Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Free Choice of Hijab

(Read 2280 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Free Choice of Hijab
     OP - November 30, 2015, 12:13 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mizzou-teaching-assistant-beat-teen-not-wearing-hijab-article-1.2449726

Youssif Omar, 53, allegedly abused a teenage family member for not wearing a hijab in school.
    A University of Missouri teaching assistant allegedly pulled a teenage relative out of her high school by her hair and assaulted her for not wearing a hijab, police said.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1 - November 30, 2015, 12:24 PM

I remember defending the hijab tooth and nail, claiming that it was a personal choice and that all Muslim women who wore it were happy with it.

Clearly that was not the case, as I had no choice but to wear it only a couple of years before that.

Of course it's still important that women who want to wear it have the right to do so but there is a significantly large number who do not have the freedom to take it off. There are girls who remove it as soon as they are a certain distance away from their family.
     Reply #2 - November 30, 2015, 12:59 PM

Fucking scum bag needs to have the US constitution and bill of rights rammed down his throat.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - November 30, 2015, 02:36 PM

I hope that'll be the end of his job, he'll never be allowed near children again and he'll get a prison sentence. I suppose he'll be watched carefully as well, in-case he's a terrorist threat. I imagine they'll deport  him if he isn't an American citizen.
     Reply #4 - November 30, 2015, 02:38 PM

To me this isn't so much a hijab issue, it seems to be one where complete ownership of ones kith, especially female children, is expected. Wearing a hijab is just one of many choices and actions that are made for her by her male elders.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - November 30, 2015, 06:55 PM

For all the noise about hijab being a woman's choice, there is no choice whatsoever in taking it off. Freedom of choice should include the freedom to take it off whenever you want to in public.
     Reply #6 - November 30, 2015, 07:18 PM

I can't forget that a poor girl that was choked to death by her father because she chose not to wear hijab and wanted to hang out with non-muslims.

I remember sharing this story in a khutbah even when I was an extreme salafi, and the so-called "liberal-moderate" muslims had a problem with it! They claimed, "you shouldn't talk about negative things about muslims in a khutbah!" All I was doing was outlining extremism in behavior.

For sure, we need justice!

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #7 - December 01, 2015, 01:38 AM

To me this isn't so much a hijab issue, it seems to be one where complete ownership of ones kith, especially female children, is expected. Wearing a hijab is just one of many choices and actions that are made for her by her male elders.

Yeah, you would be right. It looks like that.

Reply #8 - December 08, 2015, 12:29 AM

As a dirty kuffar, I shudder when I see women wandering around wearing the hijab. Bah, unBritish, I start straying into dark unworthy UKIPish thoughts.

Yet I have no such feelings  towards Sikhs in turbans, Jews wearing kippahs, Rastas with dreadlocks, or Indian aunties in saris (or even Scotsmen in kilts).

It is what lies behind the hijab, not the garment itself.
     Reply #9 - December 08, 2015, 02:56 AM

I love hijab. I love how it looks, on everybody, every style. I have to fight with myself not to go up and introduce myself to hijaabis, because fawning over people based on their religious clothing is ridiculous. I miss it something awful.

Reply #10 - December 08, 2015, 03:40 AM

I can't forget that a poor girl that was choked to death by her father because she chose not to wear hijab and wanted to hang out with non-muslims.

I remember sharing this story in a khutbah even when I was an extreme salafi, and the so-called "liberal-moderate" muslims had a problem with it! They claimed, "you shouldn't talk about negative things about muslims in a khutbah!" All I was doing was outlining extremism in behavior.

For sure, we need justice!

Did you ever consider keeping quite about your apostasy and working for changer from within?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #11 - December 08, 2015, 03:46 AM

Did you ever consider keeping quite about your apostasy and working for changer from within?

I feel like this forum in general is really big on reform from within. I'm not like that. I see that some members see hijab as a beautiful thing as long as it doesn't have religious meaning, and that islam brings good things as long as some things were cut out..

I look at Islam as a terrible dream I woke up from, and I have no desire to reform some things..

If I have a chance to talk to a Muslim and he's interested in reform, I'd encourage him.. But other than that, I'm not really into it. I might be unpopular holding that view here, but that's who I am.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #12 - December 08, 2015, 03:59 AM

Hahahaha... You're a lot like me, we're pretty much DONE,DONE,DONE and want NOTHING to do with Islam. No Adhan, no jilbab, no nothing. Fuck that shit. Enough is enough.

But of course, what we want is not really realistic. Islam isn't going away anytime soon, and the best way to handle this is to support reform.
     Reply #13 - December 08, 2015, 06:04 AM

"Islam isn't going away anytime soon, and the best way to handle this is to support reform."

I see some ex-muslims hold this view.. However there are other ex-muslims who just want to spread atheism and get on with their lives.

I personally think we need both types of ex-muslims in the world. We need as much diverse approaches as possible and not fight each other over which view we hold.

Some ex-muslims with a softer approach might accuse those who are staunch atheists as "bigots" and "anti-muslim" because they themselves hold more emphatic feelings toward hanging on to some aspects of Islam. Whereas some ex-muslims with a more hardline approach might accuse the softer ex-muslims as "not being effective enough."

I think the main thing is to recognize we all have our own approaches and personalities, and just respect them.

Reply #14 - December 08, 2015, 12:52 PM

Agree with that, I mean I'm at ex-muslim forum... Obviously I do think that getting rid of Islam altogether is the fastest way...

However it doesn't seem very realistic to hope that everybody would apostate.

Diversify the assets and open all gates  dance Not just apostasy, provide alternatives for people who can't go all the way!
     Reply #15 - December 08, 2015, 03:31 PM

There are many ways to go about it.. I understand the reform part as well.. But I just think some ex-muslims get caught up in this idea that "reform" is the only way to go because "Islam isn't going anywhere soon." It is a solution and it's effective, but it's not the ONLY way.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »