Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: can absolute freedom be achieved

(Read 15146 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • can absolute freedom be achieved
     Reply #30 - May 26, 2016, 03:12 PM

...but my tears have dried away long time ago, No more tears in this life

You missed the mark, my post wasn’t about YZ the island.

I don’t expect forum discussions to be like email discussions. Criticism, wit, even snark comes with the territory, but you need to get over yourself.

I gave your depression study, as much thought as I gave supposed study on higher rate of suicide among atheists. None. Everyone here witnessed the misery of depression, and had a family member or friend that ended their life. No person or demographic group is immune to the tragedy of depression and suicide.

OMT: Get over the notion you hurt my feelings.

Regards, Joseph
     Reply #31 - May 27, 2016, 01:01 AM

This is not the first time I have wanted to make tea for yeezevee. I absolutely would, if I could.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #32 - May 27, 2016, 01:55 AM

You missed the mark, my post wasn’t about  YZ the island.

I don’t expect forum discussions to be like email discussions. Criticism, wit, even snark comes with the territory, but you need to get over yourself.

I gave your depression study, as much thought as I gave supposed study on higher rate of suicide among atheists. None. Everyone here witnessed the misery of depression, and had a family member or friend that ended their life. No person or demographic group is immune to the tragedy of depression and suicide.

OMT: Get over the notion you hurt my feelings.

Regards, Joseph

OMT...TMT...FMT..SMT..

Cheesy Cheesy    Joseph.... Joseph,  that is a new one .,    I am glad you cleared much of misunderstanding

and why not?? with good wishes of folks like you and your god "YZ the island" may buy an Island., And if I do that I would certainly call many folks from this forum for a cup of tea...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - May 27, 2016, 02:44 AM

Absolute freedom is an ideal and it can't be achieved while living within any society. You will be secluded and away from luxuries and safety, but you can live in the wilderness free of everything.

I doubt Waeil, is talking about that type of freedom.  I could be wrong, but judging from these statements in his posts :
    can you make me live forever and never die
    if i die then i am not free

and the following which I read as really meaning
    Help me think accept that it was just a big bang that my beautiful soul and yours are just a natural coincidence, a result of the random entropy of the big bang.
    ...  help me think  accept that my mother who died years ago help me think accept that she just vanished and turned into dust and will never ever exist again.

It appears that Waeil doesn't like  the thought that we are all mortal and finds comfort in 'hoping' that his 'faith' in a Creator/Allah will give him life everlasting hereafter.    No harm, as long as he practises his faith with Charity to all.
     Reply #34 - May 28, 2016, 02:41 AM

Of course Waeil “doesn’t like the thought”, and I don’t know of any person that likes it.

Guessing from Waeil posts, he simultaneously rejects atheism and rages against God. In my opinion the latter doesn’t equate to faith. Nevertheless if my assumption is correct, then I have sympathetic understanding of seeming paradox. Perhaps some here understand as well. I am very curious and interested in knowing Waeil. I would certainly make tea for him.   

No harm, as long as he practises his faith with Charity to all.

I'm not sure if you’re moving up a recommendation for committee approval or giving leave. But I didn’t read where permission to choose was requested, nor advice on living a life of goodness.

Regards, Joseph

Reply #35 - May 28, 2016, 04:11 PM

Of course Waeil “doesn’t like the thought”, and I don’t know of any person that likes it.

Guessing from Waeil posts, he simultaneously rejects atheism and rages against God. In my opinion the latter doesn’t equate to faith. Nevertheless if my assumption is correct, then I have sympathetic understanding of seeming paradox. ..................

hi  Joseph .. how are you doing ...  You are indeed precise in your analysis of others and their faith/belief ., You are right Waeil is as confused  as you and he is against atheism as well as against god ... .. Cheesy., may be we need a god for atheists., then we can control these rascals  and their foul   mouths ..

Reply #36 - May 28, 2016, 05:23 PM

can absolute freedom be achieved

yes. Can I interest you in a free personality test?

Reply #37 - May 28, 2016, 08:22 PM

Greetings Joseph,
    As to that last statement of mine:
    No harm, as long as he practises his faith with Charity to all.

Crikes, it was just a extension of a play of words on the virtues Faith Hope & Charity.  Apparently it fell flat Smiley, but how do you read  'permission' or any kind of judgement of Waeil's goodness Huh?.   Seriously ?  It was just a comment.   It didn't have any double or hidden meaning.   

In fact, wouldn't there be more peace in this life if  believers held the same sentiment towards people they don't agree with?  Especially those who hot-blooded believers who take a shortcut into the next life by blowing themselves and others whom they don't like in the process – Again may I make it clear that I am not in any way, shape or form equating you or Waeil or the majority of people who believe in the after life, with such extremists.

I was just responding to Movingfeet's post and giving my interpretation of those particular statements from Waeil's strange posts. I qualified it by saying  I could be wrong.   So your interpretation is as good as any.   But only Waeil knows what his posts meant or his motives. The 'gotcha' tone of his last post in which he “rests his case”  aroused reasonable doubt.   If we were mistaken, he could have corrected us.

(To avoid being misunderstood again by you,  I am using Gotcha in this the latter sense:

got·cha
      (gŏch′ə)
    interj.  Used to indicate understanding or to signal the fact of having caught or defeated another.

from theFreeDictionary.com)

I am sure that otherwise Waeil is a delightful character and totally tea party worthy. 

Regards.
     Reply #38 - May 28, 2016, 11:17 PM

In fact, wouldn't there be more peace in this life if  believers held the same sentiment towards people they don't agree with?

!00% true. And please accept my humble apologiy to you Sir

Regards, Joseph
     Reply #39 - May 28, 2016, 11:31 PM

Thats ok Joseph, Peace   ... btw, I'm a woman.   Smiley
     Reply #40 - May 29, 2016, 12:21 AM

Waeil is as confused  as you and he is against atheism as well as against god.

I think you interpreted sympathetic understanding to mean equal standpoint.  I’m content in my faith.

Regards, Joseph
     Reply #41 - May 29, 2016, 12:23 AM

... btw, I'm a woman.   Smiley

Ma'am: ) Peace.

Regards, joseph
     Reply #42 - May 29, 2016, 07:44 PM

I think you interpreted sympathetic understanding to mean equal standpoint.  I’m content in my faith.

Regards, Joseph

No.no I have not interpreted any of your posts this way or that way.,  I know nice folks like you keep options open and you yourself question your faith., Well  I am  glad your content with your faith   but nothing is static and I would argue to keep your options  open...

So do you think Christ is the way for the salvation of humanity..?

Reply #43 - May 29, 2016, 11:56 PM

No.
    There is no freedom in current times.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

Reply #44 - May 30, 2016, 03:38 PM

No.no I have not interpreted any of your posts this way or that way.

So you say.

You presume clairvoyance, I will presume same for myself: I say likewise for you.

“…do you think Christ is the way for the salvation of humanity?”

I would gladly share my faith in face-to-face discussion with anyone here, but I didn’t join CEMB in concern for atheists. I wish for everyone here everything I wish for myself, and will leave it at that.

Regards. Joseph
     Reply #45 - May 31, 2016, 07:03 PM

So you say.

You presume clairvoyance, I will presume same for myself: I say likewise for you.

clairvoyance??  Me??    Well i have done predictions .... still  do predict and often  propose unproven hypothesis based upon some sort of intuition/my background  + the data from me and others but many times I failed so i threw many such proposals in to dustbins and forget about them  Joseph., But i have  NO  Clairvoyance abilities., No extra sensory perception abilities  AND HAVE NO PARANORMAL BEHAVIOR ..

I would gladly share my faith in face-to-face discussion with anyone here, but I didn’t join CEMB in concern for atheists. I wish for everyone here everything I wish for myself, and will leave it at that.

Regards. Joseph

well thank you for that offer.,  but such one to one face-to-face discussion is expensive unless we are living close by .. Moreover it may only help one us but not others.,  where as on web in a forum like this.,   I am certain you have the abilities and words  that may be helpful to other readers Joseph ..

with best regards
    yeezevee

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »