Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What Muslims think

(Read 6346 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What Muslims think
     OP - April 12, 2016, 03:28 AM

Now I ahven't read this 'controversial' survey: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36016708

And I'll for a nuanced discussion with both sides perhaps having good points to make. But is anyone else sick of the adamant denialism in the Muslim community? I understand the perception of being under 'attack' or that profiling may be an issue.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #1 - April 12, 2016, 05:20 AM

Reporting is insincere and sensationalist as fuck.

85% said organizations that publish images of the Prophet Muhammad don't deserve to be attacked. 68% said acts of violence against those who publish images of the prophet can never be justified. 62% said they have no sympathy for the Paris attacks. 64% said they don't understand the motives of those who launch attacks in the name of Islam.

What does the BBC mention?

A different survey commissioned by the BBC in February 2015 found that 93% of Muslims living in Britain believed they should follow British laws. In the same survey, 27% said they had some sympathy for the motives behind the attacks on Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Full results of the poll can be downloaded here.

The BBC is trying too hard to be "objective" that it's showing the "bad news" even when said "bad news" is that a minority of respondents said they had some sympathy for the motives behind the Paris attacks.

What rubbish.
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #2 - April 12, 2016, 04:17 PM

To be honest. That's the figure I'd be most concerned about and want to hear.

In the same survey, 27% said they had some sympathy for the motives behind the attacks on Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

62% said they have no sympathy for the Paris attacks.

Those as the idiots who either go out and commit the atrocities or support them altogether. Unless there's a 'unsure' category. What is sensationalist if they are reporting facts or figures?

i'd love to hear what more people say about it.

I'm  more interested in the methodology.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #3 - April 12, 2016, 04:38 PM

As the popular saying goes,"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Whether the media report the 27% figure or the 62% figure determines the perspective with which people view Muslims: "A lot of Muslims sympathize with terrorism" vs. "Most Muslims are opposed to terrorism."
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #4 - April 12, 2016, 05:04 PM

Lol I just posted a tweet under this hashtag

• What Muslims think
     Reply #5 - April 12, 2016, 05:07 PM

Thought I'd support it. Though your right it may support denialism.

It's a difficult line to draw though. Between trying to create a truly new and different Muslim narrative and falling into the trap of encouraging denialism.
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #6 - April 12, 2016, 07:04 PM

I'm not sure how showing statistics supports denialism? Maybe less work needs to be done than some people think. Maybe some people are in denial about how decent most Muslims are. Unless you can show that this survey was done with an ulterior motive to prove that Muslims aren't all that bad.
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #7 - April 12, 2016, 09:29 PM

Yeah because ALL OVER the Western imperialist media there's so much stereotyping of Muslims.

Boo to facts.

whistling2

• Re: What Muslims think
     Reply #8 - April 13, 2016, 04:43 AM

Yeah because ALL OVER the Western imperialist media there's so much stereotyping of Muslims.

Boo to facts.

whistling2

Boo to facts??  facts .. Boooooo.. A Muslim Boooo?  watch it ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1wwWjlsPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsf5__e9q0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QedisAjDj_4

and that is  Dr. Sayyid Al-Qemany  of Egypt, he says  he has only a little time left to live, and t  he planned to dedicate the rest of his life” to pit the country against Al-Azhar.” He then challenged the Islamists to kill him, saying that they would be “martyred” and that he “would rest in peace.”

watch it Jedi watch it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• What Muslims think
     Reply #9 - April 14, 2016, 08:36 PM

So did anybody watch this last night then? 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #10 - April 14, 2016, 09:28 PM

If only 62% said they have no sympathy for the Paris attacks, that is very alarming.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #11 - April 14, 2016, 09:29 PM

Relax, guys. The Trevor Philips programme was just another example of metropolitan liberal intolerance at work, don'tchaknow?
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #12 - April 14, 2016, 09:45 PM

lol, yeah...all other religions are treated with reverence and respect.

That racist documentary some years ago about Muslims should be banned. What was it called?? Citizen KHAN, THAT'S RIGHT!  dance

• What Muslims think
     Reply #13 - April 15, 2016, 02:49 AM

Christ. WHATABOUTISMWHATABOUTISMWHATABOUTISM. HEY it's not only muslims doing that!!! Look at the Roman Catholics! Hey they do charity and have good family structure integrity so that makes it okay to be homophobic and rape little boys!

Christianity has been dismantled and put on harsher lens, and apostates of Christianity now can live in peace. Apostates from Islam? Not so much. This.. sickening idea that other religions are just as stupid (now not so) is not only untrue, but also that all those scandals that erupted actually had been used to criticize said religions. But Islam? Nope never ever. It seems that no muslims who say "look at Christianity, Hindu, etc" actually understand that in so many Christian-majority countries, Christianity itself already waned in popularity and people stopped taking it seriously. Not so with Islam, but of course it's all the same.
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #14 - April 15, 2016, 10:26 PM

There is something rather virulently obnoxious about Islam that makes most of it its adherents intolerant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6dMG7Ih4w

If the new generation are becoming tolerant, it's not because of Islam, it's because Western life and the rights many enjoy has sedated them and held their views captive.

Replace the word kafir with black and you realise how dispicable it is and most Muslims recite this, day in day out and this informs their worldview. That kafir is the child that needs to be pitied by the enlightened Muslim.

• What Muslims think
     Reply #15 - April 16, 2016, 10:31 AM

boy  Jedi  threw couple of nuggets in to the post.,  let me separate them and ask the question to the readers..
    Nugget-1: "Replace the word kafir with black and you realize how despicable it is and most Muslims recite this, day in day out.

Nugget-2:   The kafir is the child that needs to be pitied by the enlightened Muslim  

Nugget-3:   ....If the new generation are becoming tolerant, it's not because of Islam, it's because Western life and the rights many enjoy has sedated them and held their views captive. .....  Jedi

Now on that Somali  girl
    There is something rather virulently obnoxious about Islam that makes most of it its adherents intolerant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6dMG7Ih4w

Well that Somalian girl is naive doing bit of dua challenge,    It is like that "Ice Bucket Challenge"  but for Islam's cause ., For me what she is doing is not a big deal., and such duas on internet is can easily be countered  But  the deal is in the interesting  responses under that tube..  they give me the pulse of the readers

She is just a innocent girl and I can not blame her for what she is doing  unlike these baboons of Islam(PBUT)  such as these  that preachers in mosques on whom I rain -----

1000s of them around the globe and it doesn't end with with such fools of Islam,  unfortunately it also goes to good folks in Islam who never harmed others  but they  say these things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Evi2kizVSE

he was a good man.. and preached Islam day in and day out in South Africa... well that is life..

So Jedi in short what she is saying in that video   " IS NOT HER FAULT".,  Now   question is,  how to answer  these words of yours
    "There is something rather virulently obnoxious about Islam that makes most of it its adherents intolerant."

So what is  that something   virulently obnoxious about Islam that makes most of its adherents intolerant??  and what should we do  to  get rid of it ?   It is very important to separate  Islam and Muslims .. These two are different things..

• What Muslims think
     Reply #16 - April 16, 2016, 06:19 PM

That's why I posted the pic.

Read the comments section - these aren't your extremists but the moderate, everyday Muslim worldview.

• What Muslims think
     Reply #17 - April 16, 2016, 08:34 PM

That racist documentary some years ago about Muslims should be banned. What was it called?? Citizen KHAN, THAT'S RIGHT!  dance

And the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54
  • What Muslims think
     Reply #18 - April 18, 2016, 11:40 AM

........Read the comments section - these aren't your extremists but the moderate, everyday Muslim worldview.

Cheesy   I actually read the comments of the viewers first  before watching an internet tube/video if I don't know the people in that video Jedi  .. but these words of yours
    ...That racist documentary some years ago about Muslims should be banned. What was it called?? Citizen KHAN, THAT'S RIGHT!  dance

reminds me  a big mouth lady ..  Rupa Huq ..   Politician of England from Bangladesh origin ..

BBC sitcom Citizen Khan 'Islamophobic', says MP  that is bbc news link from couple of days back..  I don't know whether  that show Citizen Khan is ISLAMOPHOBIC or not  as certainly it makes fun of Islamic/Muslim family rituals ..

But  the news from AMRIKA is obviously Muslim Phobic..

• What Muslims think
     Reply #19 - June 25, 2016, 06:05 AM

As the popular saying goes,"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Whether the media report the 27% figure or the 62% figure determines the perspective with which people view Muslims: "A lot of Muslims sympathize with terrorism" vs. "Most Muslims are opposed to terrorism."

I used to work at a large, national news and PR agency which had two separate PR companies based in the office I worked from. That bit I underlined about statistics is true. Take any figures you read in surveys carried out for the media (news or advertising) with more than just a pinch of salt. These PR people are very good at what they do.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »