Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ahmed Mohamad, The Clock Boy

(Read 3865 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ahmed Mohamad, The Clock Boy
     OP - November 26, 2015, 09:41 AM

Anyone else think Ahmed Mohamad aka Clock Boy is just a little shit head? He intentionally brought a unscrewed clock to school and when told to put away his clock as some might get the wrong idea, he continued to be a shit head and show off his clock with its hardware visible and wires dangling.

When the police, principle, and teacher were questioned about the clock they said they were aware the clock wasn't a bomb however the issue was Ahmed refused to put away the clock even after repeatedly being asked.

The media tends to love playing the racism card. It really wins over those sympathetic viewers. The story turned into a case of Islamaphobia and now little "innocent" Ahmed is suing for $15 million and wants an apology.

Reply #1 - November 26, 2015, 09:51 AM

Also this video explaining that the clock wasn't made by Ahmed. Rather it's a commercial clock which Ahmed just removed from its plastic case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKpIA2CumXkpKE-JNhl_kzahyPCESDP1W00KW-vlk2v5w9sTKeVGVs8M1fS5m1sMh6CqF2M2qnt1wJ5onBtKi6q8KeyA2w&time_continue=104&v=CEmSwJTqpgY

Reply #2 - November 26, 2015, 10:16 AM

Yes, Ahmed sounds like a little shit head, but do schools really need to call the cops every time one of their little shit heads acts true to type?

(Suing for $15m is highly American behaviour.)
     Reply #3 - November 26, 2015, 10:54 AM

Anyone else think Ahmed Mohamad aka Clock Boy is just a little shit head? He intentionally brought a unscrewed clock .................

Ahmed is suing for $15 million and wants an apology.

Yes, Ahmed sounds like a little shit head, but do schools really need to call the cops every time one of their little shit heads acts true to type?

dear David and Prophet Banana..  Ahmed is not  a little shit head

But "Shit is put in to Ahmed's head  and Bananas are made in to Prophets" by Idiots who don't understand origins of human race and origins of religions ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - November 26, 2015, 01:19 PM

I actually think the same thing, PB. He shouldn't have been arrested, and the media (including social media) response shows how reactionary we've all become. What about actual cases of anti-Muslim bigotry, from people who DON'T want to claim compensation  over what happened but just want to be taken as human beings and get on peacefully with their lives?
     Reply #5 - November 26, 2015, 02:50 PM

Yes, they routinely do handcuff children now in various schools across the US. It is horrid and I hope it never happens in my children´s school. Most schools have a liaison officer on hand to deal with children who are not compliant and criminal issues. They no longer are sent to the principal, rather this officer is called into the classroom where the incident is occurring. It is usually the special needs children who are treated thus. The ¨delinquent¨ school in my district does not have this policy, though. I checked. The liaison officers started out paired up with schools as a resource or to deal with drug issues, and I wish it had remained that way.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #6 - November 26, 2015, 03:33 PM

The news made it sound as if it was something not routinely done, and as if he was being singled out for it.
     Reply #7 - November 26, 2015, 03:44 PM

Not routinely, you mean like this girl for not putting down her phone. If some guy did this to my daughter, I would personally cut his bollocks off   Wink  : )

https://youtu.be/NZ9KLxncH6k
     Reply #8 - November 26, 2015, 04:48 PM

Not routinely, you mean like this girl for not putting down her phone. If some guy did this to my daughter, I would personally cut his bollocks off   Wink  : )

Published on Oct 27, 2015
    A second video emerged of Deputy Ben Field's throwing a Spring Valley High School girl to the ground for refusing to give up her cell phone. She was not obeying the orders of the teacher, school administrator or the police officer, but...did the cop still go too far? Was this excessive? Comment below.

well suki  under the tube it says..

Santi Anzo 4 weeks ago

Wait a minute....why arent you talking about the PUNCH in the FACE that she gave to the officer before the officer grabbed her by the neck?

dan theman 1 week ago
     It's the school's fault for this happening, not the girls and not the over zealous rent-a-cops. Okay the girl was damn right disobedient and the cop was damn right aggressive, but the school is damn right stupid for not banning phones in school in the first place. Students should be told they are not allowed their phones in school full stop, let alone in the classroom. Kids should be sneaking around at lunch break with their phones making sure no teacher sees them, not be blatantly using it in class room like they don't give a shit, where has the respect gone? When I left school phones were not as wide spread but the kids that did have phones would have them snatched out their hands in a split second if they ever dared to use it in front of the teacher, and no rent-a-cop would be need because the teachers would happily do it themselves. The school system looks more and more like the prison system everyday. No respect, just us and them, mentality.

that is what people write on that incident... such free exchange on internet is very useful and educational..  Off course AMRIKA is a police kingdorm.

Reply #9 - November 26, 2015, 05:39 PM

Richard Dawkins draws criticism for 'clock boy' Ahmed Mohamed tweets  says AMRIKA  CNN news

London (CNN)Eminent British scientist Richard Dawkins has drawn criticism on social media for what some say is an unfair comparison between Ahmed Mohamed, the Texas teenager whose school project was mistaken for a bomb, and a young ISIS killer.

But Dawkins says he was merely drawing a parallel between their ages.

"HORRIFIED anyone thinks I could POSSIBLY liken Ahmed to a killer," Dawkins said in a tweet Wednesday. "My ONLY point of comparison was their AGES: kids not immune to criticism."

Dawkins, a leading voice in the atheist movement, was reacting to news that the Mohamed family was demanding $15 million in damages and an apology from city and school officials in Irving, Texas, over their treatment of the teen.

In September, the 14-year-old, who is Muslim, was detained, questioned and hauled off in handcuffs after bringing a handmade clock to school, which a teacher thought could have been a bomb.

"Don't call him 'clock boy' since he never made a clock. Hoax Boy, having hoaxed his way into the White House, now wants $15M in addition!" Dawkins tweeted Tuesday.

That is what is going on with Ahmed, his clock and that 15 million dollars...

Reply #10 - November 26, 2015, 06:14 PM

Yes, they routinely do handcuff children now in various schools across the US. It is horrid and I hope it never happens in my children´s school. Most schools have a liaison officer on hand to deal with children who are not compliant and criminal issues. They no longer are sent to the principal, rather this officer is called into the classroom where the incident is occurring. It is usually the special needs children who are treated thus. The ¨delinquent¨ school in my district does not have this policy, though. I checked. The liaison officers started out paired up with schools as a resource or to deal with drug issues, and I wish it had remained that way.

Here's Steve Wozniak's FB entry of how he spent a night in juvie  for a prank he pulled.  Its humorous:

Woz
    September 16 ·
    The story about the kid arrested for making a clock takes me back to high school in 1967. I built an electronic metronome and placed it in a friend's locker, along with a tin-foil switch to speed up the ticking when the locker was opened. I couldn't hold my laughter when Principal Bryld told me how he extracted the 'bomb', ran out to the football field (from the C building), and dismantled it. I wound up spending a night in 'juvie'. I did teach other inmates there how they could remove the electric wires from an overhead fan and attach them to the metal bars no shock the guards.
    11k Likes74 Comments2.4k Shares

This was in California.  He must have driven his teachers nuts.
     Reply #11 - November 26, 2015, 07:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix2N6_jLAgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=levqut93hzQ

Hail AMRIKA and its Police kingdorm

Reply #12 - November 26, 2015, 10:09 PM

Unnecessary to arrest him, unnecessary of him to bring that clock in a brief case to the school. Apparently the kid will move to Qatar, because they have such a great track record of respect for human rights.
     Reply #13 - November 27, 2015, 02:44 AM

The news made it sound as if it was something not routinely done, and as if he was being singled out for it.

It is routinely done for students that do not comply with the directions of the officer. Most of them never get on the news.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #14 - November 27, 2015, 05:16 AM

Anyone in his position would milk it as much as possible. Some people are just envious.
     Reply #15 - November 27, 2015, 03:05 PM

well suki  under the tube it says..

dan theman 1 week ago
     It's the school's fault for this happening, not the girls and not the over zealous rent-a-cops. Okay the girl was damn right disobedient and the cop was damn right aggressive, but the school is damn right stupid for not banning phones in school in the first place. Students should be told they are not allowed their phones in school full stop, let alone in the classroom. Kids should be sneaking around at lunch break with their phones making sure no teacher sees them, not be blatantly using it in class room like they don't give a shit, where has the respect gone? When I left school phones were not as wide spread but the kids that did have phones would have them snatched out their hands in a split second if they ever dared to use it in front of the teacher, and no rent-a-cop would be need because the teachers would happily do it themselves. The school system looks more and more like the prison system everyday. No respect, just us and them, mentality.

that is what people write on that incident... such free exchange on internet is very useful and educational..  Off course AMRIKA is a police kingdorm.

Yep..  there was a similar incident in my daughters school a week or so ago, the boy refused to put his phone away, after ten attempts to take his phone, the teacher decided to move the students into another room and gave him detention for the rest of the day (basically a day off lol)  her attitude was, well if he wants to fail his work and get low marks, let him fail..  there are more humane ways of dealing with delinquents.

xxxx
     Reply #16 - November 28, 2015, 09:21 AM

Anyone in his position would milk it as much as possible.

I don't think they would. Sensible parents would tell him keep a low profile now he's had his fun, tell him that life is about shits and giggles and knowing when to stop.

And no-one should ever sue for $15m unless they need it for round-the-clock care after an accident caused by negligence.
     Reply #17 - November 28, 2015, 05:34 PM

Unless you're suing a shithead corporation for doing something really shithead. In which case my own opinion is sue em for every thing they're worth.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #18 - November 28, 2015, 09:59 PM

Not routinely, you mean like this girl for not putting down her phone. If some guy did this to my daughter, I would personally cut his bollocks off   Wink  : )

What the actual fuck! How can that be allowed, and how can everyone else (especially the teacher) stand for this? Sure, they called the police, but that's a bit much, don't you think..

And you say this happens routinely? Something is seriously wrong. I've seen and been through some shitty stuff in schools in Pakistan, but would never have expected things like that in America..

Also, I wonder how all the people suing each other come up with the amount they're going to sue for. $15 million? Seems pretty arbitrary.
     Reply #19 - November 28, 2015, 11:43 PM

^this image explains why you should not believe they thought he had a bomb. As for the $15m, obviously it's his parents pushing that, not him. His parents would need to be the ones to hire a lawyer, he's a minor. They probably expect the school to settle out of court for much, much less. That's pretty much standard in this country, court cases are pretty much the only place where haggling for a better deal still happens. You start with an outrageous number, and then slowly argue til you agree on something more reasonable, hoping the other party doesn't call your bluff and go through with court proceedings.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #20 - November 29, 2015, 01:55 AM

Totally agree with you Banana.

To give some background: the boy was not arrested for bringing a bomb. At no time the teacher thought that he had a bomb. She knew that it wasn't one. He was arrested for making a bomb hoax. You have to know that his sister was kicked out of school just months before, for making a bomb treat! He also had such a record.

The story was presented by the media as if the boy actually build a clock by himself, but didn't. He just opened a clock with a screwdriver and put it in a suitcase so it locked like a bomb!

Then he brought it to school. The first teacher he showed the suitcase responded that it looked very suspicious and he should put it in his locker. But he didn't. Instead he went from class to class to show the clock. And after he didn't get the reaction he wanted to he turned on the alarm of the clock so it ringed during the class. The teacher took it away. She called the police not because she thought he had a bomb, but because of the zero tolerance policy to bomb treats in American schools.

This kid already got a lot of attention. He was invited to White House and got a scholarship in Qatar. What else does his family want? Now they look greedy and there are not helping against Islamophobia. Instead it even gets worst!
    If they win the lawsuit and get the money it will miss for other students.

I get so upset with this  finmad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGLM31S6II
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »