Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What I learned about sex (post-apostasy)

(Read 20210 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What I learned about sex (post-apostasy)
     Reply #30 - January 01, 2016, 05:57 PM

The only reason I'd consider marriage, and I'm almost not even kidding here Grin, would be so I could wear a beautiful gown.

Damn, someone really needs to take me out somewhere so I can wear a beautiful dress without looking misplaced. 

I like the way you think! Marriage seems like an unnecessary headache but I would absolutely love to shop around for a gorgeous dress and plan a huge winter wonderland party. Weddings are awesome  grin12
     Reply #31 - January 01, 2016, 06:05 PM

Well as far as I know, you don't need a legally binding contract and stuff to have a winter wonderland party. However, if that's what you think you need to get a satisfactory result for yourself, go for it!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #32 - January 01, 2016, 06:44 PM

I need a good excuse though, a wedding is a good one Tongue
     Reply #33 - January 01, 2016, 07:46 PM

Have fun!

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #34 - January 01, 2016, 08:02 PM

Lol it's not something I would actually do, I think that would be pretty cold. Was just stating the only thing (in my opinion) that is good about getting married Tongue
     Reply #35 - January 01, 2016, 08:09 PM

I think having a dress up party would have been fun to do when I was younger. I used to dress up and play Monopoly with my husband, though I am not sure he understood the motivation.
    Just have a party. A formal dress party where everyone brings something to eat or drink.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #36 - January 01, 2016, 08:25 PM

Dress up and Monopoly? Interesting combination Smiley

It would probably be strange to turn up to a party like that in a dramatic white dress though  Grin

@the OP sorry for derailing the thread, I'll stop.
     Reply #37 - January 02, 2016, 02:51 AM

Damn, someone really needs to take me out somewhere so I can wear a beautiful dress without looking misplaced. 

Are you into jfashion?
    Some lolita fashion can be wedding-dress-y. At the very least you can wear a beautiful dress everyday if you want xD

Wedding-dress like : (There are many lolita accessories that are over the top, like wearing crown and veils)
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-189500537.18.rkKRBo&id=44670096703

Classic lolita :
    https://surfacespell.taobao.com/category-303139750.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.0.0.yrACve&search=y&catName=New+arrival+++%D0%C2%C6%B7%2F%CC%D8%B5%E4

More Casual Lolita : (Casual lolita is about wearing the dress daily... So they are more simple)

http://lolitafashion.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Magdalene
    http://imgur.com/a/fUCHD
     Reply #38 - January 02, 2016, 03:59 AM

There are two kinds of heterosexual men on this planet, as far as I can tell:

1. Blessed
    2. Those that engage in their life's work in some form or another in pursuit of sex

Well, thank God I'm not heterosexual? That sounds like a very narrow scope of life.
     Reply #39 - January 02, 2016, 02:17 PM

Well there's a wide scope of "blessed", I suppose.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #40 - January 02, 2016, 03:18 PM

That post confused me, Idon't get it.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #41 - January 02, 2016, 08:50 PM

My post? What is confusing about it? It's a just a lamentation on the power of the heterosexual male sex drive, as posited by a particular heterosexual male.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #42 - January 02, 2016, 09:25 PM

It still says nothing to me. But then I'm not a heterosexual male.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #43 - January 02, 2016, 09:32 PM

Are you into jfashion?
    Some lolita fashion...

Are you kidding me!? Grin Don't get me wrong, I actually find the lolita thing to be absolutely adorable. Wouldn't mind dressing lolita-ish from time to time. But I have a hard time as it is fitting in and actually finding nice clothes, with my inclination to bright colours and patterns, and whatnot. This is the land where everyone wears black, and if you try anything remotely to be deemed "continental" (Cheesy), you're looked at as a weirdo. "What is this, Italy?? Roll Eyes". This is Sweden, don't try being better than anyone else! We even have a word for it, "jantelagen".

PS I actually lucked out because of this once. Bought a beautiful designer silk summer dress in "tropical" colour and pattern. The designer store had brought it in from Italy, but not a single Swedish lady had dared to buy it. Several had looked at it, but all of them was like "meeeh, how can I wear this??". Gurl, I can wear that. It had originally cost over 350 euros, bought it for a lot less because they needed room for their fall collection...

Reply #44 - January 02, 2016, 10:10 PM

It still says nothing to me. But then I'm not a heterosexual male.

That's fine. We don't always have to get one another.  Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #45 - January 03, 2016, 02:51 AM

Are you into jfashion?
    Some lolita fashion can be wedding-dress-y. At the very least you can wear a beautiful dress everyday if you want xD

I'm not overly keen on the Lolita thing, which strikes me as designed to narrow young girls' horizons. And Japanese girls' horizons are already quite narrow enough.

I 'marry' people in Japan,  and it's all about the dress, the photos, the video. The two-hour (and not a minute more) wedding feast that follows is just an expensive afterthought.
     Reply #46 - January 03, 2016, 08:02 AM

Are you kidding me!? Grin Don't get me wrong, I actually find the lolita thing to be absolutely adorable. Wouldn't mind dressing lolita-ish from time to time. But I have a hard time as it is fitting in and actually finding nice clothes, with my inclination to bright colours and patterns, and whatnot. This is the land where everyone wears black, and if you try anything remotely to be deemed "continental" (Cheesy), you're looked at as a weirdo. "What is this, Italy?? Roll Eyes". This is Sweden, don't try being better than anyone else! We even have a word for it, "jantelagen".

PS I actually lucked out because of this once. Bought a beautiful designer silk summer dress in "tropical" colour and pattern. The designer store had brought it in from Italy, but not a single Swedish lady had dared to buy it. Several had looked at it, but all of them was like "meeeh, how can I wear this??". Gurl, I can wear that. It had originally cost over 350 euros, bought it for a lot less because they needed room for their fall collection...

Didn't know Sweden was like that! Is Sweden is into black now? Is this just the common fashion trend? When I was in South Korea it was the trend to wear black, so everybody wore black  Cheesy

It's surprising to know that Sweden also has that mentality "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"?  grin12

I'm not overly keen on the Lolita thing, which strikes me as designed to narrow young girls' horizons. And Japanese girls' horizons are already quite narrow enough.

I 'marry' people in Japan,  and it's all about the dress, the photos, the video. The two-hour (and not a minute more) wedding feast that follows is just an expensive afterthought.

I actually think that most sub-culture like lolita, gyaru or even ganguro are basically counter-culture, bend on defying the common tradition. So in a country like Japan where everyone is raised to be "kind of similar" to each other, counter-culture is very creative and innovative. Or so I thought, at least.

I mean, if you dress like that; dare to be different, there will be some backlash from your community. So at least, lolita girls have more personality because they dare to defy the tradition. That's what I think.
     Reply #47 - January 04, 2016, 01:55 PM

I fear you are wrong. Style sub-cultures are all about belonging to a herd, an ever-so-slightly-different herd.

There's a post-punk song from 1978 called Part Time Punks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKkOOQR7_o

Walking down the King's Road
    I see so many faces,
    They come from many places,
    They come down for the day
    They walk around together
    And try and look trendy.
    I think it's a shame
    That they all look the same.

Here they come
    La la la la la la
    The part time punks

Substitute Harajuku for the King's Road, and it's the same thing, sadly. Except that the gyaru/ganguro are fundamentally even less rebellious than England's suburban punks were.
     Reply #48 - January 10, 2016, 09:45 AM

I learned they are different kinds of sex. Each has its positive and comes with their own baggage.

Paid sex
    One night stand
    Booty call
    Friends with benefit
    Romantic relationship
    Marriage

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #49 - January 10, 2016, 04:08 PM

2 down, 4 to go.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #50 - January 10, 2016, 04:08 PM

You forgot giant dungeon orgies, innit.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #51 - January 11, 2016, 06:41 AM

Yeah that too. Lol

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #52 - January 25, 2016, 05:49 AM

this is a great post! I definitely agree with every point... I was raised that my body, having sex out of marriage or even just being friends with a guy was extremely shameful. My parents still think I'm a virgin and that I've never had a boyfriend. My mum doesn't even allow me to use tampons as she believes it will break my hymen and therefore I'm not a virgin.
    As a muslim teen growing up I always viewed as being in relationships my weakness in faith as I had boyfriends throughout my teen years. Although Islam and my parents raised me to think sex and relationships are a major sin I just couldn't grasp the fact that being with someone and making love with them can be such a horrendous crime. I view sexual compatibility a big thing in a relationship and glad i'm a ex-muslim now as don't feel shame or guilt it.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »