Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I "like" this story, let's talk about this story (NSFW)

(Read 10211 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I "like" this story, let's talk about this story (NSFW)
     OP - May 29, 2016, 01:44 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/dec/04/germany.lukeharding

To the family next door, Armin Meiwes seemed the perfect neighbour. He mowed their lawn, repaired their car and even invited them round for dinner.

Other residents in the small German town of Rotenburg also believed there was nothing odd about the 42-year-old computer expert, whose light burned late into the night inside his creaking mansion. Yesterday, however, Meiwes appeared in court charged with killing - and then frying and eating - another man.

In one of the most extraordinary trials in German criminal history, the self-confessed cannibal admitted that he had met a 43-year-old Berlin engineer, Bernd Brandes, after advertising on the internet, and had chopped him up and eaten him.

The two questions that pop up in my mind.

1. Is it ever okay to "willfully" eat human flesh? Why or why not?

2. Assuming that Mr. Brandes enjoyed his last moments. Is he ethically qualified to make this determination of how he chose to end it? Would your answer change if he perpetrated the violent actions leading up to his death to himself?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #1 - May 29, 2016, 02:05 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/dec/04/germany.lukeharding

2. Assuming that Mr. Brandes enjoyed his last moments. Is he ethically qualified to make this determination of how he chose to end it? Would your answer change if he perpetrated the violent actions leading up to his death to himself?

I "like" this story, let's talk about this story (NSFW)

well  asbie ...asbie ...asbie   you are really bored.. Cheesy

I don't know the answers., I don't like the story ..But I can talk...Talk about Human brain...

Plasticity of Human brain is amazing.. I think it is much more plastic  and stores / retrieves the information  in a split of second from its black box and there appears to be a jump in biological evolution w.r.t. evolution of human brain..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - May 29, 2016, 02:07 PM

Human brains are pretty cool. Have you ever tasted one yeez?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - May 29, 2016, 02:17 PM

Human brains are pretty cool. Have you ever tasted one yeez?

No  I have seen it I worked with it.. ..

On the surface it is not that different from many of other animals that are close in evolutionary time scales...  Chemical composition  and energy producing/transferring mechanism is  essentially same   for all practical purposes asbie....... but size wise humans have pretty big brain..

Reply #4 - May 29, 2016, 02:49 PM

Yup, I got to see them too. Didn't really get to pick at them as much as I would've liked because my school is run by teases, but yeah they are extraordinary.

Not sure if I wouldn't rather have a dolphin one though. Human ones haven't seemed to do much good.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - May 29, 2016, 02:52 PM

Actually my dream is to start an underwater civilization with the dolphins. Collaborate with them to deal with the orca, and other menaces, and then truly flourish as the rightful stewards of this planet. As is prophesied in the Quran, of course. You are welcome to join us yeez.  Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - May 29, 2016, 03:08 PM

"And His throne was established upon the waters." Surah 11:7
     Reply #7 - May 29, 2016, 04:02 PM

Afro

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - May 29, 2016, 04:23 PM

Actually my dream is to start an underwater civilization with the dolphins. Collaborate with them to deal with the orca, and other menaces, and then truly flourish as the rightful stewards of this planet. 
    As is prophesied in the Quran, of course. You are welcome to join us yeez.  Smiley

this is blasphemy, this is baseless.,This is an absolutely baseless and unacceptable belief because not even an atom falls outside the purview of Allah, the Creator of everything.  

This has been clearly underscored in verse 19&20/93 of the Holy Quran in which Allah says: There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant. (Indeed) He has enumerated them and counted them a (full) counting.”

blasphemers of this forum are transgressing allah commands..  their fate is sealed..

Reply #9 - May 31, 2016, 10:57 AM

Parallel to this is the hadith in Sahih Muslim, narrated by Jabir, that Satan places his throne on the waters from whence he dispatches his units [to carry out whispering missions]; thus, those closest to him, he stations nearest to him.

Perhaps this hadith is why some excitable Muslims would speculate if the Bermuda Triangle isn't where Satan might physically be.

In any case, Satan does not commit biddah when he apes the big guy by keeping nearer to the waters. And the not so dry irony here is that it's all started off with us on dry land with very fishy grandpas. 
     Reply #10 - May 31, 2016, 11:00 AM

Is the eaten chap's name Richard Parker by any chance? I ask because there are too many cannibalistic cases involving this name in literature and law. Too much of a coincidence that the H2O theme should so ingeniously recur at both ends of life.
     Reply #11 - May 31, 2016, 06:00 PM

At this risk of giving credit to the whole 'Atheists have no morals' accusation, I do think as long as there is fully informed consent, then it's up to them.

BUT, and that is a big but, I don't think there can ever be full consent.  Maybe my assumption here, but I don't believe anyone would want to be eaten, first alive and then dead, unless they had some sort of mental condition, which would remove consent.  

So for that reason I would say no, it's wrong.  

No, I don't think he was qualified to determine this sort of end.  It's so much more extreme than other forms of suicide, that it reeks of mental health issues.  But again, maybe he was fully sane...I just can't believe it.

I am also not sure what you mean by the last question, do you mean if he cut parts off of himself, and then died, would it be ok then for someone to eat him?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #12 - May 31, 2016, 06:11 PM

At this risk of giving credit to the whole 'Atheists have no morals' accusation, .......

well there is another big assumption under that statement

"that only 'Atheists are capable of doing such things NOT faith heads..."  But I am fairly certain that some sort of faith is behind this cannibalistic behavior of some un-evolved species   that physically appears in human form .

Reply #13 - May 31, 2016, 06:14 PM

That's not my assumption about atheists Yeez, that's their assumption about us.  Grin

Once, it was Africans who ate humans, now its the Chinese and Atheists.   cool2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #14 - May 31, 2016, 06:36 PM

That's not my assumption about atheists Yeez, that's their assumption about usGrin

after reading here and in another forum I used to like Sahara so much I will never forget her and her kid but now with those words  I have to add BerberElla to that list.....

Reply #15 - June 01, 2016, 02:06 AM

And when you look at cannibalism, it seems to happen for two reasons.

The needy one: eat what you can get or die.

The religious one: Cannibalism is a ritual you use to take over the "mana" of the one you eat.

Guess which one is the most common.
     piggy

(And the bat shit crazy cannibal is extremely rare)
     Reply #16 - June 01, 2016, 02:38 AM

I am also not sure what you mean by the last question, do you mean if he cut parts off of himself, and then died, would it be ok then for someone to eat him?

The last question is basically a form of asking if someone can ethically commit suicide, I suppose. Then it re-asks the question of the ethicalness of eating human flesh, from the perspective of the "giver" of said flesh.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #17 - June 01, 2016, 02:43 AM

At this risk of giving credit to the whole 'Atheists have no morals' accusation, I do think as long as there is fully informed consent, then it's up to them.

BUT, and that is a big but, I don't think there can ever be full consent.  Maybe my assumption here, but I don't believe anyone would want to be eaten, first alive and then dead, unless they had some sort of mental condition, which would remove consent.  

So for that reason I would say no, it's wrong.  

No, I don't think he was qualified to determine this sort of end.  It's so much more extreme than other forms of suicide, that it reeks of mental health issues.  But again, maybe he was fully sane...I just can't believe it.

Thank you for your input. I highly value your thoughts to the questions posed. You are among a number of highly qualified thinkers in this thread, and please be assured that each one of the responses is given due consideration by myself.

In due time I will discuss the ideas in your posting further, if they are deemed to merit further consideration. Thank you for replying to the thread OP.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #18 - June 01, 2016, 02:46 AM

Once we were all Africans. But then BerberElla invented the concept of race to spurn my heartfelt advances.  Cry

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #19 - June 01, 2016, 02:48 AM

The needy one: eat what you can get or die.

The religious one: Cannibalism is a ritual you use to take over the "mana" of the one you eat.

Guess which one is the most common.

I don't actually know, so I'm going to guess the religious one?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #20 - November 19, 2016, 12:05 AM

If someone gives signed permission that their corpse may be eaten after they are dead then as gruesome as it is, this is none of our concerns.

In terms of someone "consenting" to being eaten alive, I have to agree with Berbs.
     Reply #21 - November 19, 2016, 12:05 PM

lol at the details

The cannibal then chopped Mr Brandes into pieces and put several bits of him in his freezer, next to a takeaway pizza

Reply #22 - November 19, 2016, 01:00 PM

lol at the details

what   "lol"??  . They are horrible details ., stop lolling at nasty brutal insane acts of NUT  cases .,  Psychos should be exposed  and treated for their brutal obsession INcePtion

And remember you meet and met plenty of such nut cases who often  look/talk/act innocent until you expose them .,  SO YOU KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN  .. Cheesy  and  learn  fighting

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #23 - November 23, 2016, 11:25 PM

Yup, I got to see them too. Didn't really get to pick at them as much as I would've liked because my school is run by teases, but yeah they are extraordinary.

Not sure if I wouldn't rather have a dolphin one though. Human ones haven't seemed to do much good.

Humans are more intelligent or dolphin?

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #24 - November 23, 2016, 11:36 PM

New York Post
    "Dolphins are evil. Sea otters are evil. Penguins are really, really evil.

In fact, look up any animal in the encyclopedia. If you think it’s adorable, it’s probably evil. That’s the cynical attitude we were left with after reading this article from Slate, which methodically crushed our naive assumptions about the world’s cutest animals.

Let’s start with dolphins. You probably think of the dolphin as a cheerful, harmless version of the shark.

Actually, dolphins are vicious gang rapists who kill their own babies, along with the babies of other species, and occasionally try to have sex with human swimmers. They have even been known to use young sharks as volleyballs.

Slate also dismantled the unjustifiably clean reputation of the sea otter. Male otters have developed a bad habit of humping and fatally wounding baby seals in their desperation to mate, sometimes continuing to have sex with the seals up to a week after killing them.

Not that sex between consenting otters is much better. Males often kill females from their own species by biting their faces during sex.

That said, these crimes pale in comparison to the atrocities committed by Adelie penguins. Male penguins mate with other males, injured females, lost chicks and corpses. The most desperate penguins even try to mate with the ground, Slate reports.

In one scientific study, researchers set out a dead penguin which had been frozen in its mating posture. The males found this corpse “irresistible”.

Then the scientists placed “just the frozen head of a the penguin” on a rock, just to see how far the male penguins were willing to go. They weren’t deterred.

Brian Switek, who wrote the Slate article, was careful to stress that we shouldn’t judge animals by human standards.

That’s a fair point. Even so, we’ll never look at penguins or dolphins the same way again."

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/the-cutest-animals-in-the-world-are-evil/

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #25 - November 24, 2016, 02:23 PM

Hmm, well maybe I'll just have a bonobo brain instead of human or dolphin.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #26 - August 30, 2017, 03:28 PM

In speaking of cannibalism it may be worth remembering that this act very common indeed in the Western world. Every single communion service in a Roman Catholic church involved cannibalism when the Host is taken. Transubstantiation is an every day miracle. The wafer and the wine are not a metaphor for the body and blood of Christ. To a believer it is the literal body and blood of Christ, transformed by a miracle.

The real question is, if God didn't mean us to be cannibals then why did he make us all out of meat?
     Reply #27 - August 30, 2017, 05:29 PM

In speaking of cannibalism it may be worth remembering that this act very common indeed in the Western world. ...............................

that sounds better dear Garth...  It was there in East west north south

.......The real question is, if God didn't mean us to be ..................................

Yap... that goes to every CRIMINAL ACTIVITY ......

we can create a list such stuff.,

As a highly evolved intelligent rational thoughtful species of the planet ..

..... if God didn't mean us to be..........
    ...or if the god did not want us to do ..
    then why create us ??  why create such species

good question.....age old question

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »