Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Feel isolated and lonely :(

(Read 2658 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Feel isolated and lonely :(
     OP - February 05, 2016, 11:04 PM

Hi

I've somehow stumbled upon your forum after having no one else to talk to openly any more. :(

I've always kinda known that religion was all a fairy tale, that's not what brings me here. I recently lost my best friend of several years due to Islam.  Cry We knew each other inside out, had so much in common and would have made a perfect couple had it not been for the fact that she was a devout Muslim and myself an atheist. I still kinda live a Muslim lifestyle e.g. don't drink, try to take part in Ramadan as it helps you to see how privileged we are, don't eat pork as it feels alien (kinda like a non-Muslim eating dog meat) etc. I completely reject the supernatural/spiritual side of Islam though.

I proposed, and she agreed that we would have made a good couple but refused due to religion. Things got messy, we stopped talking and the rest is history.

Its been several months now and its been getting me down that all the people around me are getting married, having kids and getting on with life. I'd like to find someone from the same cultural background as myself but it just seems impossible to find someone that also feels the same way about Islam. Are we really that rare?
     Reply #1 - February 05, 2016, 11:10 PM

I don't know about rare, but we certainly have very unique experiences in comparison to the general populace, Atlas.  Smiley

And I think many people find themselves isolated and lonely these days. It's seems to just be a reality of many people's modern life, even if not an inevitability. We ought to try and branch out and seek out those meaningful connections that are sure to be made with a bit of effort, but it's often quite a bother innit?  Tongue

Anyway, I hope you do find this an enjoyable place to connect with like-minded and otherwise. Welcome, and have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - February 06, 2016, 02:21 AM

parrot
    Welcome! I think it seems as if we are rare because no one talks about leaving Islam, doubting Islam, or varying from their own community´s interpretation of Islam.
    Perhaps you can find a liberal or progressive community, or ex Muslim meet up?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2016, 01:25 PM

Sorry to hear that but I think this is the best for you coz if you guys are still together,this religion thing would be a problem in future.
    You'll be okay.

Weirdo and introvert.
     Reply #4 - February 17, 2016, 01:50 PM

Welcome to the forum. It is not that rare. The word "Muslim" is open to so much definition. Even within the same religion our thoughts differ widely between Muslim. I don't know how to define myself too. I don't believe the Quran to be inerrant and Allah to exist like how it was described. I still prayed 5 times a day and fast as I need something to hold on too. Yes the best definition for me is agnostic Muslim. I am an atheist but not quite. I am Muslim but also not quite.

I am more "Muslim" than my friends that called them Muslim. I don't understand why don't pray. I don't understand why they have such bad attitudes and characters. I am "suffering" now in my present state.

You can keep sharing you non-belief here. It is a safe place here. Losing religion is hard but I just want to say, it you have a job and you are comfortable, have friends though not close but not pressuring you to do bad thing in work. I would say all is good. I am suffering from those problems.

If leaning to any type of "faith" or believe give you comfort just do it. It does not matter what kind as long as it don't do harm.
     Reply #5 - February 19, 2016, 07:34 PM

I just joined and I admit that I don't live in the UK or even Europe but I think ex-moose should unite worldwide! That way we won't feel isolated as much.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »