Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: contradictory quran

(Read 3707 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • contradictory quran
     OP - December 01, 2015, 04:53 PM

Hi, everyone

I had a chance to read a book called "The God Delusion"by Richard Dawkins in 2007-8. the more I read the book the more it made sense to me. After I finished the book, I got hold of an English translation of quran. it was the first time I read quran in any other language then arabic. it was the first time I could understand quran. the more I read it the more it become clear to me that how contradictory quran is.

in one verse quran recognises that jewish and christian gods are indeed allah and true god (quran 29/46) and their books (scriptures) are the same as quran and quran is the continuity of bible and torah (quran 10/37). on the other hand quran says that chritians are unclean and ordered muslim (or muhammad) not to let them in the grand mosque in mecca (quran 9/28) and on one verse quran says jews and christians are disbelievers and charlatans (quran 9/30). on one place quran says the disbelievers are to be beheaded and killed (quran 18/12-14). these are only few examples of the contradictions in quran.

What was the death knell of the religion for me was the predestination concept in quran. quran tells that every thing is predetermined and whatever happens in this world is predetermined and written in a book with allah (quran 54/49, 57/2, 87/1-3, 14/4, 57/2)). Now if everything is predetermined then what's the point of heaven and hell. is Allah filling hell with whom he has already decided about. He has created beings to fill hell. beings who are in no way responsible for what they are doing because Allah is leading them astray. he is creating beings for the fun of it. And if everything is predetermined and predestined then another name of allah al ghaffar (the forgiver) used in quran many times looses its meaning.

How can you forgive someone if their fate is predetermined and if they are doing anything thing wrong, they cannot correct themselves because they are destined to to do wrong and even somehow if they correct themselves allah will let them astray; because he allah has made him this way and his name is written in the book for hell.

It looks like allah is some megalomaniac who loves absolute power, some sadist who is created beings just to burn them in hell and then punish them in this world, so cruel that if someone wants to change their ways and wants to become a god fearing man allah don’t let them do it because that person is destined for hell.

If he is master of universe and creator of everything then why has he created aids, cancer and all other life threatening illnesses and diseases

Believers give an answer that it is to test and punish humans. Test for what. What are you testing us for. You have kept a book with you in which you have written and decided the fates for everyone then why test. That is not a fair god. And punishment for what. You are punishing them in hell, you are punishing them in this world. So it means allah has created those people just be punished

what a sick and sad god he is.

If you accept this argument of test for one sec then you ask

OK fine, he is testing humans by sending us aids but what about children contracting these diseases before even being born. What sort of a sadist god is that he is testing unborn children. I will not accept this god as the most merciful and most compassionate.

OK diseases are for human test and human making then how about natural disasters. That’s not human making. floods, tornados, earthquakes and all natural disasters that’s not human making.

So if allah or god is the creator of everything and he has created all these natural disasters too. WHY

why punish people who are already destined to be punished. And if you are punishing bad people how about good people. An earthquake does not differentiate between a good muslim and a bad non muslim. A tsunami wipes out a godly man and an un godly man at the same time. An aids virus cannot differentiate between an non believer and an unborn child.

These are traits of a god who call itself al basir(the seer of all), al Sami(the hearer of all).

Was his eyes closed when :

more than 30 million people(and counting) lost their lives against fighting aids.
    Could he not hear the screams of 100's and 1000's of people when the 2004 tsunami struck the Indian ocean,
    was he not present when over 75000 people lost their life in 2005 Kashmir quake
    about 250000 people lost their lives in famine in Somalia in the early 90s
    what was he doing when millions of jews (who are also his followers as per quran) were murdered in WWII by the hands of Nazis (these are only few I’ve given for example)

it is a god who is the creator of the wars and famines (the creator of all). It is the god calls himself (the peace or the source of peace) but love human misery. It is a god. It is a god who calls himself “All Able and All Capable”but unable to stop this destruction. It is a god who calls himself “Preventer Of Harm” but enjoys and approve harm himself and creator of harm himself (because he is the creator of all). It is a god that that calls him self al sami (the hearer of all) but keeps his ears covered when a woman is being rape. It is a god who calls himself as shafi (the curer) lets millions and millions of people suffer and die instead of eradicating that disease.

If that are the qualities of god than I refuse to accept god. I believe in humanity, I believe human evolution has made an ape from Africa to move on from the jungles and start building and living in cites, start to explore and answer questions that no other species before humans have thought of.

I believe religion was invented to answer the unanswerable question of the time and to keep people under control in the name of a supreme being. Well if you blindly believe in a supreme being then it is a lot easier for others to make you do a lot of things in the name of that supreme being. It is a lot easier to lead and govern people in the name of religion.

For most of human history God was the best explanation for the existence and nature of the physical universe.

But during the last few centuries, scientists have developed solutions that are much more logical, more consistent, and better supported by evidence. There is simply no more evidence for Allah or Jehovah than there is for Zeus. Muslims and Christians find no reason to believe that Zeus exists, so they do not believe in him. For the same reason, I do not believe in Allah, Jehovah and Zeus
    We don’t need god or allah or religion to provide us with wrong, contradictory answers. We don’t need god to be a good human being. We can be good and better without the restraints of religion. We will be better off without some god telling us to kill infidels and some pope telling people in Africa not to use condoms because it spread aids. We will be and can b better off with out any weak, dumb, power mad god that enjoy blood and suffering.
    I do not have any animosity with any religion or its practitioners. I am a believer in humanity and if anyone wants and finds solitude in religion, then they are more then welcome to believe in allah, jehovah, god, jesus or brahma etc. but I have had enough with religion and its gods.

please comment if u agree with me..

Many Thanx
    qudsia iqbal (member of ex muslim)

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
  • contradictory quran
     Reply #1 - December 01, 2015, 05:03 PM

Welcome  parrot

I always found Quran-only Muslims or Quranists to be strange. They took the first step to recognizing the hadeeth to contain horrible things, but they seem to be very peaceful with the verses of the Qur'an that mandate people be burnt forever.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • contradictory quran
     Reply #2 - December 02, 2015, 07:49 AM

Nothing I disagree with.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • contradictory quran
     Reply #3 - December 02, 2015, 05:13 PM

Thnx Quod sum Eris

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
  • contradictory quran
     Reply #4 - February 13, 2016, 11:58 AM

well  i missed reading Qudsia iqbal post....he picks up Quran verses  here and there and asks a question...

Hi, everyone

..........., I got hold of an English translation of quran. it was the first time I read quran in any other language then arabic. it was the first time I could understand quran. the more I read it the more it become clear to me that how contradictory quran is.............

.....(quran 29/46)
    ......(quran 10/37).
    ..... (quran 9/28
     ..(quran 9/30).
    ....(quran 18/12-14). .....
    ...(quran 54/49, 57/2, 87/1-3, 14/4, 57/2)). ........

Many Thanx
    qudsia iqbal (member of ex muslim)

hello  qudsia iqbal  .. greetings and my good wishes to you.. I agree with most of what you say in the post Except your commentary on Quran verses

To comment on a verse of Quran.. 1st thing one must do is  PUT THOSE VERSES IN THE POST...  so let me do that., then we can think/discuss about them..

.....(quran 29/46) .....

029.046 : And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit.

......(quran 10/37).....  

010.037 : This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.

..... (quran 9/28).....

009.028 R: O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise.

..(quran 9/30).....

009.030 : The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

....(quran 18/12-14). .....

018.012  : Then We raised them up that We might know which of the two parties was best able to compute the time for which they remained.

018.013 : We relate to thee their story in truth: they were youths who believed in their Lord, and We advanced them in guidance:

018.014 : And We strengthened their hearts with patience, when they stood up and said: Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth; we will by no means call upon any god besides Him, for then indeed we should have said an extravagant thing.

...(quran 54/49, 57/2, 87/1-3, 14/4, 57/2)). .......

054.049 : Surely We have created everything according to a measure..

057.002 : To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: It is He Who gives Life and Death; and He has Power over all things.

087.001 : Glorify the name of your Lord, the Most High,

087.002 I: Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion;

087.003 : And Who makes (things) according to a measure, then guides (them to their goal),

014.004: And We did not send any messenger but with the language of his people, so that he might explain to them clearly; then Allah makes whom He pleases err and He guides whom He pleases and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Well those are the verses Qudsia iqbal picked up from Quran to to write his post..

well.. Hello Qudsia iqbal., could you please read those verses again and write comment ON YOUR POST??., As far as your question

is concerned .. I partially agree with your post but I am of the opinion that  you have not read those verses carefully.,

correct me if I am wrong...

with  best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »