Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi!

(Read 17721 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi!
     OP - May 24, 2016, 12:26 AM

Hey! So, um I'm new if that wasn't obvious enough. I'm an ex-Muslim from the US. I haven't actually left though publicly anyways. I still wear hijab and pray (well pretending to at least). I do plan on leaving eventually but I'll lose my family and I'm not independent enough to support myself...so yeah.

Now with the introduction out of the way, I hope I'll enjoy my stay here ^_^
  • Hi!
     Reply #1 - May 24, 2016, 12:31 AM

I love the name AutumnButterfly, good choice. 

And here is your obligatory introductory parrot.   parrot    Welcome to the forum. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Hi!
     Reply #2 - May 24, 2016, 10:41 AM

Welcome sis Smiley
  • Hi!
     Reply #3 - May 24, 2016, 10:44 AM

I love the name AutumnButterfly, good choice. 

I was about to say the same thing.  yes

It made me want to click the welcome thread and say hello to the beautiful earthy and autumn coloured butterfly.

Welcome to the forum newbie.  Looking forward to getting to know more about you.   cool2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Hi!
     Reply #4 - May 24, 2016, 02:20 PM

Welcome Welcome.

No need to leave islam publicly.

because As you  mentioned you might lose your family and friend.
    more importantly you will lose your wealth, which you will get from your family.

stay in the gang, stay away from gang.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• Hi!
     Reply #5 - May 24, 2016, 02:26 PM

Grin  lose your wealth?  I'm not sure most of us care about that sort of thing. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Hi!
     Reply #6 - May 24, 2016, 05:58 PM

Welcome AutumnButterfly ! parrot
  • Hi!
     Reply #7 - May 24, 2016, 07:40 PM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hi!
     Reply #8 - May 24, 2016, 11:22 PM

Welcome Welcome.

No need to leave islam publicly.

because As you  mentioned you might lose your family and friend.
    more importantly you will lose your wealth, which you will get from your family.

stay in the gang, stay away from gang.

Well if I don't leave publicly, I'll continue to pretend to be something I'm not and wouldn't be able to do anything I want.As for the wealth, that is true. I don't have a job or a place to stay but I don't they would kick me out...

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here.
  • Hi!
     Reply #9 - May 25, 2016, 02:49 AM

This is a very serious business.
    You can't imagine what is there for you from your parents and family, if you became so called infidel for them...

first protect yourself.

calculate the risk.
    if you can manage without their wealth, go for freedom.

you can hide yourself in some other state.

as you mentioned you wear veil, so I guess your family is too religious.
    be careful.

There had been lots of cases of honor killings in western countries.

I don't want to make you afraid, I just want you to take precautions.

Peace.

• Hi!
     Reply #10 - May 25, 2016, 08:02 PM

I know that my parents would not kill me or anything like that. I don't know how they would react to me leaving but I will find out soon enough.
  • Hi!
     Reply #11 - May 25, 2016, 10:02 PM

I know that my parents would kill me or anything like that so I'm not afraid for my life. I have no idea how they react to me leaving but I will know soon enough.

I hope you mean:
    I know that my parents would not kill me or anything like that so I'm not afraid for my life. I have no idea how they react to me leaving but I will know soon enough.

propellor head
  • Hi!
     Reply #12 - May 25, 2016, 11:24 PM

Yeah... I have a tendency to omit words haha.
  • Hi!
     Reply #13 - May 26, 2016, 12:11 AM

welcome

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • Hi!
     Reply #14 - May 26, 2016, 01:14 AM

This video is not in favor of Christianity.
    I just want to show what some parents and families do with Ex-Muslims, when they announce they no longer believe in this death cult.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsMccnb_270

• Hi!
     Reply #15 - May 26, 2016, 01:45 AM

I think we all know this sort of thing happens. This is an introduction thread, not a ¨I am going to try to scare the pants off you¨ thread. She said her family is fine. You don´t know her family. You, therefore, do not need to ¨educate¨ the OP on what some families do. You want to share this sort of thing, do it on your own thread, please.

And OP, if you do have any trouble in the US, please let me know. Sometimes I can find resources that others cannot.

• Hi!
     Reply #16 - May 26, 2016, 02:44 AM

Love it when three lays down the law!

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

• Hi!
     Reply #17 - May 26, 2016, 05:06 PM

I think we all know this sort of thing happens. This is an introduction thread, not a ¨I am going to try to scare the pants off you¨ thread. She said her family is fine. You don´t know her family. You, therefore, do not need to ¨educate¨ the OP on what some families do. You want to share this sort of thing, do it on your own thread, please.

And OP, if you do have any trouble in the US, please let me know. Sometimes I can find resources that others cannot.

Sorry three if you didn't liked the post.
    But I think you misunderstood my point here.
    I was not scaring her, I told her before that if she can manage without her family, she should prefer freedom. because you live for once. Only thing I told her to be cautious.

It was general post not directed her, I was just sharing here what families do with people who leave Islam.

that video was related to issue, so I posted without any intentions. It was just fun post.

• Hi!
     Reply #18 - May 26, 2016, 10:39 PM

And you have no right to tell her how to live her life while fueling your perspective with fear mongering material. This board is here to make someone feel welcome and listen to what THEY have to say about their lives.

• Hi!
     Reply #19 - May 26, 2016, 11:07 PM

Sorry three if you didn't liked the post.
    But I think you misunderstood my point here.
    I was not scaring her, I told her before that if she can manage without her family, she should prefer freedom. because you live for once. Only thing I told her to be cautious.

It was general post not directed her, I was just sharing here what families do with people who leave Islam.

that video was related to issue, so I posted without any intentions. It was just fun post.

Most of us here know quite well what SOME families do when family members leave Islam. We have all kinds of stories here, you shared nothing new or helpful. Every post on this particular thread is directed at the OP, even if it gets off topic. Introduction threads belong to those who are introducing themselves!

• Hi!
     Reply #20 - May 27, 2016, 12:18 AM

Hey AutumnButterfly, Welcome to the side of logic from Alaska.

I am just going to say I found it is easier to become a "bad Muslim" SLOWLY because this way I could do what ever I want more and more and did not have to give up my relations with my family who I care about quite a bit. I did not think it was worth ruining family ties. Even though parents believe in heaven and hell, they use reason and common sense for everything except praying. They are normal, and believe in God, I didn't want to make them go through the psychological turmoil of believing in hell and thinking their son would be sent there. Their mental well being is more important to me than proclaiming my atheism.

Then I started University where I do whatever I want away from my family.

Long story short, you may not have to be open about your atheism, or even mention any doubts, consider acting like you believe but just dont practice as often.

Just consider the risk you take to your relationship with your family and how that may cause a lot of pain to your parents. Don't think you know how they will react because religion is incredibly emotional and emotions cause people to act completely different than they normally do (I have experienced it, I was shocked).

But I also know how it sucks you have to pretend to be something you are not, I just dont want to lose my family and dont want to ruin their lives, but that is just me  far away hug

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
  • Hi!
     Reply #21 - May 27, 2016, 01:15 AM

Well I won't give any further replies to "three" and  "movingfeet".
    These people are behaving here like islamic GOD "ALLAH".
    very oppressive and commanding.

Islamic remains on character.

I believe in freedom of speech and expression. if you don't like me, put me on your ignore list.

AutumnButterfly, I welcome you here.
    Have fun.

I won't comment any more in this thread because of people like "Three" and "movingfeet"

• Hi!
     Reply #22 - May 27, 2016, 01:21 AM

@afghan hassan: I understand but I do know it will be emotional for them. I flirted with leaving before last year saying I had "doubts". My mother said she was hurt that one of her children would ever choose a path that would guarantee them nothing but hell and that my morals would decline. Months later, my father found out I stopped praying and I said that I had doubts. He said I'm perpetuating the situation by not asking questions about the things in Islam I thought and that Shaytan has confused me. Now I just pray (or pretend to) just so they wouldn't bother me.

As things stand now, I have to live with them until I get since according to my father Muslim woman can't live alone and since he doesn't me.... I was considering living in a dorm but of course my parents have to decide that for me too (although they are not completely against the idea...).

I feel like living a double life will eventually blow up in my face. It will only be so long that I will able to pretend that I don't have a boyfriend, don't support LGBT rights or that I like the hijab. I'm sure it won't take long for them to find out the truth and confront me buut what can I do
  • Hi!
     Reply #23 - May 27, 2016, 01:28 AM

One more thing, you ARE A GIRL. I'm not some pervert so chill. It is statistics that more men leave their religion than women and this is due to our understanding of biology. Men are predisposed by birth just because they are men to have the part of their brain that understands spatial awareness and logic and abstract more active than the other side.  And it is a fact that women are more likely to have the side of their brain that understands language and art emotion to being more active.

This isn't HUGE or anything, but it does make a difference.

It should be a pat on anyone's back for leaving a religion because the evidence is not inline with religious faith, they need to twist things, but you can give yourself a LITTLE more credit because you are a women. At the end of the day both sexes can understand logic and reasoning but men have the advantage of being predisposed at birth to rely more heavily on it.

It is always funny how people who want to practice islam more often end up leaving it. I loved Islam and wanted to learn more, after that I became an apostate  Cheesy . Thought studying biology in Uni woulld strengthen imaan in quran and embryology: found out the muslims claiming science in quran either lied and twisted the scientific consensus or they were holding onto facts from  the early 1900s lol.

Welcome to the extended family of logic  bunny

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
  • Hi!
     Reply #24 - May 27, 2016, 01:39 AM

@afghan hassan: I understand but I do know it will be emotional for them. I flirted with leaving before last year saying I had "doubts". My mother said she was hurt that one of her children would ever choose a path that would guarantee them nothing but hell and that my morals would decline. Months later, my father found out I stopped praying and I said that I had doubts. He said I'm perpetuating the situation by not asking questions about the things in Islam I thought and that Shaytan has confused me. Now I just pray (or pretend to) just so they wouldn't bother me.

As things stand now, I have to live with them until I get since according to my father Muslim woman can't live alone and since he doesn't me.... I was considering living in a dorm but of course my parents have to decide that for me too (although they are not completely against the idea...).

I feel like living a double life will eventually blow up in my face. It will only be so long that I will able to pretend that I don't have a boyfriend, don't support LGBT rights or that I like the hijab. I'm sure it won't take long for them to find out the truth and confront me buut what can I do

Yes I realize that soon my parents will realise too that I do not believe, but again my experience was when my parents started to realize I had doubts and I saw it was hurting them alot even though they were not being very pushy on me, I said that my doubts were all gone, and they immediately sprung into happiness, again, it was very emotionally binding to them and they actually believed me very easily because they wanted to believe I would "return to islam" not really. So now I act normal but just talk about how awesome Mohammad was, even though I hate what I did, I can not lie, he did do SOME good in the world and it keeps parents thinking I believe in their nonsense.

I generally avoid politics completely so i never bring up LGBT with them. But what you mentioned could be a problem having a boyfriend, Honestly we all know men get it easier in Islam because it is a patriarchal religion, so It was not hard for me to live in a dorm and I can conceal my girlfriend more easily, and she is an Ex Muslim so it makes hiding her SOOO much easier because she understands. I would just advise you to be careful, you are walking on broken glass with the boyfriend and it seems your family is more conservative.

I am guessing you are in grade 12 right now, I am in first year University, luckily I left islam during the beginning of first year so I was already away from them, and I am just telling you because I am a little older and I already went through the motions of almost coming out but then hiding it; and all I want is for you understand what may happen by giving you my experiences, hoping you can benefit from anything I say and determine if it may be a problem for you. Because again it is not as big a deal for me because I am a man, but being a woman we know your behavior is scrutinized more by parents which I think sucks, but just think long and hard how you want to deal with this in your situation and consider what you want to happen and the opposite reaction and try to see if you can deal with the less preferable outcome, this way you understand the risk and have a plan to solve it, should you get an unfavorable reaction from your parents.

Good luck  Afro

• Hi!
     Reply #25 - May 27, 2016, 02:37 AM

One more thing, you ARE A GIRL. I'm not some pervert so chill. It is statistics that more men leave their religion than women and this is due to our understanding of biology. Men are predisposed by birth just because they are men to have the part of their brain that understands spatial awareness and logic and abstract more active than the other side.  And it is a fact that women are more likely to have the side of their brain that understands language and art emotion to being more active.

This isn't HUGE or anything, but it does make a difference.

You can't be serious.

• Hi!
     Reply #26 - May 27, 2016, 02:41 AM

Well, gender stereotypical judgements aside, if you are not yet able to support yourself or make it on your own and so are biding your time, then you are far from alone on this forum. There have been many girls (AND BOYS) here in your situation.  Just be careful and patient. It will work out.

• Hi!
     Reply #27 - May 27, 2016, 02:43 AM

You can't be serious.

He was. Maybe a bit young, though. Might not have met any girls who left home at age thirteen and managed their way around the big city. Yet.

• Hi!
     Reply #28 - May 27, 2016, 06:11 AM

I know it is a stereotype, that is why I said based of STATISTICS (not everyone, a mean of the data). I know feminists hate reality when it says men and women are biologically different.

Both Nature (the way you are born) and Nurture (the social influences on you) affect your behavior. BUT Nature is predisposition, but after that Nature takes over. It can be overridden, but nonetheless the mean shows that even from a young age in children before they learn to talk AND also in very young chimpanzees Our close relative, males are significantly more likely to want to play with building blocks and females were significantly more likely to want to play with a doll when both were presented.

Ofcourse Social Justice Warriors can't bend their mind around reality because they want to believe what they believe because they believe it; regardless, the evidence is clear, our nature between men and women is DIFFERENT whether you like it or not, but nurture takes over after that. The people you interact with, society you live in, etc...
    - All I was saying is that by Nature, women are not as likely to rely heavily on cold facts and logic compared to men, the reason they can, is because it is cultivated with NURTURE!!
       -You have the deck slightly stacked against you, but you are still able to override it, for males it is like a relatively flat hill, for women it is like a SLIGHT uphill.

Oh and because someone is going to get butthurt I will say this too, Men ARE SMARTER THAN WOMEN AND DUMBER. The mean of Men and women is close, but, Men have a larger positive and negative standard deviation than women. That means men are distributed in larger numbers as more intelligent and less intelligent while women are very close to the average of females overall. and in terms of average, THE AVERAGE MAN IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE AVERAGE WOMAN.
    This wasn't supposed to be an argument, it is just saying that you are unique in that you are ahead of the average for your gender, it is an accomplishment in that your Nurture put you AHEAD.

Maybe I am getting too energized, it's just annoying how we have these weird things you are not supposed to say even though the evidence is on the contrary. I am not going to twist reality; just because you think I am wrong Doesn't Make It SO      thnkyu

• Hi!
     Reply #29 - May 27, 2016, 02:23 PM

@afghan hassan
    Women are equal to men.
    You have something to grow, they have some other thing to grow.

Men and women brains are different on emotional levels, this is true.
    That's why they behave differently in same situations.

women are more religious than men.
    because they are living in a human society that is very oppressive.

Religious (moral) indoctrination in very young age plays a important role in women's life.

• 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »