Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Just registered today from London!

(Read 7336 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Just registered today from London!
     OP - June 21, 2016, 07:41 PM

Hey there!

Name is Has (for short lol). Male, mid-20s. How are you guys?

To be honest I wasn't even very sure there were any ex-Muslim forums I'm glad there is at least one space for likeminded people.

So how long have I been atheist? I would say theologically about a year, and longer than that practically.

I stopped observing Ramadan two years ago and my parents know. Thankfully they're not that strict and I've questioned religion in front of them as well as my older siblings. I'm the youngest, so I can empathise that it may be hard for them.

But they didn't do a bad job at raising their family at all. They raised a good person in me and I can still be good with or without religion I believe. If you need religious morals to guide your behaviour, you're potentially dangerous I believe.

I like to think we're not a group of huddled, angry people. I guess I'm about to find that out lol; though I could understand your bitterness. Chances are if you're desi like me you come from immigrant families and they don't know any better. Questioning faith is not a thing back there, especially if you're not educated and got married early.

I can understand people's decisions not to come out. It's dangerous and your main support network will potentially dissipate. Oh well it is what it is and we'll live life our way regardless.

Hobbies? I like to watch foreign cinema a lot. I play guitar and many other unislamic activiites lol. I actually took up drinking recently as I rejected it in my teens as I didn't like it. But as long as you're with people you enjoy being with and it's a social thing it's fine I feel. Never drunk alone however and don't intend to, don't smoke either. Literature from authors like Arundhati Roy, Khalid Hosseini and the late Frantz Fanon & Anarcho-Syndicalist Jean-Paul Sartre.

I like watching TV series also! I would highly recommend only the first season of True Detective, Matthew McConaughey's dialectical discourses with Woody Harrelson are amazing and thought-provoking.

There are some lessons from Islam I guess I'll never unlearn and they're not all so bad. I also like to think just because we've left our religion, that it does not make us brown-nosers or anglophiles. I'm proud of who I am and not ashamed of my family at all.

Anyway! I hope that serves enough as an introduction feel free to say hi and get the ball rolling! I also have kik if anyone is interested in talking on a more personal note.
     Reply #1 - June 21, 2016, 07:46 PM

Welcome Has  parrot
     Reply #2 - June 21, 2016, 07:53 PM

Welcome.

There are some lessons from Islam I guess I'll never unlearn and they're not all so bad. I also like to think just because we've left our religion, that it does not make us brown-nosers or anglophiles. I'm proud of who I am and not ashamed of my family at all.

Interesting point. First time I have seen someone go out of their way to point that out and I understand the need for it.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #3 - June 21, 2016, 08:05 PM

Thank you guys I feel welcome already! Also love the Sephiroth gif! I went to comic con in London last month and I saw cosplays of him.

Are we getting ready to break out "fasts"? Lol!
     Reply #4 - June 21, 2016, 08:27 PM

Welcome aboard
     parrot
     Reply #5 - June 21, 2016, 08:52 PM

Also love the Sephiroth gif! I went to comic con in London last month and I saw cosplays of him.

Thanks. Made that one myself after playing Crisis Core. Never been to a comicon though!

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

Reply #6 - June 21, 2016, 09:18 PM

It's pretty remarkable! I've only been to the London one but it was huge this year. Definitely something worth checking out if it's near you.
     Reply #7 - June 21, 2016, 11:11 PM

Welcome, Has. Have a rabbit ~~>  bunny
     Reply #8 - June 21, 2016, 11:26 PM

It's pretty remarkable! I've only been to the London one but it was huge this year. Definitely something worth checking out if it's near you.

I shall try. Thank you.

Reply #9 - June 22, 2016, 05:39 PM

Welcome to the forum  parrot

You're very lucky to have parents who are not that strict, it make life a lot less complicated. I have also stopped observing the fast for the past two years, but I've been eating in secret.
     Reply #10 - June 22, 2016, 11:10 PM

Sorry to hear about the secret thing that must be quite hard. Well you should be used to fasting anyhow but it's still annoying.

I think I have an advantage also because I'm a guy. My sisters dont cover up or anything but maybe if I was a girl it wouldn't be so easy for me to not fast openly. Also I once showed a pic of a girl I was dating to my mum and she had this cute rant it was so sweet. But again if I was a female? Stoned to death. haha not really but you know what I mean.
     Reply #11 - June 26, 2016, 05:45 PM

Hi Hsnake,

welcome to the forum  parrot
     Reply #12 - July 02, 2016, 07:58 AM

Welcome Hsnake. I like that you read Franz Fanon and Jean Paul Satres works.  Smiley

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #13 - July 07, 2016, 05:21 PM

Welcome!

Happy to see another from London. Smiley
     Reply #14 - July 10, 2016, 07:59 PM

Hi Has!

I'm a displaced Londoner living in Little India Leicester  grin12

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering
     Reply #15 - July 10, 2016, 10:28 PM

Welcome aboard envixer! Good to see new people jump on this wagon with me.

Haha, little India indeed. And I guess Birmingham is the capital of Pakistan!
     Reply #16 - July 11, 2016, 10:28 AM

LMAO H!  grin12

Probably 001_tongue

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering
     Reply #17 - July 12, 2016, 04:41 PM

Welcome aboard

'I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use: silence, exile and cunning.'
     Reply #18 - July 13, 2016, 12:43 AM

Respect for the brown-noser comment, and for Roy and Fanon.
     Reply #19 - August 08, 2016, 02:02 PM

pretty much delayed 😆
    but Welcome
    #new member as well😂
     Reply #20 - August 08, 2016, 03:20 PM

Hi Aisha Muslimah, welcome   parrot

Reply #21 - December 22, 2016, 12:21 PM

hello

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »