Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-muslim and wanting to move out

(Read 2717 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-muslim and wanting to move out
     OP - January 23, 2016, 01:44 PM

Hi,

So my name is Senay, never believed in islam but always kept it to myself as i didnt want to cause my family 'grief'.

Im wanting to leave Islam but i know for a fact i wont be able to stay at home, i need to get away.
    Im 18 in a few months but i really need to get away, can i apply for housing? Furthermore, does anyone know if i can still apply to student loans without my parents income?

(:
     Reply #1 - January 23, 2016, 10:52 PM

I am facing the same problem as you Senay. I have yet to make a bold statement of denouncing Islam to my family but they are aware of the changes. So far, only my brother knows about my apostasy.  I stopped praying 5 times a day  and asked questions that to them is considered blasphemy. The nagging won't stop.  They keep telling me to pray and I get woken open almost every morning to pray.  It is extremely annoying but it's better than becoming homeless. I just pretend. Once I've acquired the means to support myself, I will move out. Patience is virtue.

Islam is a religion of peace..the kind of peace you find six feet under if you try to leave
     Reply #2 - January 24, 2016, 01:48 AM

Welcome! The most important part of striking out on your own is financial stability. If you can wait until after finishing your education, do so. If you can get financial aid without considering your parents I suppose would depend on where you live. In the US it is very hard to do.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #3 - January 24, 2016, 11:31 AM

In terms of financial stability I have a couple of grand stashed away and I'm working part time. I told my boyfirned about this situation and he told me to wait till august and hes booked me coach tickets to stay at his until uni. We have already booked a studio room for university and hes currently working full time. (:

I don't know I feel guilty about running away but my plan is to leave a note to tell them im not missing, so they dont call the police. I do love my parents and my mums disabled which makes me feel really really guilty. But if i stay I wont be able to do the things I love and I wont be able to move out unless I get married. My parents are quite 'liberal' they dont make me wear a hijab or anything. My extended family worries me more and so does the community thats why i feel i need to get away.
     lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
     Reply #4 - January 24, 2016, 05:57 PM

Obviously I don't know your relationship with your boyfriend, but I don't think moving in with him just because you're moving away from your parents is a good idea. You need to build independence, and it's very easy to be dependent on someone when they're so supportive and you're used to being dependent.
     Reply #5 - January 24, 2016, 10:28 PM

I really echo that. Moving from dependency to dependency does not get you on your feet. Try like hell to get your own place, your own everything.
    I had to make a lot of bad decisions as an adult because I was between a rock and a hard place like that, without my own place or income.
    If there is any way at all to become independent, do that instead.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »