Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi newbie here! :)

(Read 3955 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi newbie here! :)
     OP - February 05, 2016, 07:12 PM

Hi, just wanted to put a post up to say hello and explain how I got here....

I've always practised Islam but was never satisfied that I knew enough....so short story is that in my quest for knowledge to become a better Muslim I inadvertently ended up a disbeliever! wacko

For me it wasn't really a gradual thing, I used to have questions but was always satisfied with whatever answers I'd get from apologetics as I always believed the Quran was actually God's word (feel so stupid saying that now!)...anyway, one day I was on some Islamic forum looking at some discussion of heaven and hell (became interested in the subject due to a recent death in the family) and there was one post by an ex-Muslim who explained quite logically how heaven and hell were the reason he realised that the Quran wasn't written by God but was all man-made.  He then went on to explain other errors with the Quran and it was in that one moment I realised how deluded I'd been all this time.   Huh?

The world seems like a scary place at times as it is but suddenly it seemed a lot more scarier and I frantically searched through the responses to this guys post in the hope that some Muslim was going to prove him wrong but sadly there wasn't anything satisfying. My faith in what I knew as Islam disappeared, just like that! Cry

I'm still getting used to the situation so even though a part of me is glad at the same time I feel sad that a huge part of my life turned out to be a lie......and feel mega stupid for it taking me so long to come to that realisation as I'm now a single mother of two children who go to a frickin Islamic school (I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry about that!!!) so knowing even just a few years earlier would have been nice!

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now and I look forward to interacting with you all  Smiley

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #1 - February 05, 2016, 07:27 PM

Welcome parrot
     Reply #2 - February 05, 2016, 10:09 PM

desouled16,

You're welcome..  far away hug

You can be full of kindness and love, but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog
     Reply #3 - February 05, 2016, 11:59 PM

thnkyu

Just had a conversation with my non-practising Muslim ex- husband about letting kids have a choice in terms of religion when they got older.....he said he agreed that a lot of religion is BS anyway.....I got all excited thinking this is gonna be easier than I thought.  I then went on to explain how I thought the Quran is a man made book and he said "of course it is"..... At this point I was like wow, this guys agreeing with me.....then he said "Allah spoke to Muhammed through the Angel Gabriel and then people wrote it down making it a man made book of Allah's message!"

Then I wasted the next half hour going round in circles discussing errors in the Quran....he agreed with every point but still couldn't get his head round how it couldn't be Allahs word so I gave up!

Fills me with dread thinking about all the conversations I'll be having eventually with other members of my family  Huh?

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #4 - February 06, 2016, 12:55 AM

try to be patient with people. you say you came round gradually to this way of thinking. so you need to give your ex some time too. now you've planted the seed......well who knows....he may eventually agree with you. but its unfair to ask people to change when you change...if you catch my drift.
     Reply #5 - February 06, 2016, 02:23 AM

Oh no, I don't want anyone to change....in fact I'd much rather not talk about it to any one in my family (not right now anyway) but its unavoidable when my kids spend time with their dad and other family members and they'll wonder why the kids are no longer reciting surats, learning salat etc when it's something I always encouraged before. 

I'm still in two minds now whether I should leave my kids in Islamic school and let them make their own mind up later or whether I should get them out as soon as possible. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #6 - February 06, 2016, 02:27 AM

I was lucky enough to know I wanted my kids in a science focused environment before they started school, and I found a school like that last year.
    I would not be able to leave my kids in an Islamic school, but if you feel it is unavoidable due to family pressures and all that, perhaps you can round out their education with sports or science clubs on weekends and summers.
    And welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #7 - February 06, 2016, 10:20 AM

Welcome! All the best with your family situation  parrot
     Reply #8 - February 13, 2016, 11:29 PM

Welcome  bunny parrot bunny
     Reply #9 - February 14, 2016, 08:13 AM

Welcome!  parrot bunny
     Reply #10 - February 14, 2016, 07:08 PM

Welcome  cool2
     Reply #11 - February 15, 2016, 03:28 PM

Welcome to the forum desouled16, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - February 29, 2016, 08:17 PM

Sorry been spending time reading through previous threads and forgot all about this one! Thank you all for being so welcoming.  I also wanted to say thank you to everyone that's taken time to write about their experiences in others threads. It really helps a newbie like me to look back at old posts and realise that there's been a whole network of people in similar situations for years.

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #13 - February 29, 2016, 08:18 PM

thnkyu

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #14 - March 03, 2016, 09:43 PM

Welcome  parrot
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »