Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I am an exmuslim.

(Read 4296 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I am an exmuslim.
     OP - March 08, 2016, 07:14 PM

Who am I? Well, I'm from the UK (makes sense, considering the name of this website), I'm a programmer, and I am an exmuslim.

Wow. I am not a Muslim.

It feels weird saying that... I don't have an exact date for when I knew I wanted to leave but I think it has been a year.

I've eaten my fair share of haram food and consumed... some alcohol. I haven't had much bacon, though... only crappy Morrisons salad bar bacon and bacon whilst camping!

What was your first experience with haram things? And hello Smiley
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #1 - March 08, 2016, 07:15 PM

Welcome parrot
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #2 - March 08, 2016, 07:54 PM

Hi wf000aa! You had never drunk alcohol before you left islam,it is understood that you were a devout muslim.  Can u tell me what caused u to make such a radical decision? What were the main reasons? I hv been questioning islam for a long time too that's why im asking this...
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #3 - March 08, 2016, 08:41 PM

Hi wf000aa! Wierd thing is when I was Muslim haraam things seemed a hell of a lot more appealing but now it doesn't seem that special lol! I did try alcohol a few times before though but not for enjoyment, more like a way to harm myself if that makes any sense!

The only haraam foods I've had since becoming an ex-Muslim are sweets containing gelatin lol! I'm yet to try bacon but have heard nothing but praise so hope to try it soon!

Anyway from one newbie to another,  Welcome!  far away hug

Skeptick Sal
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #4 - March 09, 2016, 01:36 AM

Welcome! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #5 - March 09, 2016, 01:53 AM

What was your first experience with haram things? And hello Smiley

Hi wf000aa,
    Congratulations and welcome! My answer to your question is here: https://anjulipandavar.wordpress.com/2016/02/21/my-rehabilitation-of-pigs/
    Enjoy!  Smiley

New general blog, Autonomous Individual, under construction at Freethought Blogs to be launched soon with posts on Pedagogy, Religion, Cities and Marriage Equality. http://freethoughtblogs.com/anjuli
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #6 - March 13, 2016, 06:47 PM

Thank you for the kind welcome, everyone Smiley

The decisions weren't radical, leaving Islam isn't just like flipping a switch. The first time I had alcohol I had a single sip of Jack Daniels. Just one sip. And that was all I had that month.
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #7 - March 13, 2016, 06:53 PM

JD is the way to go. We're friends!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #8 - March 13, 2016, 08:06 PM

Thank you for the kind welcome, everyone Smiley

The decisions weren't radical, leaving Islam isn't just like flipping a switch. The first time I had alcohol I had a single sip of Jack Daniels. Just one sip. And that was all I had that month.

So does that mean that all ex-Muslims leave Islam just so they can lead lives of debauchery??   Wink
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #9 - March 13, 2016, 10:17 PM

Quote from: webbess1link=topic=29869.msg849652#msg849652 date=1457895197
    does that mean that all ex-Muslims leave Islam just so they can lead lives of debauchery??   

Of course not. I understand that your reply was probably rhetorical, but I'll answer it anyway.

There are many people that still keep certain "values" (no sex before marriage, no alcohol, etc). However, I am seventeen and everyday I go out with my friends for lunch during school hours. It is so easy to make the transition over to "no Islam" by eating the food that you've grown up being told not to eat. I can't make that transition away from salaah and "general Muslim life" at home with family, but I can live a lifestyle away from Islam outside my "life at home".
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #10 - April 03, 2016, 05:14 PM

Welcome  parrot

Well, I still somehow avoid eating pork  piggy it feels strange for me to eat it after so many years. But sometimes I do eat sausages  whistling2
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #11 - April 04, 2016, 06:28 PM

We need to "discover" a Persian painting of Moslems going to hell for eating pork sausages :-)

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • I am an exmuslim.
     Reply #12 - April 05, 2016, 05:58 PM

I ate bacon for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was the strangest experience ever. I always thought that I could never eat it regardless of my faith but after the first bite I realised...it is delicious!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »