Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Who is better?

(Read 5507 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Who is better?
     Reply #30 - April 27, 2016, 05:40 PM

I know little about social psychology but I have read Propaganda by Edward Bernays. That is to say, it is the repetition of half truths and individualistic Muslim cases that couldn't be representative of the generality of their population that is at fault and causing social damage to real people out there, whose terrible sin is to have been born into a Muslim family that brought them up Muslim.

It is for this sin of being that others generalise against these Muslims with unctuous relish; pillory and attack them on purpose in their dearly held personal centre (their humanity) in the name of truth telling; and regularly imply character as well as behavioural kinship between them and their most notorious co-religionists.

I think highly enough of the people on this forum to hope and trust they can walk the tightrope between rightfully caricaturing Islam and wrongfully demonising Muslims. Equally, I do get the restrictive psychological pressure of trying not to offend through one's style of discourse, probably because when I write, I try to write like an angel while thinking like the Devil.

----------------------------
    Fully updated.

I confess, I haven't taking into account how much damage these things can do. Whether this is because not being a Muslim I've never experienced this, or whether because I'm not the kind of getting easily offended, I couldn't say. Or I was too much focused on what I thought to be as the only generalization in Free mind post: Islam making Muslims to do bad things? It doesn't matter now, the thing is that you are right, we must be very carefully when generalizing when it comes to people. If not for offending a whole group, at least for being correct in our statements.
  • Who is better?
     Reply #31 - April 27, 2016, 06:24 PM

I'm writing in a hurry as I'm trying to find a place to sleep tonight as the Home Office thankfully refused my application for accommodation.
    Anyway, I am posting now a text message I received yesterday from a Muslim about one of the Muslim Imams in London.

"No worries bro. You'll be fine this is all a test,
    Just be patient.
    Btw sheikh isn't returning John's deposit. He says apparently he gave it to me that day outside solicitors office. You are witness he never said anything about anybody and didn't give me any money. My money is my money. He is one big liar pretending to be some religious scholar. All he is interested in is money bro, he sickens me now."
  • Who is better?
     Reply #32 - April 27, 2016, 06:31 PM

Again and again I repeat that I'm writing about my own experience in the Muslim circle.
    Being a teacher in an Islamic religious institution in my country enabled me to be closer to this circle. I don't intend or care to defame Muslims, it won't change their mentality to accept criticism.
    What I am doing is to express my frustration and their hypocrisy. That is it.
  • Who is better?
     Reply #33 - April 28, 2016, 01:12 AM

What goes around, comes around... Haha I guess even the imams are starting to cannibalize their own? First it's the dirty western governments, now it's "their own people". Now is when it's so sickening... cause it's starting to affect them. lol.

Muslim Benefit Cheat Caught, reads a headline. Council BANS Christmas Decorations Not to Offend Muslims, would read another. Muslim Family in SEVEN Bedroom House On Taxpayers, reads a third. Plans to Build MEGA-MOSQUE in Newham. Underage Girls Passed Around As Piece of MEAT by Asian Muslim Gang Paedophile Ring.

These mock headlines have no doubt more than a kernel of truth behind them. They're not, in other words, a tissue of syndicated lies. But this faultfinding focus on a particular segment of people in society, with a repeated reference to their being Muslim, will inevitably result in demonising and otherising them as well as putting them on the defensive when it comes to their ownership of the country. (The readership has in its non-PC fold a multitude of useful idiots — and a thoroughly misinformed man who mistakenly assaulted a paediatrician because he thought it had something to do with paedophilia — and other emotional types not all too easily given to introspection and critical analysis, as so they appear to me if their comments underneath such articles is anything to go by, that puts these negative stories into a perspective, away from the usual moral panics.)

To be fair. Christianity is treated just as bad. Even South Park makes a joke about Churches having their own personal boy toys. The worst part of Christianity is always on highlight, like the westboro baptist church, and Christian teachings are always challenged. There are so many websites mocking Christianity and defaming Jesus.

Muslims are treated far worse than Christians because they're seen as invaders while Christians are still seen as their own people.... Therefore not enough to justify murder.
  • Who is better?
     Reply #34 - April 28, 2016, 07:38 AM

well this new link from DAWN  written by Tauseef  Razi Mallick  is relevant here it says..

Majority Pakistanis want legislation to be influenced by Islam, survey reveals

KARACHI: Around 78 per cent of Pakistan’s population “strictly supports” that the teachings of Holy Quran should influence the country’s laws, a report said.

A research report issued by Pew Research Center on Wednesday titled “Whether Quran should influence laws in countries” posed the question to respondents from 10 countries with significant Muslim populations.

The question was posed in the following words: “Which of the following three statements comes closer to your view: Laws in your country should strictly follow the teachings of the Quran, laws in your country should follow the values and principles of Islam but not strictly follow the teachings of Quran, laws in your country should not be influenced by the teachings of the Quran.”

The report noted a striking variation in the extent to which people think the Holy Quran should influence their nation’s laws.

In Pakistan, the Palestinian territories, Jordan, Malaysia and Senegal, roughly half or more of the full population says that laws in their country should strictly follow the teachings of the Holy Quran, said the report.

By contrast, in Burkina Faso, Turkey, Lebanon and Indonesia, less than a quarter agree for this. While only 13% of Turkish respondents “strictly support” Islamic influence on legislation, Saudi Arabia and Iran were conspicuously absent from the survey despite their considerable Muslim populations.

The second category of respondents – those who feel legislations should be enacted following the principles of Islam but “not strictly” – amassed at 16%.

Only 2 per cent of the approached Pakistani respondents were of the view that the country’s laws should not be influenced by the Holy Quran.

read it all at the link and we can question data collection  mode   and its analysis.,but ground results are not far from that with idiots like these preaching Islamic rules day in and day out at Madrasas like these ..

read the baboon what he says by clicking his beard  and this account Concealed truth: What is wrong  with madrasas?

once you accept silly books written by some cave dwellers as truth and nothing but truth  and on  top of it allow the baboons of Islam to preach to 1000s of kids IT WILL BE A SLIPPERY SLOPE ..

So the point is free mind must have freedom  to express, question and air his  frustration  and others should be able to correct him here and there..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »