Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islamic State ruling aims to settle who can have sex with female slaves

(Read 2949 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islamic State ruling aims to settle who can have sex with female slaves
     OP - December 30, 2015, 03:45 AM

Among the fatwa's injunctions are bans on a father and son having sex with the same female slave; and the owner of a mother and daughter having sex with both.

"If the owner of a female captive, who has a daughter suitable for intercourse, has sexual relations with the latter, he is not permitted to have intercourse with her mother and she is permanently off limits to him. Should he have intercourse with her mother then he is not permitted to have intercourse with her daughter and she is to be off limits to him."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-islamic-state-sexslaves-exclusive-idUSKBN0UC0AO20151230

I almost think this is propoganda on the western side against ISIL, its so unbelivable.

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
     Reply #1 - December 30, 2015, 05:53 AM

Why is it so unbelievable? We already know IS is using captured women as sex slaves. How is a fatwa about some minor details of slavery unbelievable?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - December 30, 2015, 06:36 AM

islam allows sex slavery…and isis openly engages in it…and islam is obsessed with making all kinds of bizarre specific rules about everything…no surprise at all.
     Reply #3 - December 30, 2015, 08:49 AM

Why would it be unbelievable? Because we see certain parts of Islamic practice and fiqh IRL, that had been "forgotten and ignored" for a long time? Don't forget the reward for bringing back a sunnah of the pbuh. There are some specific mention of the honour and reward for it in a hadeeth, but my sub-conscious has made me hide it away somewhere in my memory bank.

These ARE actual fiqh rules, and students and scholars who advance in their studies all learn it. Even though I never reached there to get into the whole fiqh of slavery, there were a lot of redundant fiqh rules for modern life we asked why we had to memorize it. "Because you never know if you will find yourself in a situation when you need the knowledge". Alhamdulillah, we had a scholar available for our recent slavery issues in the khilafah.

And don't forget. These are THE rules and regulations that makes Muslim apologists claim how just and merciful Islamic slavery was. Well, now it's up for the test Wink

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #4 - December 31, 2015, 03:51 PM

Slavery has been a reality throughout most of human civilisation for most of history.  Its no surprise that an ideology formed in the 7th century would have rules and regulations about something that, at that stage, would have been a universal reality.  Given the fundamentalist nature of IS its also no surprise that they would take those 7th century standards as appropriate for the modern world. 

There's nothing unbelievable about it.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »