Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
Today at 07:16 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: AlMaghrib course - No Doubt: God, Religion and Politics in the Modern World

(Read 3876 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • AlMaghrib course - No Doubt: God, Religion and Politics in the Modern World
     OP - February 22, 2016, 03:00 PM

I think it makes sense for participants on these forums to attend these events otherwise I fear they are mere echo chambers for platitudes and complacency. People need to hear your truths, experiences and critiques.

March Bank Holiday Weekend
    http://almaghrib.org/seminars/islamic-theology/no-doubt#info

Reply #1 - February 22, 2016, 05:58 PM

As the late US Supreme Court Judge Justice Scalia once stated:

What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?

This sums up my feelings of the conference. I applaud any and all attempts at creating a harmonious environment but I value truth and honesty far greater. Regarding the section on  'Islam v. 'the other''. - unless you perform feats of intellectual gymnastics and/or suffer from textual amnesia you will come tot he unequivocal conclusion that 'the other' i.e. non-Muslims are regarded as debase, corrupt, ignorant and doomed to Hell simply for not believing. Hell, Satan was banished and condemned for refusing ONE of Allah's commandments, what chance have we then who reject ALL of his commandments?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - February 22, 2016, 07:24 PM

" whereas others are new (if science allegedly proves that mankind has evolved from previous life forms, what does that mean for us as Muslims who believe in the story of the Prophet Adam?)"

This killed it for me. Science has demonstrated evolution is true, not allegedly or if. It will just deny evolution in favour of faith as people that follow religious ideologies often do. I can just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdXKLipHfY for an idea of what I would hear. It would be a waste of time as any honest discussion is already void by denying evolution.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »