Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America

(Read 115137 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America
     Reply #120 - July 20, 2016, 04:38 AM

The person scheduled to give the closing benediction at tonight's Republican National Convention is a Muslim immigrant from Pakistan. Yes, seriously.

His name is Sajid Tarar, and he's the founder of an organization called "American Muslims for Trump."

Given Donald Trump's controversial stance on Muslims, in particular his call to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the US, this might be more than a bit surprising to hear.

Yet while it makes sense for the GOP to want to have a token Muslim to parade out as proof that their deeply racist and Islamophobic policies are anything but, it makes less sense why said token Muslim would support Trump in the first place.

But it turns out that Tarar is not alone. In March, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Muslim civil rights and advocacy group, surveyed 1,850 registered Muslim voters. And they found that 11 percent supported Trump. Indeed, Trump was by far the most popular of the five Republican candidates who were still in the race at the time.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/3/11155782/muslim-voters-trump

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #121 - July 20, 2016, 04:41 AM

After a surreal second night of the Republican Convention, which was marked by speeches from Donald Trump’s two least articulate children, a series dead-ended Republican politicians who were bitter toward Hillary Clinton, and a truly disturbing rant from Dr. Ben Carson, the evening was capped off with a speech from a guy named Sajid Tarar. He was announced as being the leader of a group called “American Muslims For Trump” – and if that sounds like it can’t possibly be a real thing, it might not be.

In fairness, Tarar is very much the head of an entity by that name. But it’s difficult to find any evidence that there might any anyone else in this “group” beyond himself. He’s credited as having organized a pro-Trump event which drew “dozens” of people, but it’s not even clear if any of them were fellow Muslims.

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/american-muslims-for-trump-group-appears-to-be-just-the-one-guy/25291/

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #122 - July 20, 2016, 04:43 AM

Start watching at 3:53:53
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjh7YEaEUE?t=14032
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO_MRrozLpM

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #123 - July 20, 2016, 05:24 AM

American Muslims for Trump are probably people who put "American" and their "human" identity ahead of their "muslim" identity.

In the article, they're banking on Trump not acting on his muslim ban statement... Honestly I think that these people feel that they're safe because they can walk away from that "muslim" label anytime. They're muslims now, but if somehow Trump actually bans muslim, they'd just go atheist right away.
     Reply #124 - July 20, 2016, 07:03 PM

Personally I have thought that Trump would win from the beginning, I still believe it now.  I also believed the UK would vote to leave the EU, and I was right about that.

I think the anti-Muslim thing is appealing to a large swathe of people, and given the increasing poverty, and massive inequality in both the UK and the US, scapegoating foreigners/immigrants has always worked.

The mood is ugly.

@three, I know you said in your comment a few pages back that the white working class people you know didn't find him appealing, but to be fair, we don't really hang out with people that would.  Normally a person's social world is narrowed to those that are 'more like them' than those that aren't.  it's the same for me, although I'd say that my white working class friends are somewhere in the middle.  They are confused.

However they don't like Trump, he's a bit too extreme for them, but in the UK they are sometimes confused enough to come to me and say 'but what about this, and what about that', and it is necessary for me to re-centre their views.

Then again it's not just the white working class over here, my sister's husband who is Moroccan was ranting to me about immigrants stealing jobs, houses and benefits, as was an Albanian guy I met the other day who still had an accent, and was telling me about the immigrants ruining this country.  Grin

So yea, my view is that Trump will win.  Much as hate has won over here.

All on the back of the powers that be, placing the blame elsewhere for the increasing poverty being experienced by regular people in both countries.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #125 - July 20, 2016, 08:14 PM

I’ve been following the coverage of the Republican National Convention here and there. It’s scary stuff. I didn’t stay up late enough to watch the actual official cross burning ceremony or anything  Roll Eyes , but I figured that if these people might legitimately have a chance at being the ones running the country, I might as well get acquainted with what they’re claiming they want to do.

What’s scarier is talking to people in person who casually admit they are Trump supporters. I’ve actually met quite a few – and not the ones that you’d necessarily expect to be seeping with hatred. The level of genuine ignorance, this world view and value system that might as well be a separate reality, that’s the scary part.
     Reply #126 - July 20, 2016, 08:23 PM

^^ Same.  It's frankly quite frightening listening to the ignorance, and really difficult to argue with them since they are 100% convinced in their ignorance.

I'm just a human, no real establishment backed authority to what I say, they on the other hand have watched loads of exposes on mainstream TV and read the 'trustworthy' newspapers, and that makes their beliefs more 'factual' than mine.

My friend works in a supermarket at the night time to make ends meet as a shelf stacker, and she said all the people there support trump, and UKIP, other than her one nigerian Muslim (possibly ex-muslim she thinks) male friend who works there.

My sister says the same thing about where she works.

And sadly many people I thought were worthy of respect on my facebook, have turned out to be more xenophobic than i realised.

But of course that doesn't apply to me, because I'm not like 'those others'.   Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #127 - July 20, 2016, 08:24 PM

I was watching a few of his supporters interviewed on the news earlier on, and I got the same sense as you did.  Its scary, and I'm also beginning to think Trump might win which is scarier.  

We live in interesting times.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #128 - July 20, 2016, 08:39 PM

"A mixture of gullibility and cynicism had been an outstanding characteristic of mob mentality before it became an everyday phenomenon of masses. In an ever-changing, incomprehensible, world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything is possible and that nothing was true. The mixture in itself was remarkable enough, because it spelled the end of the illusion that gullibility was a weakness of unsuspecting primitive souls and cynicism the vice of superior and refined minds. Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness."

- Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
     Reply #129 - July 20, 2016, 08:43 PM

^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqOTxl3Bsbw
     Reply #130 - July 20, 2016, 10:52 PM

The Muslims already here are fine! Pandering from Trump, nothing more.
    I’ve been following the coverage of the Republican National Convention here and there. It’s scary stuff. I didn’t stay up late enough to watch the actual official cross burning ceremony or anything  Roll Eyes , but I figured that if these people might legitimately have a chance at being the ones running the country, I might as well get acquainted with what they’re claiming they want to do.

What’s scarier is talking to people in person who casually admit they are Trump supporters. I’ve actually met quite a few – and not the ones that you’d necessarily expect to be seeping with hatred. The level of genuine ignorance, this world view and value system that might as well be a separate reality, that’s the scary part.

Its like going to a movie you think is a comedy then realize it is a horror flick.
     Reply #131 - July 21, 2016, 01:35 AM

I do know some Trump supporters. Some disabled folk who don´t get out much, a rabid racist who makes homophobic jokes, a very wealthy family, and an ex-con tattooed with white supremacist flags. Some I overhear and some are Facebook nuts who scream their paranoia to the world.
    Maybe the hard working and unremarkable people I know are a little bubble of practicality, you might be right. Or maybe they, in direct conversation with me, are sparing me their truth.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #132 - July 22, 2016, 01:00 AM

A correction - the time was 5:34:13.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #133 - July 23, 2016, 11:28 AM

Clinton picks Kaine as running mate, bypassing liberals  says news

who is that guy? never heard his name..  Is Mrs. Clinton trying her best to loose her bid to that top job of US of A?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #134 - July 23, 2016, 12:44 PM

Sam Harris articulates why Donald Trump is a dangerous candidate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU
     Reply #135 - July 23, 2016, 03:21 PM

Sam Harris articulates why Donald Trump is a dangerous candidate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

hello puzzlelover.. Sam Harris is good., but   I operate on the basic principle of "nothing is unquestionable ..no one is unquestionable"  ., So on that basis., the few minutes  I watched that tube  I say Sam Harris is not right.,   (I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF DUMP) but here is the point Sam says Dump is the least qualifies candidate since his birth.,  So question is what are the qualification for a person to become a candidate to US of A president?  and why Dump is not  for that job??

damn for some reason my figures type D instead of T.,  brain problems..

Reply #136 - July 23, 2016, 03:55 PM

Yeez, I think he explains his opposition more towards the end, agree with it or not. I've always questioned things from a very early age and got the sharp end of my devout mum's wrath for it. 

I just posted the tube for interests sake.

Your question about qualifications is a good one.  What is your opinion ?   Smiley
     Reply #137 - July 23, 2016, 03:58 PM

^^^An absolutely brilliant video. It's, however, thirty minutes long. The persons who need to understand this aren't going to watch it. Also, you can pick Trumps brain, mind, ethics and competence to pieces until the end of time. He can just lean forward and respond by saying something like "You're a dummie!!", and get away with it.
    who is that guy? never heard his name..  Is Mrs. Clinton trying her best to loose her bid to that top job of US of A?

She might be trying to win over voters from Trump instead of the ones she's about to loose to a third party candidate. If that's part of the reasoning it's a bad idea. She needs to give something to the Stein camp.
     Reply #138 - July 25, 2016, 02:37 PM

My attempt at analysing the US election seem to be totally flawed. Trump and Clinton are tied and the others are going back. I don't know why you would want to really vote for trump other than to follow what John Oliver has to say about it for the next four years.
     Reply #139 - July 25, 2016, 06:34 PM

I think part of Donald Trump's game plan, isn't just to attract voters to his campaign, but also to create a sense of hopelessness among those who would oppose him. This election cycle has served to do that thus far, but even still there is no need to think that a Trump presidency is any more inevitable than a Hillary one.

At the end of the day American presidential politics is still the same old song and dance which will play out over the next few months, and either of the major candidates can make strides which will push them into a favorable position. The Democratic and Republican machines are really very evenly matched, although in a presidential election I tend to slightly favor the Democrats' strategic position. In this thing which has ended up becoming a spectator sport, the outcome is incredibly uncertain until polling day.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #140 - July 25, 2016, 11:28 PM

My attempt at analysing the US election seem to be totally flawed. Trump and Clinton are tied and the others are going back. I don't know why you would want to really vote for trump other than to follow what John Oliver has to say about it for the next four years.

Some want to vote for Trump as they believe it will stir up trouble with the status quo. Many see Hillary as representing the status quo of the whole system not merely one party. People are also drawn to the single person leadership style Trump uses in his rhetoric in his speeches. When people become frustrated with democracy often they turn to people that demonstrate, or claim, top-down leadership much as was seen with corporations, monarchs and dictators. Such people "resolve" issues with democracy systems by undermining it while collecting, or using, as much single power authority they can muster.

I know of one person that is voting for Trump just to shit on the system. He hates the system more than he hates Trump.
     Reply #141 - July 25, 2016, 11:42 PM

..........I know of one person that is voting for Trump just to shit on the system. He hates the system more than he hates Trump.

well whoever doing that is exactly doing opposite to  what he/she supposed to do .,  In fact  American with such ideas(shit on two party high spending electoral system)should not vote for  Trump as he representing republican party.   

Reply #142 - July 26, 2016, 12:45 AM

Yeah, shitting on the system is voting third party. I wish your friend would do that instead. Or even write in a candidate.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #143 - July 26, 2016, 11:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKWkhnSb5k

that is a wonderful of video  for Dump to watch or do an experiment on him making him  a Muslim or a  Mexican guy for a week.. That experiment should be done  all over the world in all schools

She is fantastic and that too she did that in 70s in US of A., I say this,   people like her are the  reason why that country stands out with all its mistakes and stupidity

Reply #144 - July 26, 2016, 11:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7ocpRhDD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzpWFP4eHlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLoel5EKT34

Reply #145 - July 26, 2016, 12:23 PM

DNC 2016: Sarah Silverman tells ‘Bernie or Bust’ supporters ‘You’re being ridiculous’ Smiley
     Reply #146 - July 26, 2016, 01:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNWYqDU948

my goodness gracious ..compare that what we have in home  and she is not even  in US of A Senate

watch the Baboons in power from the other side of  the planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxTngjktteY

Reply #147 - July 26, 2016, 01:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rtXaPV5SYM

Reply #148 - July 26, 2016, 02:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjF1ziPuIA

Reply #149 - July 26, 2016, 02:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM7lRivk8VQ

that is a great speech...

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »