING EVIDENCE? THEN CAN YOU PROVE THE QURAN CAME FROM GOD"?

Listen up Muslim instead of snickering why don't you show us how smart you are, you are among the few muslims brave enough to traverse this forum so you must have full conviction in your belief and you must think you are intelligent enough to convince us, so why don't we see what you can do,
    Lest you are not willing to look at your beliefs from an unbiased view and objectively ask yourself how you can prove it is from God when you do not know what God is. Don't use circular logic, don't tell me the Quran tells you what God is therefore it must be true. Suppose you are not muslim and you pick up the quran and read it, how would you establish it is from divine origin when you have never experienced Divinity, I do not know therefore god is facetious.

Unless, you are not allowed to think this deep because the fucking devil is whispering in your ear "fucking kid grow up", do you believe in your faith that much that you are willing to scrutinize it yourself and see if you can even prove it to yourself?

If not, we know who the intelligent one is, and that would indicate it is not you.

Do you want to know why I left Islam, I believed it wholeheartedly and like you defended it around non-muslims, unlike you I did not make fun of anyone. I really believed the Quran was miraculous and could not be fallible, I believed in Islam so much I was not scared to scrutinize it from an unbiased view because I KNEW that I would Prove Islam true to myself. I knew the more I questioned the more sure I would be. Well I did question it and tried to see if the Quran could even prove the divine origin of itself, I was shocked that it did not rest on any argument even remotely sound.

I lowered my mental barriers and was willing to look at it from an object lens, that is why I consider myself intelligent, are you willing to do yourself the honour of looking at this faith from an unbiased view,, or are you too shaky in your imaan that you may leave the fold of Islam, or do you not care and only maintain Islam because you were born to it.

If you consider yourself at all intelligent and worth any of our time, tell us, are you willing to look at your Book as a skeptic not taking any sides and just following the evidence? If so, then PROVE DIVINITY, and don't tell me the Quran is divine because no one has produced a verse like it. That is an incredibly subjective test, and no way to determine if it is like the Quran, also Newton WROTE THE FIRST BOOK ON THE MOTION OF OBJECTS AND INVENTED FUCKING CALCULUS ON HIS OWN TO SOLVE HIS PHYSICS EQUATIONS. HE DID THIS ALL BEFORE TURNING 30. Does that make him divine because no one else to this day has been able to accomplish such a task in Science by age 30? Of course not, just because something has not been replicated does not prove divinity.

Also we do not know the limits of the Human brain, something happening rarely does not prove divinity, at best it shows someone was smart. And dont you dare ask me how Muhammad could be smart if he was illiterate, at that time people didn't read tons of books to become knowledgeable or intelligent, movement of ideas happened aurally.

PROVE DIVINITY, AND HOW DO YOU KNOW SUCH EVIDENCE INDICATES DIVINITY? WE HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED DIVINITY SO WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

Let's see if you REALLY believe in your religion  Wink

Firstly, calm down with the insults. It doesn't make your argument any more stronger. I agree that even if there were no errors and contradictions, that doesn't prove that the Qur'an did come from a God. However, you have said that these errors and contradictions do exist, so that takes God out of the picture right away according to you, even though there are no errors and contradictions present in the Qur'an. Let's discuss this later.

Yes, we are in the physical world. Does this limit God's capability of allowing us to sense this feeling of divinity? Whether it'd be from a book or anywhere elsewhere? I don't think so. You also answered your own question, well part of it. The Holy Qur'an, [2:23] reads: ''And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah/chapter the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful''. This is a falsification test that the Holy Qur'an contains, (no other Holy Book contains this). Now, if a human would have said this, he would of have been seen as the most arrogant person it's as if he's so confident that this couldn't have come from no-one else, but other than God. If a human did say this, then he must have been very careful for what he wrote in the Holy Qur'an because if he's implying that it's God that is its author, (the source of the information) of this Book, then there must be no mistakes and errors, (whether linguistical, or mathematical - being the most common errors that you can find in the previous ''Holy'' Books such as: The Bible. For example, one verse in the Bible: 1 KI 4:26, Solomon had 40,000 stalls but 2 CH 9:25 says that Solomon only had 4,000 stalls. If this verse was in the Holy Qur’an, then we two can easily dismiss it, as there contains an error within it and God is flawless with whatever he does. The next verse from the Qur'an, 2:24 then ends with a confident statement, ''But if you do not - and you will never be able to - then fear the Fire, whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers''. If a human did say this, then again, he must have been sure to not have written any mistakes in the Qur'an. Again, if a human did say this, then he would have known that the Qur'an could have been replicated to its level of content, (linguistically speaking in generally) so he would not have made this claim.

It's also not subjective. Have a good read here: http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Miracle/ijaz.html http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/archives/2005/response-to-claims-made-against-the-eloquence-of-the-quran/

There are also many other methods to prove this. I don't subscribe to these, but why not. Firstly, Allah presented in the Qur'an that the number 19 is a miraculous number. It's called, "One of the Mighty Ones" in verses 74:30-37.  The verses 74:30-37 are in perfect match with the number 19 miracle, (2,185 is their total numerical value and it is equal to 19 X 115) and they're also in perfect match with the Qur'ans', "Key noble verse" - The Basmala. In both its total numerical value, 115, and total number of letters, which are 19 letters. The miracle is that  these verses are correlating to each other and collectively make up the entire, 'story' that is being talked about. This numerical value is also divisible by the number 19, without leaving a remainder. More information here: https://gyazo.com/7565a9d42528dae864b5bd2e5dcfbed7 https://gyazo.com/bddd0b99998b238a36a61b80af4c56ef https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvWAO_y3TNM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRkYrjBiKw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNgibcL3N0

Another method would be presenting how the chapter of, 'Nuh' (or Noah) is written in exactly 950 letters. Allah also said that Noah lived among his people for 950 years in the same chapter. This isn't, 'chance'. If it is, please tell your other atheists in this forum to disregard their own theories that they have tried to use against me in this thread. I have shown how they themselves use improbable theories when calculated of its probability. Moreover, another example of the same method is showing how the two divine promises made by Allah to the people of Israel, (about their first promise and future destruction) are equally numbered. The first promise is written in 75 words and 75 letters. The future destruction of Israel is also, written in 75 words and 75 letters. I must add, the future destruction promise may be talking about Israel being destroyed 75 years after its establishment, (in 1948 or 1967). The verses are found in 17:4-8 of the Qur'an.  Lastly, another example are the nooraaniyyah letters, (the opening letters of several of the chapters of the Qur'an). As when they are all added together, they give us a total that is a multiple of the number 19, again, without any remainer. Not only that, but their total number would be 361. This is equal to 19 X 19.

• Challenge
     Reply #95 - June 27, 2016, 10:26 AM

There is a very interesting text here:
    http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass
    It is about religious insecurity, promises and threats (I am sure it must have been posted numerous times before).
    (It is not about islam, it is about how all the other religions arrange their argumentation)
    There is even a prophet in it!

As a video:
    https://youtu.be/zaFZQBb2srM
    And another video:
    https://youtu.be/vdCA5xAsw8I (I love the Matrix/Tarantino style!)
    And a third video..... Russian (Damn, I need to read up on my Russian!)
    https://youtu.be/HBsyBZNlpdI
  • Challenge
     Reply #96 - June 27, 2016, 10:35 AM

I have found some amazing videos, for myself and you all, look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1vVnwHjfo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9K2RPRVg0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SYQgFpL1M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2apex01cVhg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GHw_x1HYwI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4pU-jO6Hs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USWnRIbcWyQ

• Challenge
     Reply #97 - June 27, 2016, 10:39 AM

There is a very interesting text here:
    http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass
    It is about religious insecurity, promises and threats (I am sure it must have been posted numerous times before).
    (It is not about islam, it is about how all the other religions arrange their argumentation)
    There is even a prophet in it!

As a video:
    https://youtu.be/zaFZQBb2srM
    And another video:
    https://youtu.be/vdCA5xAsw8I (I love the Matrix/Tarantino style!)
    And a third video..... Russian (Damn, I need to read up on my Russian!)
    https://youtu.be/HBsyBZNlpdI

Thanks for these.

• Challenge
     Reply #98 - June 27, 2016, 11:55 AM

Here is my direct argument...

All gods one god, truth has no religion and good is ONE.

Saad, and the Quran that contains the remembrance (for all gods one god). Indeed, those who have disbelieved are in false pride and defiance. How many a generation have We destroyed before them. And they called out when it was far too late.

And they were surprised that a warner has come to them from among themselves. And the rejecters said: "This is a magician, a liar. Has he (Muhammad) made all gods one god? This is indeed a strange thing!"

And the leaders among them went out: "Walk away, and remain patient to your gods. This thing can be turned back. We never heard of this from the people before us. This is but an innovation."

Has the remembrance been sent down to him, from between all of us! Indeed, they are doubtful of My reminder (of all truths into one truth). Indeed, they have not yet tasted My retribution.(Quran 38.1-8)

here is the logical deduction...

Verse 4.151 clearly said "truly disbelievers" ..

I believe it is the fundamental principle of Islam and it is the greatest shirk.

God does not forgive that partners be set up with Him, and He forgives other than that for whom He pleases. Whoever sets up partners with God has indeed invented a great sin. [Quran 4:48]

On that Day, We shall ask Hell, Are you now full? Hell will answer, Are there any more? [Quran 50:30]

The messenger said (on the Resurrection Day): "My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran." [Quran 25.30]

We sent you only universally to all people, a herald and warner, but most people do not know. [Quran 34.28]

Therefore, what is your premises and counter argument against this fundamental principle of Islam?
  • Challenge
     Reply #99 - June 27, 2016, 12:33 PM

• Challenge
     Reply #100 - June 27, 2016, 12:44 PM

muslim atheism  you neither answering any one nor responding to the challenge of A Muslim., don't mess other  folders with your nonsense  "Good..god..truth..  allah ....aloo gosht " stuff.,    you have your own folder to do that ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Challenge
     Reply #101 - June 27, 2016, 12:47 PM

I'm not a muslim and let he answer it through logic and the Quran.

The test for truth...

Quran 4:82 Do they not reflect on the [translation, interpretation from the] Qur'an ? If it was from any other than God they would have found in it many a discrepancy [unsound argument, one or more false premises].

• Challenge
     Reply #102 - June 27, 2016, 12:49 PM

Everything that you have talked about, which is probably your main reasons for leaving Islam as you have mentioned them, I have went through already. It has not affected my beliefs when I critically analysed them.

Which means fear still holdings you in.
  • Challenge
     Reply #103 - June 27, 2016, 12:51 PM

Let he answer it through logic and the Quran.

are you crazy??  this is  A Muslim  opening post
    Give me your strongest evidence/s against Islam. Go.

what you write is nothing do with that  .,  so don't interfere if you don't have "strongest evidence/s against Islam"

• Challenge
     Reply #104 - June 27, 2016, 12:55 PM

That is the strongest evidence against Islam. No Religion.

Mankind is one UMMAH. [Quran 2.213]

I believe it is the fundamental principle of Islam and it is the greatest shirk.

• Challenge
     Reply #105 - June 27, 2016, 12:59 PM

No religion

They said, "Only Jews and Christians (or Muslims) will enter heaven." That is their wishful thinking. Say, "Present your proof if you are telling the truth." Rather, whoever turns his face in submission towards God (Truth) while acting generously have their reward from their Lord, and will neither fear nor grieve. The Jews said, "Christians (or Muslims) are without valid grounds," and the Christians said, "The Jews (or Muslims) are without valid grounds," while they chant the (SAME) Book. The ignorant speak similarly. God will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning their differences. (Quran 2.111-113)

Say: "O you who are Jewish (or Christians, or Muslims, or anyone else etc), if you claim that you are God's chosen, to the exclusion of all other people, then you should long for death if you are truthful!" (Quran 62.6)

Surely those who believe; and those who are Jewish, and the Nazarenes, and the Sabians, whoever of them believes in God and the Last Day and does good works; they will have their recompense with their Lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor will they grieve. (Quran 2:62)
  • Challenge
     Reply #106 - June 27, 2016, 01:03 PM

That is the strongest evidence against Islam. No Religion.

why  don't you read what you write dear muslim atheism??   "Islam is NOT a religion "  "Islam is NO religion".... such statements are NOT strongest evidence against Islam..

and stop pasting stupid gifs  pics with gibberish in them

• Challenge
     Reply #107 - June 27, 2016, 01:07 PM

I'm not going to argue with you, pointless and more than quarreling than making an argument.  I've presented the logical deduction to prove that religion is the greatest shirk and against the fundamental teachings of Islam.
  • Challenge
     Reply #108 - June 27, 2016, 01:12 PM

I'm not going to argue with you, pointless and more than quarreling than making an argument.  

no..no argument with proper statements and rebuttals  are fine  but not your silly gif pictures

I've presented the logical deduction to prove that religion is the greatest shirk and against the fundamental teachings of Islam.

Again the subject is NOT about   whether "religion is the greatest shirk  and against the fundamental teachings of Islam" .,  the subject is about  "the strongest evidence against Islam"

• Challenge
     Reply #109 - June 27, 2016, 01:23 PM

His Islam made all gods one god?

He (Muhammad) made all gods one god

If not, then it is the strongest evidence against Islam.

Read the logical deduction, at the part where it was written as "Conclusion".
  • Challenge
     Reply #110 - June 27, 2016, 01:24 PM

If God A was created by God B, then God B would have been created by God C, and so on. With an infinite regress amount of Gods, how could have the Universe been brought into existence? There's always a bigger God in authority and power then the other which came after another God. If there were more than one God, we definitely would not have a creation. This is because God A would have to ask God B, and so on, for permission to create the Universe and things within it. This would go on forever, so there would be no creation as a result. But, as we know, the Universe exists.

What links in with this is quite theoretical. Tell me what you think about it. God A is all-knowing and God B is trying to hide something from God A. Will God B be able to do so? Do you see the problem?

Allah tells us in the Qur'an, 21:22 - ''Had there been within the heavens and earth gods besides Allah, they both would have been ruined. So exalted is Allah, Lord of the Throne, above what they describe.''

I know you’ve probably been inundated with links so far, but I do think that you’d enjoy reading this exchange.

Happymurtad vs Ishina: Does God exist.

The thing is, I’ve been where you are now, as have many of the people here. I get why your mind instantly goes to that obscure area surrounding the first instance of creation and how, a 14 billion year hop later, you are left concluding that Islam’s truth claims must be valid and that this “first cause” must be the Allah of the Quran (as opposed to any other possible first cause agent.) Again, I get it.

I’m not as interested in arguing with you as I am observing you as you as you head along this journey. It’s mostly my empathy with you, my ability to see my younger self in you, that wants to continue to give you food for thought.

Let me know what you think.
  • Challenge
     Reply #111 - June 27, 2016, 01:44 PM

And the universe is not a part of creation.

How can you believe in an uncreated God but find it impossible to believe in an uncreated universe? Especially since your God seems to be more complex than any possible universe?
  • Challenge
     Reply #112 - June 27, 2016, 03:00 PM

muslim atheism. Even though your post has nothing to do with the purpose of my thread, I have though, responded below with a few verses of the Qur'an.

• Challenge
     Reply #113 - June 27, 2016, 03:04 PM

I know you’ve probably been inundated with links so far, but I do think that you’d enjoy reading this exchange.

Happymurtad vs Ishina: Does God exist.

The thing is, I’ve been where you are now, as have many of the people here. I get why your mind instantly goes to that obscure area surrounding the first instance of creation and how, a 14 billion year hop later, you are left concluding that Islam’s truth claims must be valid and that this “first cause” must be the Allah of the Quran (as opposed to any other possible first cause agent.) Again, I get it.

I’m not as interested in arguing with you as I am observing you as you as you head along this journey. It’s mostly my empathy with you, my ability to see my younger self in you, that wants to continue to give you food for thought.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the thread.

• Challenge
     Reply #114 - June 27, 2016, 03:05 PM

The Holy Qur'an, 5:3 - ''Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.''

The Holy Qur'an, 3:85 - ''And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.''

• Challenge
     Reply #115 - June 27, 2016, 03:12 PM

And the universe is not a part of creation.

How can you believe in an uncreated God but find it impossible to believe in an uncreated universe? Especially since your God seems to be more complex than any possible universe?

The Universe was most definitely created. The Universe and its complexity could not have come out of nothing. Speaking of complexity, let's have a look with at a few constants which determine the structure of our Universe:

Speed of Light: c=299,792,458 m s-1

Gravitational Constant: G=6.673 x 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2

Planck's Constant: 1.05457148 x 10-34 m2 kg s-2

Planck Mass-Energy: 1.2209 x 1022 MeV

Mass of Electron, Proton, Neutron: 0.511; 938.3; 939.6 MeV

Mass of Up, Down, Strange Quark: 2.4; 4.8; 104 MeV (Approx.)

Ratio of Electron to Proton Mass: (1836.15)-1

Gravitational Coupling Constant: 5.9 x 10-39

Cosmological Constant: (2.3 x 10-3 eV)

Hubble Constant: 71 km/s/Mpc (today)

Higgs Vacuum Expectation Value: 246.2 GeV

These are the fundamental constants and quantities of the universe. Scientists understand that each of these numbers have been carefully dialed to an astonishingly precise value - a value that falls within an exceedingly narrow, life-permitting range. If any one of these numbers were altered by even a hair's breadth, no physical, interactive life of any kind could exist anywhere. There'd be no stars, no life, no planets, no chemistry.

Consider gravity, for example. The force of gravity is determined by the gravitational constant. If this constant varied by just one in 1060 parts, none of us would exist. To understand how exceedingly narrow this life-permitting range is, imagine a dial divided into 1060 increments. To get a handle on how many tiny points on the dial this is, compare it to the number of cells in your body (1014) or the number of seconds that have ticked by since time began (1020). If the gravitational constant had been out of tune by just one of these infinitesimally small increments, the universe would either have expanded and thinned out so rapidly that no stars could form and life couldn't exist, or it would have collapsed back on itself with the same result: no stars, no planets, no life.

Or consider the expansion rate of the Universe. This is driven by the cosmological constant. A change in its value by a mere 1 part in 10120 parts would cause the universe to expand too rapidly or too slowly. In either case, the universe would, again, be life-prohibiting.

Or, another example of fine-tuning: If the mass and energy of the early Universe were not evenly distributed to an incomprehensible precision of 1 part in 1010123, the universe would be hostile to life of any kind.

The fact is our Universe permits physical, interactive life only because these, and many other numbers, have been independently and exquisitely balanced on a razor's edge. How do you reconcile this with your beliefs that there is no God? Do you really take the position that the Universe could have come from chance?

Conclusion: We can rationally deduce that the Universe was created. Thus, God could not have been created. Besides, we cannot rationally deduce that God was created, (check my example above, which shows that our Universe existing today is in itself proof of an independent and absolute creator).

• Challenge
     Reply #116 - June 27, 2016, 03:26 PM

The Universe was most definitely created.

Ok  but created by what?  .. heeeeeeeeeee of religious books and the gibbrish in it?

yes there must be some principles.. laws and logic behind the origins of the universe.  What is that has to do with these stupid books of all these faiths ?  dear  A Muslim??
    The Universe and its complexity could not have come out of nothing. Speaking of complexity, let's have a look with at a few constants which determine the structure of our Universe:

Speed of Light: c=299,792,458 m s-1

Gravitational Constant: G=6.673 x 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2

Planck's Constant: 1.05457148 x 10-34 m2 kg s-2

Planck Mass-Energy: 1.2209 x 1022 MeV

Mass of Electron, Proton, Neutron: 0.511; 938.3; 939.6 MeV

Mass of Up, Down, Strange Quark: 2.4; 4.8; 104 MeV (Approx.)

Ratio of Electron to Proton Mass: (1836.15)-1

Gravitational Coupling Constant: 5.9 x 10-39

Cosmological Constant: (2.3 x 10-3 eV)

Hubble Constant: 71 km/s/Mpc (today)

Higgs Vacuum Expectation Value: 246.2 GeV

well  you are copy/pasting stuff  that too without any references ., did these religious bums, faith heads with beards and dress codes.,   did they find those fundamental constants??

Could you give brief story on how folks found/discovered  those constants? that is more important than using them to meet your faith needs dear A Muslim..

• Challenge
     Reply #117 - June 27, 2016, 03:35 PM

Please tell us where these "created" fundamental constants are mentioned in the holey books?

And no, that proof for creationism is beyond stupid.
    We happen to be able to exist, because we are bloody lucky that is the way physics and chemistry made biology possible.

(Look up the "Texas sharpshooter fallacy", because that is exactly what that worn out creationist pseudo argument is)
  • Challenge
     Reply #118 - June 27, 2016, 03:40 PM

The Universe was most definitely created...

The only difference between you and me is that you believe God wasn't created. I stop a step before you and say the universe wasn't created. There's literally no difference.

Speaking of complexity, let's have a look with at a few constants which determine the structure of our Universe

And God is so complex that he can't even be comprehended by the human mind. Yet you believe in him, and that he was not created. But somehow you think a much simpler thing than God, something that can be understood by the human mind, needs to have been created.
  • Challenge
     Reply #119 - June 27, 2016, 04:02 PM

A Muslim quotes Quran
    The Holy Qur'an, 5:3 - ''Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.''

The Holy Qur'an, 3:85 - ''And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.''

and let me add a verse to it....
    Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. S. 2:62

hmm interesting .,   one verse  says  "And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him"

Never??    never ever??   Huh?    and other verse  says  

"Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord"

well that is good allahgod  does accept  Jews, Christians, and Sabians..........

but  let me delete that word "their"., that is stupid to put that word there.,   who is their lord?  is that  also not allahgod?

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »