Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 10:35 AM

New Britain
Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 02, 2024, 04:16 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: confused and depressed

(Read 10220 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #30 - January 10, 2016, 08:53 AM

Dear Voyager,

Dont become depressed over this matter, you are on the right track, keep going. I am in simalar position to you and this year had to re-examine everything and had a real good taste from the critics of Islam and being true to reason, logic, fairness and justice I couldnt look back.

You have taken some huge steps forward but it seems like you want to take a few steps back. You need to put this scientific error thing aside for a moment and look at it from the other different perspectives which you have already done I am sure. The fact that Islam is a system of intolerance, hate, control, subjugation, imposition, supremacy and violence against the whole humankind who do not follow and believe in its barbarity, in complete violation and infringement of the rights and personal freedoms of others, this alone is enough to prove that it is inhumane and has no placed in the civilised world let alone being from a divine almighty peaceful god.

I really recommend that you read the debates of Ali Sina on Faith Freedom if you have not done so already. He poses some really serious charges, challenge, questions and refutations which no one is able to give adequete answers and was instrumental in changing my views and I am sure it will effect your mindset too. He has a written debate/book on there called probing Islam, with a Moderate Pakistani Scholar Javed al Ghamidi. He has one book where he is debunking all scientific claims made by Zakir Naik which may be of particular interest to you, but I suggest going through the debates first with Yamin Zakaria and Javed al Ghamidhi amongst others. Here are the links, let me know how it goes.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/challenge.htm
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/YaminZakaria.htm
    http://www.news.faithfreedom.org/downloads/probing-islam.pdf

World’s Greatest Showman, Ali Sina on Zakir Naik: A review of The Qur’an and the Bible in the Light of Science 
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/NaikCampbellintro.htm

• confused and depressed
     Reply #31 - January 12, 2016, 02:40 PM

As I said in my previous post, if you read it, there are some certain fundamental differences between the two religions. But you see, even though Christianity does not seemingly have texts that would support religious state law the way the Quran and hadith do, did not prevent codified Christian law to develop and to actually be part of many states legislation throughout history up till today. Again, we are dealing with reality here, not some theoretical ideal or some theological argument.

This is, by the way, one of the biggest mistakes when discussing religion in connection to the individual, group, society, state. Instead of focusing what is actually taking place, how the texts are actually taking shape in reality, we often times slide back to (in all honesty) a futile discussion about some theory or ideal of how it is supposed to be.

I am only pointing out that there was a "charge as in command" to create a political system to the believers whereas there wasn't in the other case. I completely acknowledge that views evolve over time. Getting back to the source is one way to show that people are assuming authority, goals and agenda's that were not promoted by religious figures one follows but by religious authority at a later date.
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #32 - February 24, 2016, 02:07 AM

Old thread:  But I thought of this song:  For Op-  About a woman who has been liberated from the fear of "god"

inspirational

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOFWBHa_04
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #33 - February 24, 2016, 02:08 AM

Lyrics:

Angry little patriarch
    You sit upon your cardboard throne
    Computer chip to make you talk
    A bad synthetic baritone
    Omnipotent counterfeit
    Your red eyes blinking back and forth
    Your punishment is handed down
    But no one hears you from the shelf

Vengeful lord
    Exacting father
    You are nothing but a toy
    Take your leave
    You have no power
    I don't fear your damning voice
    Bearded one
    Demanding sire
    Bellowing a hollow threat
    Take your thunder
    Take your fire
    Don't forget your coronet

Imitation potentate
    Stern expression painted on
    Mantle made of cellophane
    And brandishing a rubber wand
    Consecrated effigy
    Thousands of your model sold
    Assembly line
    Divinity with simulated thunderbolts

You are all powerful
    Among the other toys
    Molded and painted
    And fiercely employed
    With lording over
    All the plastic action figurines
    Collect 'em all and melt 'em all
    With my acetylene
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #34 - February 24, 2016, 04:01 AM

interesting!

'I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use: silence, exile and cunning.'
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #35 - February 25, 2016, 03:32 AM

thanks qura.  My interpretation:  She use to fear this god, but now she sees it for what it is.  Just a product made for consumption by humanity in a younger, less mature stage.  Her god was only one of many figures produced.  There might be other gods, or concepts people have outgrown, like slavery, or sexism.  These are the "toys."  And they are mass produced.  Her personal god was just one of many reproduced, the ideas are there in their own form for each person.  But now, when she sees it for what it is, she's laughing at how she was so scared by this supposedly omnipotent being when it was just a product of man, made by man for (more primitve) man- there may be an idea here that the people who reproduce these ideas at the top have a better understanding, and dispense these "toys" to their subjects as form of control-     so she's ;laughing at how powerless the toys are and ultimately "collecting them all", all the idea-relics of history that distracted her mind, and is melting them down with her torch-  a torch being a symbol of fire and light, knowledge, liberation, passion, creative discussion,
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #36 - February 25, 2016, 08:01 AM

my god is me...Anal Haq!

'I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use: silence, exile and cunning.'
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #37 - February 25, 2016, 01:57 PM

Just imagine if your surname was Faq and...well, u no.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • confused and depressed
     Reply #38 - February 25, 2016, 05:30 PM

@Quod Sum Eris

It's not just the scientific errors in the quran, of which there are many, but also claims of events and people which are either highly unlikely or could not have happened. I'll hunt down some more links for you later, but for now let me share two posts of mine. The first is in response to a muslim asking for our five strongest arguments against the quran, the second was a drunken reply when I was asked what evidence there is for Moses.

The story of Adam and his wife was the last domino to fall for me. After going through it, there are a ton of contradictions in the Quran and its stories. I was a hardcore creationist but this simple analysis destroyed the false world I lived in.
    I posted this in a different forum so here it is in italic.

The mainstream understanding of the story of Adam and his wife is that they had children and their children then married each other and that is how humanity began. Two people with the same mother and father have sex with each other to reproduce. If that isn't incest then I don't know what else is. Today, society frowns upon incest. It is considered to be one of the most disgusting things one can do, to have sex with your own sibling.

"Prohibited to you are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful"(4:23)

"That was the Way of Allah in the case of those who passed away of old, and you will not find any change in the Way of Allah"(33:62)
    "This has been consistently the case with all the messengers that we sent before you, and you will find that our system never changes"(17:77)

According to the mainstream interpretation of the Reading(Quran), there are verses which explicitly forbid any sexual relationship with a blood relative. We are also told that the "way of Allah never changes". If this is true, why on earth do Muslims believe that humanity spread through incest? Why did Allah need incest to kick-start the human race but ban it later down the road? Would that not contradict 33:62 and 17:77?

So how did humanity begin? Brothers and sisters sleeping with each other? Now incest seems to be haram but before it was acceptable even to Allah.  This time though Allah turned around and made it haram whilst also telling you that his laws never change.

Another really disturbing finding was how this Allah got so offended by your sexual preferences that he was willing to wipe out a whole city just because of their sexuality while allowing pedophiles, rapists and killers go free. The people who apparently hijacked his message to humanity(Bible and Tora) were "allowed to corrupt" it according to the Quran itself.  So Allah will wipe you out for being gay but he won't wipe you out for hijacking and corrupting the Bible and Tora and leading billions of people astray. This same Allah will punish the victims for "disbelieving" and torture them for eternity in hell even though it was Allah himself that allowed it to happen. Despite all this, Allah claims to be the most merciful.

I could go on for days finding contradictions in the Quran. Contradictions the average person wouldn't even notice.

Islam is a religion of peace..the kind of peace you find six feet under if you try to leave
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »